Leveling Codes that have worked well in a PvP world

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Leveling Codes that have worked well in a PvP world

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Magdalena
These are codes that have worked well for us most of the time while leveling in a pvp world.

Solo Questing/Grinding:
  • If you see a group grinding, keep clear of the groups they're grinding, if you're just needing a few to finish a quest tell them so and a lot will leave you alone as long as you're not there too long.

If you've got a group out ganking, rally together with those around you being killed, invite each and every one of them into group and team up on the gankers/griefers. Form a raid if you have to. If your group just fights back and avoids smack talk, the gankers/griefers will usually go away after a bit of this.

If you see a lowbie being ganked/camped, invite them to group and kill the attacker. It's just good karma... spread it around.

Group Questing/ Grinding:
  • If a solo player comes into the grind/quest area, try to find out if they're just finishing a quest... if not, ask them to leave before killing them. Don't camp the graveyard unless they're just being a total jerk, and they'll usually leave.

If you come across another full group, try talking reasonably first (even if while in the middle of fighting them), see if a mutually benificial arrangement can be met before wasting both group's time that could be better spent grinding. Never start from the beginning by camping them at the graveyard, this will only make them more determined to grief you.

If in a partial group and find another partial group, try teaming up with them first. Even if you have to form a raid, it will still be better exp than spending the next bit in a pvp battle.

If the area is overcrowded when you get there, get your group to change instances wherever possible.

Of course these don't always work, but they are the most effective ways we've found to keep doing what we went somewhere to do. I'm sure others have things that have helped them as well. If all else fails see if any guildies have a few mins to help out. This may not always be possible depending on what the rest of us are doing, but most of us will help where we can.

good thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Andrimner
good thread... :D
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Padishar
The way the devs have the quests set up, it tends to force encounters with other people.
Sooo... Just about anytime I see someone hanging in the same area I am (around my lvl) I assume they are questing there as well and I invite them to group.
The majority of the time they do group up and not only does it save alot of time questing, you tend to get RPK'd less.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:04 pm

undrin
Yeah I like these good post Mag
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

Return to “Age of Conan”