SSX Tech Matrix

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Re: SSX Tech Matrix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 am

Isileth
Honestly I think its fair to say for all the top nations money is a lot less important than it used to be, the limited flow of tech is looking to claim that #1 spot. So for the sake of $3mil it wont kill us, and at the end of the day will give an even bigger boost to the smaller nations.

The key point here though is to make sure people are actually getting involved and sending out aid to those who need it. We don't need another situation like in the last war where a lot of active nations didn't go to war and didn't send out aid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Wulfsmark
I am in with whatever.... I don't mind selling the full 100 tech either... I would actually prefer it.. :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Zephir
I think I might know where Ed is coming from and why he wants a full 100 tech for 3 mill. It's not because he doesn't want to help the smaller nations, but because he doesn't want his tech growth slowed down.

At his tech level 50 tech would cost him a little over 10 mill. So every tech deal at 50 for 3 mill is effectively costing 10 mill to provide a relatively small amount of aid (around 2 mill after the seller has purchased 50 tech).

It would be far more cost effective to just give the smaller nations 3 mill in aid + 3 mill for 100 Tech. In Ed's case he would get 100 tech for 6 mill instead of getting 50 tech for 3 mill and buying the other 50 tech for over 10 mill (100 tech for 13 mill).

So I propose a change to the tech deal matrix to include a one directional aid payment as well as a 100 tech for 3 mill, using an extra aid slot..

The basic template would look like this:

Cash Flow

Buyer A -- 3 Mill --> Seller1
Buyer A -- 3 Mill --> Seller4 (Aid only)
Buyer B -- 3 Mill --> Seller2
Buyer B -- 3 Mill --> Seller5 (Aid only)
Buyer C -- 3 Mill --> Seller3
Buyer C -- 3 Mill --> Seller6 (Aid only)

Buyer D -- 3 Mill --> Seller4
Buyer D -- 3 Mill --> Seller1 (Aid only)
Buyer E -- 3 Mill --> Seller5
Buyer E -- 3 Mill --> Seller2 (Aid only)
Buyer F -- 3 Mill --> Seller6
Buyer F -- 3 Mill --> Seller3 (Aid only)

Tech Flow

Buyer A <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 2
Buyer A <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 3
Buyer B <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 1
Buyer B <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 3
Buyer C <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 1
Buyer C <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 2

Buyer D <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 5
Buyer D <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 6
Buyer E <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 4
Buyer E <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 6
Buyer F <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 4
Buyer F <-- 100 Tech -- Seller 5

Of course the extra aid only slots could be reduced if we have fewer nations needing the extra aid.

How does that sound to everyone ?

Of course if it really is the case that Ed is just being a mean money grabbing tyrant then we should all declare war on him and ZI his butt ;D

Or alternatively just leave him out of the extra aid giving.

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Isileth
I still think just having the aid done on the side might work out best, people struggle as it is to get all tech deals done on time, no need to start adding in more complications to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 am

Zephir
Yeah,

What is with that, I've never been late with a tech deal. It's really not that hard.

Anyway, I don't think it matters if you do aid as I indicated or on a separate schedule, my main point is that the 50 tech for 3 mill is a very costly way of distributing aid to our smaller nations. A direct aid package of 3 million is far more cost effective.

Or was my main point Ed is a greedy money hungry despot who doesn't want to give aid and we should all ZI him.

I forget which.

Zeph
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:58 am

Isileth
Tbh im happy to send the aid separately and ZI Ed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:58 am

Inquisitor
yeah yeah yeah
No signature

Return to “Cyber Nations”