New recruitment Details?

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

New recruitment Details?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:43 pm

Gryphon
Right - I took quite a long period off from NC and the whole flippin' internet a while ago. At the time, there were issues regarding new recruits and the trouble that came with them.

What I'm asking is for a wee bit of a status update on that issue, so I know whether or not it is safe to recruit any new runners into the neocron clan.

If so, I need to know a few things.

1) Do I have permission?

2) Were there any changes to the recruitment guidelines that I should be made aware of?

3) what info would be best to provide on the NC forums?

Cheers :thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:52 pm

BlackDove
Two people to vouch for the person.

Get them to post here why they want to join us, though that is not very important with the initial members. Once you have a good playing base, it would be good to get them to post here leasurly.

I would also discourage use of the ingame forum, seeing how it's vastly counter productive and inferior.

Pretty much it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:28 pm

Gryphon
Oki koki - Thanks for the info BD :thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:11 pm

SSX-Biggie
BlackDove wrote:Two people to vouch for the person.

Get them to post here why they want to join us, though that is not very important with the initial members. Once you have a good playing base, it would be good to get them to post here leasurly.

I would also discourage use of the ingame forum, seeing how it's vastly counter productive and inferior.

Pretty much it.
With the current state of SSX in NC2, I feel your personal judgement for recruiting someone is good enough. I feel that you only need an additional member to vouch if you're going to give someone access to the clan bank.

Everything else should remain the same.
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:43 pm

BlackDove
That's the problem, it's not the same. The vouch system is there to secure good people coming in, much unlike what used to go on in the SSC. If you recruit a retard, the two people vouching have some explaining to do. That's over-exagerated though, considering it only becomes an issue if the retard is vocal enough to affect the rest of us. Everything else you solve according to your own judgement among members naturally.

The bank issue is essentially not important if you get good trustworthy vouchable people in, right? Good thing about Neocron though, you can limit damage by setting their rank below the rank that grants bank access so there won't be direct damage.

Still. Be careful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:22 am

SSX-Biggie
BlackDove wrote:That's the problem, it's not the same. The vouch system is there to secure good people coming in, much unlike what used to go on in the SSC. If you recruit a retard, the two people vouching have some explaining to do. That's over-exagerated though, considering it only becomes an issue if the retard is vocal enough to affect the rest of us. Everything else you solve according to your own judgement among members naturally.

The bank issue is essentially not important if you get good trustworthy vouchable people in, right? Good thing about Neocron though, you can limit damage by setting their rank below the rank that grants bank access so there won't be direct damage.

Still. Be careful.
Good advice BD, thanks.
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Gryphon
Heh - I've been giving the clan bank a bit of a hammering recently :S - on the plus I'm almost ready to go hunt wabbits and such, so it shouldn't take me more than an hour or two to get it all back in - and some rares to boot.

At the mo I'm concentrating on getting levelled - after that I'm going to set about collecting things to make the trial more enjoyable for anyone returning in 2.1, weapons, armour, hard to finds and the like, to minimise anyone on a trial wandering around looking for stuff.

I'm considering opening a shareable account and getting some reasonable characters set up on there so people can just hop right in and play, hopefully that'll hook a few of you lot :p
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

Return to “Neocron”