UA - International Server?

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

UA - International Server?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:58 pm

Blue Star
Recently, I got into a PM conversation with garyu69, an NC-forum regular & pluto player. I had responded to a "looking for clan in NC2"-type post he made earlier that day, and as the conversation went on I had an interesting idea.

Here's the PM exchanges in full - Note that Jonax is another name I use in games and was the one I registered on the board as ;)
Jonax wrote:If you really want to join up an FA clan, the SSC are looking to regroup on day 1 of retail under a new name :)

Just look for SirRah or Maester Seymour around the forums - They should tell ya more ;)

Blue
garyu69 wrote:Thanks for the offer, but eXo from Pluto are definetly going to be there in NC2. Be nice to have more FA clans to team up with though.
Jonax wrote:Nice :)

Dunno whether FA-Pluto had something similar but the three largest clans in FA-Uranus (SSC, Rangers, R2K) had an alliance going known as "United Angels". Dunno whether we'd be doing that again in NC2 but it'll be nice to be a solid faction again in the Dome :D

Blue
garyu69 wrote: The three main on pluto (exo, DoY, Phoenix) have always been close and stick together. There was nothing ever mentioned about an alliance but we knew we could count on each other anytime.
Unsure about R2K's status and dunno what happened with Rangers, but with most of those in us three clans being in NC2 and NC-Pluto's three main clans upgrading (to the best of my knowledge), I'm just wondering whether it's worth putting the United Angels concept to the FA-Pluto clans for the International Server in Open Beta (to sort out) and Retail (to go full swing).

If we could do well with three or so clans, having 4-6 could make all the FA clans even stronger. Considering that the factions are now effectively DoY vs NC, we could do with siding with as many groups in the Dome as possible.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 am

M.Steiner
BTW - SSX-NC will be going live this weekend, the people that are leaving to become Exile's will all leave the SSC clan and rejoin "eXiles" that Rah & Myself will create probably Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

SSX-NC will most likely goto the 4 slot International server and i'm guessing Rangers will too. Though afaik R2K maybe going to the German server..We'll have to wait and see..

Any other FA clans in NC2 will be more than welcome to Join the United Angels Alliance :thumb:

Edit: Also, not sure how we stand with the Synchronizerz atm, but having those guys as an allie in NC2 would be good imo, seen as how our factions will most likely be allied by then.. it'd make sense ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:11 pm

Cyma
All i can tell is that 14'k and DARk from pluto will probably all form a clan with NCAT. This gonna be soemthing lol :D
Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:34 pm

Blue Star
My plan is to post the following in the Faction forum in-game. I'd probably post this a day after character transfers are ready - It allows us to get all those who are waiting for them as well ;)
First of all to most people here - Welcome to the open beta :) Welcome back to the FA members from the NC1 servers, and to the new Angels we hope you'll enjoy being in the faction :)

Now for the real business. :D

On the Uranus server, the three largest clans of the Angels (SSC, Rangers, Reaktor2000) formed an alliance known as the "United Angels". This unity worked as our op fights didn't depend on what people a clan had but what the faction had altogether. It meant that we managed to carve a small piece of the map for ourselves and, most importantly, we were able to act like the faction we had hoped the FAs to be.

Here, we have the runners of the Pluto, Saturn and Uranus servers crammed onto one International server - While some of us may not like the circumstances, we can use them to our advantage and become the supreme faction of the game.

As the representative of SSX, the splinter clan of SSC (don't ask), we wish to put forward the idea of rebuilding the UA alliance with FA-Pluto & FA-Saturn clans as well as FA-Uranus :) We already know of the friendships between the Pluto clans - If we all acted on the same page, with the rest of our friends in the Dome we could bring this fight (and a hell of a punch) to the city of Neocron once again.

Note that we're not proposing any details ATM - This is purely to see how other FA runners would react to such an idea. If it's seen as a good idea, once we have a few clans up we can then sort out the little stuff in time for retail :)

They nuked our new home, they ran us out of Tech Haven - Let's get some payback >D

Have a free mind, form a free society!

Blue Star
Shattered Star Exiles
I would say "post any thoughts here", but they'll be said anyway :lol:
Last edited by Blue Star on Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:59 am

f33StNeu$
My thought: United we will stand and hold ground so if we can make the united angels pact work in NC2 it would be perfect for FA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:39 pm

Blue Star
I've talked to Morpheus, FCA for FA-Pluto - Predicts that FA-Pluto clans would be up for this.

I'm gonna be posting the proposal directly to FA-Pluto on their Tech Haven Network forums. I'll post more once I've got them.

In the meantime, I have no connects to FA-Saturn - Any ideas Rah? :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:00 pm

M.Steiner
Killer's clan on Pluto [TgR] would probably be part of the UA too maybe, haven't spoken to him about it tho. But he's cool with us on Uranus, and he was even part of SSC so that'll be another allie i think :)

Don't know any Saturn people...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:22 pm

QuantumDelta
I'll check my contacts for you.

Don't expect reults... but Sayians may turn out to be happy to join:
Oddly, like minded group to you guys.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:04 am

BlackDove
I think you should push this UA thing to the max. If I like NC2 enough, I'll join you in it.

Seems most of the tard's were caught off guard on this one, and it's their fault.

Alliances should be desireable and therefore cherished. Friendships preserved. Especially since Factions DO exist for a reason.

This is just about the best way to promote the story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:00 am

Futile Resistance
Sounds like a good idea. Who knows, if this UA thing succeeds in NC2, other factions might take up on the idea as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:27 am

Blue Star
Futile Resistance wrote:Sounds like a good idea. Who knows, if this UA thing succeeds in NC2, other factions might take up on the idea as well.
Hopefully the city ones won't - If it catches on in the Dome ones, it'll mean that we'd have a few strong forces and be able to dominate the field :evileye:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:38 pm

Blue Star
I've contacted Brammers, the FCC of FA-Pluto, about getting access to THN's secure channels. They've granted it us so I'm gonna give the proposal to them.

The reason I said "us" is because Bram has now created a usergroup purely for the reps from FA-Uranus. I've got control of who goes in there, so if any of our lead guys want to join the talks (most likely Rah & Dan :D) register on techhaven.org and let me know :)

If we still have contact with Ste Bedford & the guys at R2K, get them to contact me on the NC forums so they can join in - The last thing I want is for them to consider SSX the only voice of FA-Uranus :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:49 pm

SirRah
Well, first: im already registered on THN.org, as SirRah.

about rangers and r2k: rangers dunno if they want to play NC2. ste is playing SWG atm afaik. r2k are unsure if they go to the german or international server.

i'm up for the idea of bringing the UA to the pluto guys. i dunno much about the saturn FAs. i hope they wont be like the rest of saturn.

and as some mates told me, i seriously do hope the jupiter FAs stay where they are or go to the german server.

anyway, i think we will have more of a problem from other doy factions like BD or crahn, than the NC clans...
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother****** in the valley.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:30 pm

M.Steiner
SirRah wrote:rangers dunno if they want to play NC2. ste is playing SWG atm afaik
Just been talking to riccko and apparently rangers might be splitting before NC2 as quite a few of them (ste included) are off to play SWG..

@ Blue. I've just registered on THN too. Same name as here..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:17 am

Blue Star
Dan, visit THN again and you'll find some new forums ;)

Anyway, I posted & they read about the UA proposal. The quote of the topic has to be from Morpheous (FA-Pluto FCA)
Hell.
Yes.
It's a safe bet that Pluto is in, although DoY are yet to respond themselves. I'm gonna put my efforts into heading into Saturn and finding the FCC for the FAs to see what their response would likely be.

If anyone has any ideas on how to handle the Saturners, I'd love to hear it :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:04 am

M.Steiner
Cheers Blue :thumb:

I think the United Angels in NC2 is gonna be bloody great the way its looking so far. If we can manage to get all the major Angels clans as part of the UA we'll have a massive alliance. :D

Could this possibly be a PPU free future for MS?!! woohoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:16 pm

SirRah
Maester Seymour wrote:Could this possibly be a PPU free future for MS?!! woohoo
No.

:p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:21 pm

M.Steiner
SirRah wrote:
Maester Seymour wrote:Could this possibly be a PPU free future for MS?!! woohoo
No.
:p
:lol:

Hey guys, i seen this on NC forums btw:
i just logged on this morning mainly to get a few of my chars on my remaining accounts ready for NC2

however someone on trade said they were also now wiping weapons with ultimas in along with silent hunters with spirit mod.
KK wouldn't go that far, surely? :confused:. If they wipe ultimated weapons i'll have nothing left..... :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:01 pm

SirRah
Maester Seymour wrote: Hey guys, i seen this on NC forums btw:
i just logged on this morning mainly to get a few of my chars on my remaining accounts ready for NC2

however someone on trade said they were also now wiping weapons with ultimas in along with silent hunters with spirit mod.
KK wouldn't go that far, surely? :confused:. If they wipe ultimated weapons i'll have nothing left..... :(
he heard it on trade. guess that explains all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:41 pm

M.Steiner
True, but this is KK remember. I wouldn't put owt past em right now :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:19 pm

[TgR]KILLER
if they whipe all ultimated weapons they gonna whipe about 70% of all weapons.. and their playerbase :/

i think some bitter player thats losing his spirit or his spells made up the ultima thing and in nc things spread like wildfire :)
Recklezz Human Paladin, Professions: Herbalism / Alchemy / First Aid / Fishing / Cooking.
Up to date profile on Allakhazam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:20 pm

SirRah
[TgR]KILLER wrote:if they whipe all ultimated weapons they gonna whipe about 70% of all weapons.. and their playerbase :/

i think some bitter player thats losing his spirit or his spells made up the ultima thing and in nc things spread like wildfire :)
most likely.

Welcome Killer btw! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:13 pm

Futile Resistance
*gasp* Could this mean a PPU future for Futile?

Nah... :smack:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:15 pm

M.Steiner
Futile Resistance wrote:*gasp* Could this mean a PPU future for Futile?

Nah... :smack:
I feel your pain Fut, we'll never get away from it :lol:. Actually, being serious now. I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my PPU for NC2. I spent most of my NC1 life playing as a PPU, i fancy a change and not just a temp one.

Bout weapons. Wrathchild's weapons are almost ALL ultimated, if KK do their thing and wipe em he'll have no weapons left :( I'll already prolly loost a 5 slot spirit SH cos of em :shake:

-Welcome to our forums btw Killer :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:39 pm

Blue Star
It ain't about the cards you're dealt but how you play them.

Speaking of which, looks like FA-Saturn no longer has an FCC or FCAs to contact which screws communication up a bit :smack: I'm gonna try to hunt down our FC Tamara - If anyone knows any way to contact her, I'd love to hear it :)

Return to “Neocron”