NC2 or SWG for Christmas?

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

NC2 or SWG for Christmas?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:41 pm

Blue Star
Well, I have good & bad news. Good news is that starting hopefully next Friday afternoon/evening, I'll be back on a decent broadband connection for the next three weeks. Bad news, I'm not sure which MMOG I'll be with.

I've left three MMOGs with decent characters in the past 12 months - Obviously I left a (then) kick-ass researcher in NC, but then I also had a very popular Farstar Master Tailor in SWG when I left a month before even coming to NC & SSC back then.

Normally it wouldn't be a problem other than time, but due to paying a further cost as well it'll have to be one or the other for the Christmas break - If I choose NC, I'll have to pay to upgrade for NC2. If I choose SWG, I'm not going without Jump To Lightspeed (I've still got a few mil in THAT account which could go for a ship :)).

So the question lies - Would it be worthwhile me coming back to NC for three weeks and helping the clan again? If so, can ya convince me to ditch SWG for NC2?

I hate the budget of a uni student :smack:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:54 pm

Gryphon
In my experience SWG is just one big grind =/

In NC there's something interesting to be doing that isn't just sitting doing nowt but click a mouse button.

So I'm gonna say NC

/me hates uni budgets to. :smack:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:39 pm

M.Steiner
Well SWG sucks so i'll say NC too ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Under current circumstances I'd have to say SWG. Nothing against you Blue, on the contrary i'm trying to help you, my advice to anyone is stay as far away from NC2 as possible until theres another payment option. Some members here and many on the NC2 forums can testify the large problems they've had with the hell that is Click2Pay. If you've only got 3 weeks you don't want to be having C2P problems for half of that time.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:43 pm

BlackDove
NC2 is crap.

SWG is horrid......

Take NC2.....no take SWG.......NC2...........

I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:57 am

stebedford
Im playing both at the moment, i am enjoying NC2 so far, but ive only been back a few days. It does still fatal for me so no real change there. SWG on the other hand does not fatal, it is a lot of grinding but there is a lot of content if you take time to look jump to lightspeed is fun too but its a little slow paced. Your choice really

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:05 pm

Gryphon
That is one thing I will give to SWG that has kept me interested - There's a LOT of content and a LOT of things to do.

If they introduced PvP servers and had a mess about with the experience system - I would definitely say SWG - as it stands, it's good, but it's not AS good as it could be.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:43 pm

Blue Star
Hehe, well content is never a problem for me with SWG - I like my craft as it takes me all over the Farstar galaxy, and I'm affiliated with Aartan Ridge, the only truely neutral city on Farstar and also one of the most popular on the server :)

It's just the problem of good things vs bad ones - I may check each game's boards for problems - Despite their faults KK are definitely involved with the community, unlike SWG - I left because of double standards from one of their own CSRs :mad:

EDIT: It seems AR's practically paying for my plane ticket to come back :D I'm gonna check SWG's FarStar forum and decide - It might be easier if I go back to SWG this time, as IIRC it's easier to get back to work as a Master Tailor than it is to get back to the top of my game researching and start working within three weeks.

Then again, hopefully I may end up buying both after all :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:12 pm

Futile Resistance
DO WOW! You won't regret it! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:36 pm

M.Steiner
Futile Resistance wrote:DO WOW! You won't regret it! :D
He can't unless he has a US address to register an account and a US payment method to pay for the subscription. UK peeps gotta wait for UK release.. Otherwise that's where i would be right now... :(

Which i find kinda racist in a way, damn americans.. pfft
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:07 pm

[TgR]KILLER
wow euro beta ? i know <censored> of people that are in it ( at least posting on the dutch forum on clanbase.com )
Recklezz Human Paladin, Professions: Herbalism / Alchemy / First Aid / Fishing / Cooking.
Up to date profile on Allakhazam

Return to “Neocron”