Fantasy Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh that's just unfair. I was ahead of you all week until the Captaincy changed. The fact that one of Arsenal's games was snowed off hurt me too as I was banking on Vermaelen to pick up double points.

Still not a bad week for me even though I can't believe you beat me after the way things were going. Still not decided what my change for this next weekend will be - I have my next three planned out, but have not yet decided in what order to make them.

Hopefully weekend will be interesting at any rate :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 am

Whizbang
I did well this week, even with losing Assou-Ekotto to Cup of Nations and Hangeland to injury. I'm considering dropping Assou-Ekotto for another defender and dropping Barry for Modric in the midfield. His return seems to be quite good. The rest of my squad is doing surprisingly well and now that Liverpool are starting to shape back up a bit my points should start seeing a reasonable growth instead of a minor one.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:00 am

Isileth
I'm struggling transfer wise as my 2 injured players would result in a hit in cash if I want them back and I already cant really afford any players I want without dropping someone else.
Might leave it till match day or next week to do any. Certainly want to see how long they will be out for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I was thinking of doing the same until I realised my dropping Drogba meant I couldn't afford to get him back again, so I've planned a mini-restructure to compensate :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm

SL33PY
haven't really followed the league up during the holidays (btw happy ny everyone!)

Seems I did okay'ish none the less

I'll be looking forward to this weeks results

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Actually, it looks like this week's results may not be so interesting after all. The fixture list has started collapsing.

Here's a list of the currently cancelled games - will keep this updated every so often throughout the day:

Burnley vs Stoke
Fulham vs Portsmouth
Sunderland vs Bolton
Liverpool vs Tottenham
Hull vs Chelsea

At this rate, we may end up without a Gameweek at all :blank:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Whizbang
Aye, I've been seeing that on guardian.co.uk sports page. I'm wondering how many more will see postponement before the end of the day.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:Aye, I've been seeing that on guardian.co.uk sports page. I'm wondering how many more will see postponement before the end of the day.
Personally, I would be surprised if more than one or two games go ahead.

It's ridiculous really though. Mostly the problems aren't the pitches, just the areas around the ground. Why can't they just play in front of empty stadiums? Problem would be solved, and it'd avoid the fixture chaos that will now dominate the end of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Whizbang
Unfortunately, the clubs have to think with their coffers, not the best interest of the club. Empty stadiums means no ticket revenue, no food sales, no money generated. I'd rather see us play in an empty stadium than not as well as I don't want us to lose what momentum we have. But I don't think we'll get to make that call.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Isileth
Wow, well all these cancelled games have certainly made it interesting.

As it is I can only field 7 players with the potential for even less. Really not sure if I want to drop anyone, because they will at some point get extra games.
Does anyone know when all the cancelled games roughly get scheduled for? I assume they wont be trying to fit them in while the bad weather is all about us. But they do have a backlog already with more to come it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Honestly, no idea. What with the Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and Carling Cup taking up midweek slots, and the World Cup meaning they can't extend the season, it's going to be very tough.

I would expect that there will be a few weeks where teams are playing 3 times in 7 days or more. The top clubs won't be happy, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

They probably won't even try to reschedule until after all the snow has cleared either. So it may be a week or two before we find out.

On the note of transfers, I did make one change this week which has proved very beneficial to me in light of these cancellations. I should be able to field 9 players with luck. Hopefully that'll be enough to manage a decent haul despite this mess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Whizbang
Hull, Fulham, Burnley, Sunderland, and Liverpool games have been cancelled. That should put a dent in some people's squads. Question is, how much longer till any more are called off?

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'd expect at least 2 more to go tomorrow morning. Maybe another one of the Sundays tomorrow evening.

Definately not seen the last one cancelled yet at any rate :blank:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Down to only two now. I went to update the list and realised it'd be quicker just to list those still on heh.

Birmingham vs Man Utd
Everton vs Arsenal

Only two that will go ahead. A low scoring week indeed :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Isileth
Man City v Blackburn is still showing as on for me. But I have no players in that so doesn't affect me.

Unless I get some bonus points I will have scored a grand total of 7 this week. Only had 3 players out!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ah, my apologies. Seems I missed off City vs Blackburn by mistake. Tis a good chance for me to pickup some recovery points if it goes ahead - but we'll have to see. More snow forecast before then.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Isileth
Well no bonus for me so a big fat 7 total.

Decided not to make any subs and tbh its shown to be a sensible move due to the fact most games got cancelled. Leaves me 2 for next week which should help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
9 so far here, plus whatever I pick up on Monday. Potentially a chance for me to make up some ground :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Whizbang
I saw all of 2 points so far. Unless I see one of my forwards moved out for Jerome to be moved in, I'm looking at a horrible week. The only benefit is that I'll see points in the rematches sometime down the line.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Isileth
Well he will definitely be swapped in so your looking to do the best out of us all unless Anny gets a good haul from tomorrows game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 am

SL33PY
3 points... :lol: one can only laugh about it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Don't you just love the sight of points in the evening? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:16 am

Isileth
Well that was an amazingly horrible week for me then. Just got to hope I can do well on the double game weeks. Problem is everyone else can cash in on those as well :(

Shame I was getting close to being 100 clear of Anny, now its suddenly got close again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Shame I was getting close to being 100 clear of Anny, now its suddenly got close again.
Well not all that close really. In fairness to you you do still have a commanding lead. Another week like this week though and I'd be back in it - just don't see that happening tbh being realistic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 am

Isileth
Well I think that was by far the best week we all had. Certainly smashed a few personal bests.

Could be more interesting this week due to the fact I have 4 injuries at the mo, might have to take some penalties to bring new blood in.

*bleh*

Just looked and realised its a lot worse Rooney, Faye, Zayatte and Sorensen aren't playing either.
Even if all my injured players are fit (Which Lennon wont be anyway) I wouldn't be able to field a full team.

Definitely got to take a penalty hit :(

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”