Amazon Nation (AzN)

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Re: Amazon Nation (AzN)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 am

Kon
Congratulations on the great progress within the Amazon Nation! I'm sure as a leader, it's a great thing to see; so long as you remain on top. :thumb:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:27 am

Randalla
I couldn't be happier with the reception we received when we announced our big changes. We might not be taking off like wildfire, but we've sure picked up a small batch of good folks along the way. We just picked up one more who came back to the CN world after having gone inactive some time back. She's been a hoot to chat with during her admission process.

Also, a much needed, long awaited vacation is finally under way. I will be a little sparse this coming week, and not to worry, I will be posting pictures in an area that doesn't require registration to view. ;D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:56 am

Randalla
And sadly, vacation is now over. I have yet to upload pics, but I'll be working on that.

Man I've been such a lazy bum this past week. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:29 am

Randalla
So now that I'm over the flu and cold that nailed me one after the other, and Halloween decorating is over, I thought I'd drop off the most recent news and Halloween goodness--all the reason I haven't been able to do my embassy hopping lately. ;D

Short alliance news:

1 million strength passed,
Graduated from the Ragnablok and upgraded treaty with RoK to MDoAP,
Revived MDP with TSCE. We like brainssss.

And now for the Halloween stuff!

(Might want to google American McGee's Alice to understand this madness!)

First thing on the way to the office, I had to draw this on foam and cut it out, because I couldn't find any Alice stuff in the stores. Ugh. Also, the little caption is from the game. "Please don't dawdle, Alice, we're very late indeed." Appropriate for going into work, no?

Open that door, and here's the looooooooooong hallway leading to the office. I'm lucky our supervisor lets me decorate this area, since defendants are occasionally escored down this hall. I also hid an iPod with creeptastic music playing on it, so people could wonder where the noise was coming from all the way down the hall. Bwahahaha....

The Cheshire's grin--had to draw this one, too. Not even 4 hours up, and it fell victim to vandals, one of the deputies decided to turn my Cheshire into a toothless hick by scribbling out one of his teeth. And they give those people guns...

Check out a screenshot of the doorway portals in the game. I found fabric that looks somewhat portal-ish. Bwahaha...

Whoooo are youuuu? This is the Caterpillar's spot, complete with hooka, psychadelic fabric and colored strobe light. The 'shroom was an airbrush project of mine from several months ago. :D

This is what happens when you stand around OUR water cooler. Also, you can get the little figurines at toy stores, online or ebay.

Had to draw these, too. Damn foam soaks up marker ink like.. well...foam. Cause it's.. you know, foam. At least it was a lot easier to cut than the cardboard was. :o More on that in a minute...

Jabberwocky's perch:

The arches of the hedge maze--the "wrought iron" fence spikes were another 3am special. That means I was up till 3am cutting and painting these things by hand out of cardboard. I think I had carpal tunnel for a week.

Better shot of the Queen's hedge-maze effect. I scattered a regular deck of playing cards all through the maze's greneery, cause everyone was asking why I had Christmas stuff up for Halloween before they knew it was Alice in Wonderland.

Not even my cubicle was safe from my silliness. I was real popular at the Dollar Tree for a couple of days. Had to buy a good 30 Christmas garland wreaths to mangle for my Halloween project. ??? Thankfully, everything's a dollar there. Hence the name...

Clocks. Hanging, dangling clocks, all in varying degrees of twistedness. Printed those out from the computer (one normal and one mirrored so I could make them double-sided), cut 'em, stuck 'em onto the same foam for better support and "dangle" effect. ;D

And that's pretty much it, aside from a couple other little details. It was one of my most convoluted plots yet. ;D

Also, this doesn't show the two separate times I was sick during the course of this production. The flu the first time, head cold the second. Ehe...

Oh well, for the few days it was up, it was worth it. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 am

Jericho78
Wowwee! Do you hire out? LOL Awesome creativity!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Inquisitor
Neat stuff.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Stracius
Inquisitor wrote:Neat stuff.

Ever the understatement :p

Awesome stuff! Enchanting, even, but maybe that's just my imagination getting the best of me.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:18 am

Randalla
LOL Thanks guys! No hiring out, here, that was all me. Oh, my dad did help me with the long hallway when I stayed after work to try and finish it all up. It probably wouldn't have taken me two weeks to put up if I hadn't gotten sick twice while I was in the planning stages. It's also hard to squeeze in time to decorate on breaks and lunch, especially when we rarely get our breaks. :smack:

My two big holidays are Halloween and Mardi Gras. I try to leave Christmas to other co-workers, so I'm not hogging all the fun, even though I usually try to help with that, too. ;)

There are plenty more projects in the works!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 am

Kon
I feel the need to comment on this, although everything has already been said. This is a truly great display, and I can't even fathom how much work you put into both designing and building it! Fantastic job!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 am

Randalla
Thank you much!

One of my coworkers already started on Christmas. LOL And here I was, about to transition into Thanksgiving, first. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:13 am

Randalla
Just dropping by on an embassy hopping run that I've been needing to do for weeks now. ;)

On a personal note, I'm recovering well from lap band surgery. Three weeks later, I'm down 12 pounds and can now transition from "full liquid" diet to some real food. I'm pleased that there will be no more need for salted baby food more quickly than I first anticipated. LOL

And on an alliance note, Amazon Nation passed the year mark January 1st. I've been meaning to put up an announcement, but there have been some pending issues that I've been working on prior to making my announcement, so I can kill a few birds with one stone. :D Be afraid... be very afraid....

And speaking of allies, since I'm not much on slathering my opinions all over the OWF, I'd just like to privately say kudos for your handling of your own treaty issue. I find your stance and handling of it commendable.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 am

Miasma
Thanks.

We appreciate the kindness.

I look forward to the pending announcement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 am

Kon
Hello again, Randalla. Congratulations on one year of Amazon Nation, and good luck in your recovery!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 am

Randalla
Hey guys! I found you on one of those new FireFox personas. Neat! :D

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/All/Movers/72

I only had to browse to page 72 to find you. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:21 am

Stracius
Aye, it's a pretty good one too, or at least I'd like to think so since I've been using it ever since MS rolled it off the press. Just noticed the username on it, though - peculiar since that's also the name of the town I grew up in.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 am

Randalla
Say it ain't so, guys! :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:57 am

Jericho78
On behalf of SSX, it ain't so?? :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 am

Kon
Jericho is right. The SSX community remains strong and everlasting, even in CN. Sadly, though, the existence of the SSX as an actual CN alliance has come to an end. We were all pretty burned out on our present situation, and thought a change in scenery might liven things up. So far it seems fairly successful. A few of us have already gotten trade circles again, and the tech trade is moving forward again for the first time in a week or two.

Also on the bright side, this move will most likely mean you will see me return to the big boards after hiding away basically for the entire existence of the SSX alliance.

And I must sincerely thank you for being the one and only diplomat who actually seemed to return to our forums, and definitely cared about our existence. I am sorry to say that we never really made an earnest attempt to reach out to Amazon Nation, but believe me when I say that we all greatly enjoy your presence here, and at least to me, it meant a lot that you kept coming back when everyone else had but a passing interest. If we had included a thank you list in the merger announcement, you would have been one of two individuals mentioned (along with NWRoyale/Miasma, who has faded into the mist again).

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 am

Randalla
Aw, thanks guys! No shoutouts needed of course, I'm just sorry I didn't have a lot of extra time to bug you even more. ;) Despite having a lot on my plate, I'm a glutton for punishment and just keep piling it on even more. LOL Consequently, my presence is a little more sparse than I like for it to be, but I do always try to poke my head in as frequently as I'm able.

I'll be happy to continue visiting and posting pics of my office antics. My coworker and I have already started plotting the theme for this year's halloween decorations--I have help this year, so our office should be even MORE over the top than the Alice in Wonderland theme from last year. Can you just picture it?? :eek: I can hardly wait. :lol:

Return to “Cyber Nations Foreign Embassies”