Age of Conan

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:13 am

undrin
Who needs in game voice chat? We still have VENT remember? LOL I can get you in! I even made a channel!
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:17 am

Stracius
Faernath wrote:Maybe one forum section, for all the servers/groups we have in-game? Hopefully that would help us get our act together!
:)
lol, that could be confusing! How many servers are we up to now for this game? :P
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:48 am

Padishar
Faernath wrote: Did I miss something? Do the servernames affect gameplay somehow? ;)

According to the Conan Wiki,
Thog is a terrifying demon, stalking the dreaming corridors of Xuthal in the form of a great shadow, consuming those who stumble across his path. It is described by Thalis as the God of Xuthal, who has been in the city ever since its founding. It is uncertain whether Thog or Xuthal came first, but whichever, the creature has always stalked the corridors of Xuthal in search of prey. The people of Xuthal fear Thog, but accept their fate as necessary sacrifices. It is largely Thogs fault that their numbers have falled from thousands to mere hundreds.

Thog is also a lustful creature despite its otherworldy and repulsive appearance, trying to rape Natala rather than simply eat her, which seems to be more typical of Thogs modus operandi.

Sounds pretty bad-ass to me.
I was mostly jesting as the name sounded funny to me and have made 3 chars on Thog now. :cool:
Also, with that description you are totally right, it sounds pretty bad ass!
Now I just have to find a way to explain that WHOLE thing each time I explain why we are on Thog to my pvp buddies, instead of say... a self explanatory kickarse server name... teehee ;D
As far as formin a guild goes on Thog, do we have anyone close to 20 who can?
I personally can't just yet as I don't have a single lvl 20 yet.
I can't stop makin new chars ><

::Character List Update::

Thog:
DoomChylde - lvl 14 Necromancer
Soulbiter - lvl 17 DarkTemplar
Padishar - lvl 5 BearShaman

Doomsayer:
PadKhan - lvl 17 Guardian
Shinta - lvl 14 Assassin
Padishar - lvl 9 Barbarian

Listed them not by lvl but by how often I play them atm, as I am playing Doomchylde and Padkhan the most right now. Although Padkhan is semi-stuck and has had a petition (a GM ticket) in for 3 days now. The GM's are SLOW at fixing problems and are probably completely overburdened right now (maybe they didn't anticipate this many problems).

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 am

El Oso
Padishar wrote:I was mostly jesting as the name sounded funny to me and have made 3 chars on Thog now. :cool:

As far as formin a guild goes on Thog, do we have anyone close to 20 who can?
I personally can't just yet as I don't have a single lvl 20 yet.
I can't stop makin new chars ><
I was COMPLETELY jesting, for the record :)
I don't know who chose Thog but I'll sleep sound knowing that it's an evil rapist demon lizard-thing...

I can't stop creating new chars either, the creation process is *almost* as much fun as the one in oblivion... Unfortunately those first 20 levels are always the same content!

I have 1 char over 20 now but haven't done much other than level, I'll look into it! :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:29 pm

M.Steiner
Give me a shout if you guys decide you want a group website once you've got things sorted btw. :thumb:
I prepared one weeks ago in advance just incase, if you'd rather not have one though that's fine. Either way it's using the same layout as the site i did for TR, i've just customized it. It's a small site like the TR site which could provide space for any group news, an introduction to us and a gallery.

My PC's gonna struggle with Conan so i'm going to have to wait a while before i can join you guys. A 360 is first on my want list so i might get AoC for that whenever it's released, if i've got one by then heh. :)
Last edited by M.Steiner on Sat May 31, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:48 pm

undrin
I have just created a new toon called Ameilar also.

So I have

Auravil M Dark Templar
Ameilar F Necromancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:39 pm

Scorpius
As Ryoko said theres a few of us on Wildsoul.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:35 pm

El Oso
undrin wrote:Who needs in game voice chat? We still have VENT remember? LOL I can get you in! I even made a channel!
Sweet!

TY!

I took down the lotro vent server, hopefully will have it up again soon but need to rebuild my dc first :)
SSX-MS wrote:Give me a shout if you guys decide you want a group website once you've got things sorted btw.
That looks AWESOME

Scorpius wrote:As Ryoko said theres a few of us on Wildsoul.
It looks like we're currently represented on 3 servers:
I used forum names instead of toon names

Doomsayer (pvp)
Padishar
Undrin
JonisRahl
ScarletRahl
Trixster
Magdelena
RagingBerzerker
& Friends ^^

Thog (pve)
Dwar
Faernath
Orinol
Padishar
Sidewinder
Undrin
JonisRahl +1
ScarletRahl & Kids :nervous:

Wildsoul (pvp)
Base
Scorpious
& friends :)

*Updated Your List (06/02)* - Pad

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:16 pm

Syro
I may be in AoC sooner than later!!! You guys are getting me hyped. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:46 am

Padishar
Its definately alot of fun :cool:

On that same note,
Undrin, JonisRahl, and I
Should try and help RagingBerzerker get AoC as well :sweat:

PS. Undrin, you know you could have gotten a whole case of liquor for the extra money you paid for that overpriced video card right? And would have only had to wait ONE extra day to get it, hehe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Magdalena
For anyone getting on doomsayer, we have the guild up and running there and can get you in with the rest of us. I'm mostly on my 35 priest, Ahnyanka, but have a couple other toons as well, Kamaria and Kilala.

Trying to get to 40 asap so we can at least reserve a city spot. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So far I've got a yes to a forum from Faernath and a tentative no from Strac. Not exactly clear ;)

Anyone else want to offer an opinion? If you'll use it, I'm happy to create the forum...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Stracius
Eh, there's more than enough people playing it. I'm just concerned about being spread out across so many servers.

Then again, I do keep coming across some scathing reviews and hints of buyer's remorse with this game. How's everyone faring in their experience thus far?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Stracius wrote:Eh, there's more than enough people playing it. I'm just concerned about being spread out across so many servers.
Yep, thats my concern really. Mainly why I haven't created one already :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 pm

El Oso
Stracius wrote:Then again, I do keep coming across some scathing reviews and hints of buyer's remorse with this game. How's everyone faring in their experience thus far?
The game is a lot of fun.
I don't find the graphics to be as appealing as Lotro (I'm playing it on max settings too) but gameplay-wise, it's very solo-oriented which I love; once you're lvl20+ there are a good number of areas to spread your questing around in. I hands-down love the combat system. It's much more interactive. I like the rough-and-tumble feel of the game and systems/dynamics that I initially found to be clunky actually fit well in the context of the game.

It could be my love for all things Tolkien & unfamiliarity with Conan lore, but for some reason it hasn't drawn me in the way Lotro did- it's less of a grind but somehow still not quite as engaging. I'm not *addicted*. In all fairness, a big part of that might be the lack of a guild- perhaps my experience will change when running with a group... It could also be that Lotro was my first MMO & the experience was totally new to me, so now a bit more familiarity with the genre changes the experience with a new game.

My only major issue with the game is the intro. The first 20 levels are spent in 1 area. I had a lot of fun leveling alts in Lotro & starting in different zones for different races, it kept the game fresh. Leveling through the first part of the game is my favorite part of Lotro, I love the low levels & I wish I could say the same for Conan.

I don't regret buying or preordering & I have a high opinion of the game overall. I intend to get at least my conqueror up to the cap if not one or more alts as well... It just doesn't have the same degree of... pull.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Magdalena
I understand the split between pve and pvp servers, especially for those that have only done the first 20-25 levels in the starting area since that's where most of the gankfest happens on a pvp server. Once you get past that, you'll get killed by a higher level every now and then but I've personally seen a lot more higher levels protecting the lowbies than ganking (they can't come back to protect in the lowbie pvp areas unless they're under level 24 as I found when trying to help some guildies having issues in that area.)

Not sure though how the pvp groups got split, I didn't even check the forums but got on vent and asked where we were. I know... lazy but I hate the reading and typing stuff... even when people try to type to me in game I usually tease relentlessly until they get on vent.

One of the things at least a few of us on doomsayer I know are looking forward to is the pvp aspect and city sieges, so we've made a multitude of alts, got our city plot reserved, and Trix and I are at 39 going on 40 where we'll be able to start collecting to build the city structures.

The pvp in this game is quite different in that being a higher level isn't a surefire win by any means... had one of the rare gankers yesterday while Trix and I were level 37, the level 50 attacked expecting an easy win but with teamwork was beaten every single time after the initial surprise attack.

I currently have a few toons sitting at the lower levels as well to help those wishing to start up on the server, but do understand those that would rather be on a pve server, though it looks like a good number of those have rolled up on the pvp server as well from looking at the list.

Of course I'd like to see everybody together, but even in WoW we had people go to other servers for rl friends or other reasons. It's unfortunate but a split that's bound to happen in any big group especially since WoW introduced so many previously not into gaming to the mmo world.

So, we're there for those that would like to group up and won't get our feelings hurt for those that would rather go to a different server for whatever reason.

The overall maturity level in this game seems to be a lot higher, which has stemmed my enjoyment of the game much higher than WoW at this time. I still generally turn off the general chat as that's where the kiddos that are there seem to show up the most in every game.

One great example is the lvl 50 that attacked us... he kept on us rather than the solo players because we put up a good fight and upon needing to leave complimented the fight we put up.

There's also a large world of soloable leveling and questing areas, but boosts to leveling time when working as a group, so each person can enjoy the aspect that appeals to them the most.

My only real complaint is once again being separated from the EU side as both groups have people with different preferences in how to play, but it would be nice to join those that enjoy the same aspects together under one roof so to speak.

Even in simpler games like Tribes people had different aspects they preferred though, I hated arena for example and loved ctf, while many of my friends were hard-core arena ladder people.

My suggestion for those that want to play but are figuring out where they want to go and waiting on everyone to get on the same page, don't.... go with which aspect sounds more fun to you. You can create a toon on all 3 if you'd like... see what suits you best and go with it.

I may create alts someday on the other servers, but personally my focus is going to be on building something where I am first. I want the epic sieges, the end-game raids, etc. I hate the leveling grind so am aiming to get through it as quickly as possible. Some even on the same server here in the group have no interest in that, but there are at least a few of us aiming for that goal, and we'd most likely get way too bored on a pve server with fewer choices in how to spend your time. As players, you each know what you like and what you don't, go with what you like and there will be far fewer disappointments.

Sorry for the novel - would've likely been much shorter over vent but you made me type so it's fair payback. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Padishar
Good point Mag,
will focus more on strengthening our presence on the one server first before working on alts.
We do have 11+ people (more if you consider peoples' kids with accounts) so far on Doomsayer, so it would be really nice to have a forum.
Not 100% sure how to make it less confusing between the 3 different servers tho :smack:
Faernath wrote: It looks like we're currently represented on 3 servers:

=US=Doomsayer (pvp)
Padishar
Undrin
JonisRahl +1
ScarletRahl +1
Trixster
Magdelena
RagingBerzerker
Kikki
+3 New Recruits

=US=Thog (pve)
Dwar
Faernath
Orinol
Sidewinder

=EU=Wildsoul (pvp)
Base
Scorpious

*Updated Your List (06/13)* - Pad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 pm

El Oso
Padishar wrote:Not 100% sure how to make it less confusing between the 3 different servers tho :smack:
Just an update to the splintered roster :)

We're currently represented on 3 servers:

=US=Doomsayer (pvp)
Padishar
Undrin
JonisRahl +1
ScarletRahl +1
Trixster
Magdelena
RagingBerzerker
Kikki
+5 New Recruits

=US=Thog (pve)
Dwar
Faernath
Orinol
Sidewinder
Slyng
Eisendor

=EU=Wildsoul (pvp)
Base
Scorpious

*Revision 06/13b* :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:50 pm

Magdalena
Ok, guess I didn't read all the way... didn't realise the other pvp was an EU server... makes the division make a lot more sense. So it's just which country you're in and whether you prefer pvp or pve... so not really so divided when you look at it that way. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Padishar
We have our village now on Doomsayer :cool:
Now we just have to build up the resources to get the buildings on it built :sweat:

Also since we have 23+ people playing this now could we plz have a forum?
I would rather us try and work something out between the servers (like post =US PVP=, =EU PVP=, or =US PVE= for server specific threads) then have no forum at all.
Last edited by Padishar on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Padishar wrote:Also since we have 23+ people playing this now could we plz have a forum?
Ok, that's kinda what I was waiting for ;)

I will create you guys a forum now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Padishar
Thx Anny :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Forum is up, as you can see, and I've dropped a couple of stickies at the top to get things started. I've also added a link to the main page to this forum (and modified my newspost to link to the forum rather than this thread).

For now, see how it works out with all servers using this forum. I'll keep my eye on things, and if it becomes too confusing or awkward I will split the forum into three to cater for all servers - but I would rather try it this way first unless that's a major issue.

It also might be an idea for someone who is playing the game to write a semi-descriptive sentence about it for the forum description, I couldn't really think of one beyond the statement of what servers we play on ;) But that is, naturally, optional.

Edit - MS, if you want to get your website up onto the servers for the group at some point yell at me on IRC and I will sort the webspace out. For now I've directly linked the main page to this forum instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Edit - MS, if you want to get your website up onto the servers for the group at some point yell at me on IRC and I will sort the webspace out. For now I've directly linked the main page to this forum instead.
Okie dokie mate. If the group directory can be named "aoc" there shouldn't be much code i need to edit before i get started with the uploading i don't think. Anyway i shall give you a poke on irc later today. :)
I've just set the news stuff up for the site as well so that should be ready to go too. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm

undrin
Thanks guys for all your help.

Side note:

Can't wait to get the village built up. Hopefully next week I will have more time to play and get my toon up to 40.

Return to “Age of Conan”