Stand down

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Stand down

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Inquisitor
I would greatly appreciate folks NOT trying to correct the internal workings of the SSC.

I would like very much not to see any more comments regarding them needing 5 members for instance.

I know we have feelings, but it is frankly, none of our business how they choose to run the SSC, and we do NOT know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of exceptions, etc.

Thanks.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:35 pm

M.Steiner
I apologise for bringing stuff like that up in my post on the NC forums, i was wrong to do so.
I was basically just proving that he was wrong with his statement about Phrank being the founder of SSC Neocron when SSC had stated themselves that it wasn't a new division...
Myself and Biggie were perfectly civil with him and if he wishes to be an ass about it he can be, but i needed to say the rest of what i said...
Last edited by M.Steiner on Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:49 pm

Inquisitor
Just keep it where it belongs.

Public silliness doesn't help anyone.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:11 pm

M.Steiner
Inquisitor wrote:Public silliness doesn't help anyone.
Couldn't agree more.

I dunno if you can tell from reading my first couple of posts on there but thats exactly what i was trying to avoid. I even asked people on IRC last night if one of my posts sounded okay before i posted it simply because i was actually trying to be friendly towards him, the last thing i wanted was an argument.

-Just for the record, i have just apologised to Croatoan for what i said, i can understand that he prolly thought we were winding him up or summin.

Here's the message i sent:
Hi Croatoan,

I'd just like to apologise for some of the things I said this morning in the heat of the moment.
When I originally posted to state that our 2 clans were both separate and not the associated with each other I honestly meant nothing bad by it. Just to clear up any confusion that any new people may have had with thinking we were both part of the same clan but spread across two factions, with us both being called Shattered Star and all. And with it being a fresh start for you we didn't want any of our actions to interfere with yours and vice versa, just in case anyone did happen to mix both our clans up...
I can understand why you may have taken that the wrong way and thought I was trying to start an argument or something but my intentions were good and I meant no harm.

I also meant what I said about you NC guys not having to make amends with SSX in NC, yes there was falling out within the SSC a while ago which lead to a lot of us leaving, but that had nothing to do with you guys in Neocron. There was really no reason for us to be hostile towards each other.

Anyway thats all, just wanted to say sorry for some of the things I said.

Regards,
SSX-MS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:23 pm

BlackDove
Urrrrrrr, yea, all the inner workings of the SSC notwithstanding, I don't really think it's our fault that Croatoan attempted (either intentionally or non-intentionally - I don't give a crap) to provide miss-information concerning the SSC in Neocron.

I wish we could all just "not care" about stuff like that, but the fact remains that for the past three years, WE were the SSC in Neocron, and not stating that there's been sufficient change with the times, considering the general situation, is downright insulting (since it affiliates us with them).

Hence the whole need why we need to always put our own little disclaimers how "SSX is in no way affiliated with the SSC, blah blah blah". They should really be the ones to do that, since we were there first. After all, they're not trying to scam off our own reputation, right?

As far as the personal apologies go, well that's your own thing MS - but personally I don't think you should tolerate any kind of attitude from anyone, be it SSC or whoever-the-hell-else.

Considering the fact that I do have eyes, and while it may be our mistake to bring up the whole "5 members thing" and the "Commander" stuff (even though it's a fact, that's none of our buisness anymore, unless you want to insult them, which we really shouldn't be doing, and that was our mistake) - the rest of the hijacking of that thread was brought on by Croatoan himself, because he didn't do what he was supposed to do, and that was know what he was talking about.

Ignorance coupled with attitude - if it was me? Him and his entire clan would be on my KOS list five minutes (it would take 4.5 minutes to upload the data on the website) after I read the stuff which he refered to you guys. It wouldn't be any different than what we do with everyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Inquisitor
We left BD.

Let it go.

It's not worth the rise in blood pressure it causes.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:18 pm

M.Steiner
[edit]

Okay shortened my post down to plain and simple. :p

Lets forget they are even SSC, they are just any other regular clan in NC.
If they wanna speak to us like we are their enemy, then fine, lets be their enemy like we would with any other clan. This is all about the game now, nothing else. If we start fighting each other ingame thats cool, thats what the game is all about. If we did start fighting each other it would have NOTHING to do with what may have happened in the past.

I sent the apology because i believe he may have got the wrong end of the stick when he spoke to us the way he did, if he replys and it turns out he didn't and he was being an ass, then we can fight them like we would any other clan same with if he doesn't even bother to respond.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:27 pm

Thunderbird
Didn't he respond with a changed tone to the thread awhile ago?

And JFTR, the SSC definition of founder is the person (or poor sap) who takes care of the website and all that jazz. Not the person who originally started the division. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:56 pm

M.Steiner
His last post was rather short so i wasn't sure exactly what to make of it, meaning whether he still saw us as his enemy or not. If he's okay with us now then thats cool. Would much prefer it that way than letting anything that happened in the past turn us against each other ingame. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Titan
Good afternoon fellas,

Just for the record, I'm not sure who "Spermy" is on the Neocron forums, but I'd personally appreciate it if comments like these:

"@SSC "commander" - and I use the term VERY loosely ( whatever happenned to equality? Oh, never mind, I guess I should speak to Titan and Ender for that eh? )"

would get left behind.. Differences asside I'd rather not have my name become subject of public argument.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and secondly, I'm sure you fellas all know how the SSC works, and that equality among our members is paramount, and while the word "commander" is probably not the best representative term, Croatoan is heading up the division at the moment, so be it "Administrator", "Contact", "Founder" whatever you want to call it, he is in a position of management. I'm sure you know that equality does not inherintly mean uniformity. However his word choice could have been better.

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:26 pm

QuantumDelta
I think the second paragraph is exactly what I explained to him ^^;
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 am

Inquisitor
And I would prefer you not post here, Titan.

You are not welcome. If you feel your name is being drug somewhere it shouldn't be, find out privately what is going on from someone willing to talk to you. And then deal with them directly.

I have been very good about not posting on the SSC forums, I would appreciate you keeping your virtual distance.

Furthermore, this post has served it's purpose, and I believe our members will indeed "Stand down" as requested. The SSC is "just another clan" as far as they are concerned, and that should keep things more or less sane.

So I am closing this, more or less because I can.

Have a nice day.

-edited for for closure-
No signature

Return to “Neocron”