FreeSpace

Shivans, space crack and the SCP.

Moderator: Global Moderators

FreeSpace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:03 am

Wolfman
Hey guys, I've played FS2 online a couple times and it was fun, do you guys still play it online? Soon as I get my comp up and running I'll have to come find some of ya. :thumb:

Did they ever make FS3?? I know there was a big petition for it.
Wolfman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:20 am

Anubis
Site Admin
FS3 was never made, and a petition wouldn't really help since V don't hold the rights to make it. The rights remain with Interplay, who, as you may have heard, have gone bankrupt and crashed into nothingness. :(

Tis a shame, many would love a continuation of the storyline, however currently it doesn't look like that'll happen anytime soon.

However now we have the Source Code Project, which has put its efforts into vastly updating FS2 to be competetive with modern games, and imo it has succeeded spectacularly. There are also many custom campaigns which have been made that are stored at HLP (the home of the SCP) http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/ if you're after a plot driven single player campaign. You can find all the information you need about the Source Code Project on our group website http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/freespace/ or at HLP. Take a look at it, download it, play FS2 with it, you know you want to ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:01 am

Wolfman
Thanks for the info. :thumb:
Wolfman

Return to “FreeSpace”