Hey guys

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Hey guys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Rlyan
Hey guys,

Ive been speaking with Steph a little bit over the past few weeks and shes been saying how a lot of SSX from WoW had moved over to AoC.

I left WoW back in February. At some point I lost track of what I did enjoy about World of Warcraft. Looking back at these past six months away from the game, Ive been able to reflect on what it was that I loved about the game. I realized what it was I missed about it. It wasnt the PVP dynamics, the all-night-long raid groups, or the super cool flying mounts. I miss the people. I miss my friends and family.

I remember the UBRS drinking nights, the weekly guild meetings, being the lottery man, and the prospects of an unrealized naked level 1 race to Black Rock Spire!

I know some felt betrayed when I decided to leave SSX for another guild. I cant blame them for that. We had been friends from the beginning, and me leaving could throw that in jeopardy. Still, I was able to maintain friendships with almost everyone. Wed still hang out in vent together, and continued to group a few times a week. The only thing that had changed was a guild tag. A guild tag is just a guild tag I had thought. Friendships can easily transcend guild boundaries. Well, they can and they cant.

What I failed to realize was that the things that made us friends, were the things we did together as a guild. Those were the things I wouldnt be able to enjoy with you as often as I had as a member of SSX. Those are the things I miss. Those are the important things. The goofing off, leveling with your best friends, and truly loving the people youre in a guild with. I gave all that up for people who whine and complain over loot, people who are in it for themselves, and for mandatory raids that were a pain to sit through. For a short time, those guilds turned me into one of those people who I now make fun of. I had become something I wasnt very happy with. I didnt last long in that new atmosphere. It eventually forced me to hate the game and to quit.

WoW was a good game to me. I wouldnt give up my experiences there without a fight. Its the experiences I had as a member of SSX that make me look at WoW kindly. Nothing else. Im a 23-year-old guy and I tear up thinking about how much I love you guys. I really do.

I was thinking about this a lot the past two weeks, and this past weekend I got in my car and started to drive. I ended up at Best Buys computer game section. I grabbed my Age of Conan box and a smile came on my face.

Ive been playing around with it for a few days. Its so damn confusing, and Im getting beat up left and right, but Im slowly progressing. I added the names of people I knew to my friends list, hoping to talk with them online to see how they felt about me playing with you guys again. I saw Liz online last night and we hung out for a little bit. Was so damn good to see her, even if she turned in the blue night elf hair for blonde.

I bought this game because I wanted to see my friends again. I want to return to the times where I felt like a part of family again. I told myself when I quit WoW I wouldnt do anymore online gaming. It was too time consuming, and there was too much drama involved. Thats not true with SSX. Its not who we are.

Im not ashamed to say that some of the best times of my college career were with you folks in an online game. Some of my friends who dont play call me crazy or a total geek when I say something like that. Its something they cant understand. They dont know what it feels like to be a Shattered Star eXile.

I know when people leave SSX for another guild they are told they are always welcome to continue to be a part of the community and join again if paths cross over other future games. But I also know that this matter is one of the heart for those who were members of SSX on WoW Mannoroth (US). I bought Age of Conan because I want to be with you guys again. You mean the world to me. Mel, Jack, Mark, Jerimie, Liz, and Will have all taught me so much. They havent taught me only gaming, but theyve taught me whats truly important, theyve taught me friendship, and they proved to me that SSX really is the place where friends are family.

Id like to know what you guys think. I look forward to hearing from you.

Love, Chris
Chris Clarke
ckclarke@vt.edu

Where would you be if it weren't for all the druids' help in World War III?!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm

suggz
Hey dude, suggz here. i didnt get to play WoW with you guys but i have been playing AoC with mel, jack on some other people who did and like you said above they are super awesome people. I cant speak for anyone other than myself but if your on doomslayer server add me to your list and i would be more then happy to help you out. I play a lvl 60 bear shaman by the same name so hope to hear from you
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 pm

undrin
Hey buddy! Godo to see you around again. I will see you in game again soon. I know you are gone this weekend but I will be there. heheSee ya next week!
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

Just joined

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Andrimner
I just joined SSX a couple of weeks ago, but if you are on the Doomsayer server and im logged on, u can always ask me for a helping hand...
The Official Beer Runner in Doomsayer

Return to “Age of Conan”