Age of Conan

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:56 am

El Oso
I chimed in on the other AoC thread, but I'll say it here too just in case :)

I'll be on one of the US servers & so will some other SSX-Lotro peeps...

I preordered but haven't bought into the early access- I *am* looking forward to getting in game, but I don't want to start & end up being on a different server than other SSX members!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:35 pm

base
a small group of friends have early access so we'll be rolling on the wildsoul pvp server tomorrow :D
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Syro
I am at least 1 month (maybe 2-3 months) away from playing AoC, so I will drop my toons on whatever server SSX peeps land.

We have several folks from LOTRO who have been MIA from SSX but will be / are already playing AoC. I will reconnect with them this weekend to start coordinating server details, etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Syro
Looks like LOTRO SSX peeps have started on the Thog server.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:05 pm

El Oso
Syro wrote:Looks like LOTRO SSX peeps have started on the Thog server.
Cool, Orinol & I will be playing on Thog as well

It's a U.S. PvE server :thumb:

I won't be in for another few days at least, plan to play with the same frequency I've been in LOTRO. Ie a few hours a day minimum :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:36 am

Kon
So I guess AoC lived up to the hype? Or at least came close? That is really great to hear. The major issue for most people seems to be the fact that the major towns and populated areas split off into different instances every 400 players. This really isn't an issue for me, though, as it only cuts down on lag, and it's not like you talk to all 400 people in town, anyway.

I'll still have to put this on hold until I either get a PC, or read some reviews of the Xbox port. Whichever comes along first.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:00 am

Ardith
I'll also more than likely be getting this game to play in my spare time. After a new power supply and video card of course!

Looks like I'll be playing on Thog too if that's where the US SSX are heading :D

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:01 am

sidewinder
Cool ill be on thog as well

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 am

sidewinder
If anyone from lotro is playing my name is Inca Just add me to friends list.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:53 pm

El Oso
I'm in game on Thog, look for my conqueror Oxtus and barbarian Okto.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Padishar
Just uninstalled the technical/closed beta and installed the game client.
Will make my chars on Thog as well.

The closed beta is still going strong.
They are currently treating those with technical/closed beta access the same as in house internal QA testers, to help with the first weeks launch.

I didn't even bother installing the purchased game client until today, because I was already playing a 'newer' version of AOC then those who actually prepurchased it. hehe.

Well that and I have a few chars with some decent lvl's on the beta server still ^^

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Padishar
Ok just got the game installed and was looking at the server names and um....

Why Thog might I ask?
There are a slew of kewl named servers....
from Set, Dagoth, Wiccana to Cimmeria, Doomsayer and Bane.

And someone chooses Thog?

That and Shadowblade, Deathwisper, Scourge, Bloodspire.....
Anyone?
You know those server names kick waaaay more @$$ then 'thog'

I am going to make a char or 2 on Thog if that is where everyone is,
but will also most likely play on a PVP server as well.
Since the game was built from the ground up as a pvp mmo.

;D

*edit*
Couple of us are playing on DoomSayer (PVP) if anyone is interested.
Was going to goto Tyranny, but the serv wouldn't let you make a char due to 'high load'.
No worries Doomsayer sounds kewl :cool:

"Dooms Children"

Char names so far"
Thog (pve)
Padishar - Bear Shaman
Soulbiter - Dark Templar

Doomsayer (pvp)
Padishar - Barbarian
Shinta - Assasin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:25 pm

SSX-Andy
Just starting on Wildsoul, EU-PvP.

Too early to get an impression yet, still trying to decide how my lil' gal shall look.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:33 pm

undrin
I will be joining you on Thog either today or tomorrow morning.

Auravil - Dark Templar
Last edited by undrin on Tue May 27, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:11 pm

El Oso
Padishar wrote:And someone chooses Thog?

I am going to make a char or 2 on Thog if that is where everyone is,
but will also most likely play on a PVP server as well.
Since the game was built from the ground up as a pvp mmo.
Did I miss something? Do the servernames affect gameplay somehow? ;)

According to the Conan Wiki,
Thog is a terrifying demon, stalking the dreaming corridors of Xuthal in the form of a great shadow, consuming those who stumble across his path. It is described by Thalis as the God of Xuthal, who has been in the city ever since its founding. It is uncertain whether Thog or Xuthal came first, but whichever, the creature has always stalked the corridors of Xuthal in search of prey. The people of Xuthal fear Thog, but accept their fate as necessary sacrifices. It is largely Thogs fault that their numbers have falled from thousands to mere hundreds.

Thog is also a lustful creature despite its otherworldy and repulsive appearance, trying to rape Natala rather than simply eat her, which seems to be more typical of Thogs modus operandi.

Sounds pretty bad-ass to me.

Having only played LOTRO before this, I'm not sure what differentiates a PVP server from a PVE server WITH PVP. I'm told that drunken brawling is broken right now, and PVP content isn't available until lvl40 but will be available on my PVE server- what's the difference between the types of servers?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 pm

dwar
On the pvp server you can attack anyone anytime/anywhere or be attacked. On the pve server you can pvp in certain instances/areas.

I have 2 char's on thog at the moment. Bowz (guardian) / Rawd (assassin)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:28 pm

El Oso
dwar wrote:On the pvp server you can attack anyone anytime/anywhere or be attacked. On the pve server you can pvp in certain instances/areas.

Wow, and it doesn't devolve into gank squads waiting outside city gates just to grief people? You pretty much have to guild up on a PVP server for safety in numbers? Thanks for the answer!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Faernath wrote:
dwar wrote:On the pvp server you can attack anyone anytime/anywhere or be attacked. On the pve server you can pvp in certain instances/areas.

Wow, and it doesn't devolve into gank squads waiting outside city gates just to grief people? You pretty much have to guild up on a PVP server for safety in numbers? Thanks for the answer!
Depends, in WoW you had zone classing. Alliance zones, Horde zones, and Contested zones. In your own side's zones you were flagged as Non-PVP, and so could only be attacked should you choose to take that flag down. But in Contested zones it was a free for all, and pretty much did turn into griefing and repeated ganking in certain hotspots.

Developers do tend to put some measures in place to stop spawn killing, ganking anywhere and everywhere, etc. But you are right that in the end on a PVP server it's something to expect to happen to you at least a few times. Having said that though, PVP servers do have their advantages. It just depends on how you like to play the game.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:39 pm

base
I'm on a pvp server currently level 63, and I've only been killed 8 times ;)

if any of you do decided to play on wildsoul and are looking for a guild, whisper my character ishkur, i'd be happy to give you a home, but good luck on your selected servers it's a fantastic game so far.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:01 pm

undrin
So is there a guild set up yet on this server for us? If so an invite would be nice, that is if at lvl 14 you can join one :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:45 am

El Oso
Anubis wrote:Depends, in WoW you had zone classing. Alliance zones, Horde zones, and Contested zones. In your own side's zones you were flagged as Non-PVP, and so could only be attacked should you choose to take that flag down. But in Contested zones it was a free for all, and pretty much did turn into griefing and repeated ganking in certain hotspots.

Developers do tend to put some measures in place to stop spawn killing, ganking anywhere and everywhere, etc. But you are right that in the end on a PVP server it's something to expect to happen to you at least a few times. Having said that though, PVP servers do have their advantages. It just depends on how you like to play the game.
Ahhh ok. I think PVE is much more my speed :D
As it is I hate going to pick up my tombstones!
Thanks!

undrin wrote:So is there a guild set up yet on this server for us? If so an invite would be nice, that is if at lvl 14 you can join one :thumb:
On Thog, not that I know of. There are folks higher up than myself who've been in the game a little longer, they might have the resources/knowledge to start one!

I'm not sure about level restrictions. lvl20 is some kind of guild landmark, but I'm not sure if that's to start one or join one.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:48 am

Ash
Lvl 20 is the limit to start a guild.
You can join one at any level, although IIRC
you need to have completed the initial tutorial session.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 pm

undrin
Well I have competed that and am at lvl 16. BUt it seems more people are playing the PvP server so I am not sure what is happening in the PvE server. If anyone starts one please let me know I am not sure I want to deal with PvP again after being on a PvP serve on WoW for the last 3 years.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
We seem to have a fair few people playing this, but I'm not entirely sure we have a guild up and running yet on any server from reading the thread.

Do people want a forum creating, provided we get a headcount, for a general information dump/debate or discussion area in relation to the game as a whole (since this seems rather different to our usual approach of having one guild on one server)? Would it be used if one was created?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:25 pm

El Oso
Anubis wrote:Do people want a forum creating, provided we get a headcount, for a general information dump/debate or discussion area in relation to the game as a whole (since this seems rather different to our usual approach of having one guild on one server)? Would it be used if one was created?
So far things are very unorganized.
I have hooked up with Orinol, Sidewinder and Dwar in-game but never at the same time, and haven't seen anyone else on Thog. In-game friend lists are clunky (but getting better with updates) and there's no built-in voice chat.

Maybe one forum section, for all the servers/groups we have in-game? Hopefully that would help us get our act together!
:)

Return to “Age of Conan”