Fantasy Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Whizbang
Anubis wrote:Not heard anything since I read about his broken rib. Since there are still Internationals going on tonight, I'll be checking tomorrow to make sure I have all the right information.

I'll post here when I check up with whatever his status is if you like :)
Cheers mate. I don't normally many sports sites outside of my usual list: BBC Sports, Liverpoolfc.tv, anfield-online.co.uk, tribalfootball.com and a few blogs I follow via Twitter.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Isileth
hmm I should be ok to swap Persie out as the rest of my team is pretty much sorted in terms of major transfers, just jiggle them all around based on performance and upcoming matches etc. Could even potentially get away with just subbing him but I think no matter how much horse placenta he rubs in it will still be a while before hes back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
As an update, all I can find on Drogba are the same reports that he is out for three weeks with a broken rib. Some of those reports, however, state that he will miss the Arsenal game as a result - which is next week rather than this week. Make of that what you will.

I will more than likely leave Drogba in my team just incase, and swap out Torres instead. If Drogba doesn't play this weekend we'll have a better idea as to whether he'll be fit for next week, and I will make the call with regards to swapping or keeping then.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Whizbang
Unfortunately I have to make a call as Crouch is my other big name striker. Keogh is my backup and he sees virtually no time on the pitch. Off I go to find a replacement for Drogba.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:07 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I love you both David Dunn and Thomas Sorenson.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 am

Isileth
Certainly an interesting week for me.

Started off very badly but suddenly jumped with the 3 matches today. Sadly thats me all done but right now sitting in 1st with Anny not far behind having 2 more players going mid week. Should be interesting to see how it ends up.

But whatever it was equal to my highest haul so not so bad, certainly split the pack a bit again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I know myself and Isi have been talking about the striker injury crisis a lot for the last few days, so thought I would post a more positive update that has emerged over the pst day or so.

Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, Bent is not injured as feared. It is anticipated that he will play Saturday against Wigan, and the suspected hamstring injury looks to have been just cramp.

Secondly, FPL is listing Drogba as fit again. I would, however, be skeptical of this news. I have seen no reports out of Chelsea confirming this, and he was expected to be out for the Arsenal game last I saw. I will be keeping him in the team myself just incase, but if anyone uses him it's probably advisable to have a suitable substitute that will be able to fill the hole if necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
In three words, an abysmal weekend. Absolutely shocking, and I'm now paying for it in that it's allowed Isi to open up a lead on me at the top of the table.

There will be changes for next week, most likely Saha heading out. And I have to hope with all my might that David Dunn isn't badly injured and returns by next weekend.

Will be waiting until the Carling Cup games are out of the way before changing anything though, just incase. But next week's performance for me needs to be above the norm, else that title may just start slipping away :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 am

Isileth
Well I could have had a really really good week but infact it turned out that only Rooney saved me from a bad one. However a lead is still a lead and I feel I might need it because ive realised how vunerable my team could be to injuries. Points are very tight meaning its hard just to make one change, have to drop a few to get a replacement.

Hopefully though I can avoid anymore Persies and stay solid though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:29 am

Isileth
Damn. I hold off my transfers till the day before the week closes but unfortunately the prices have shot up on my targets :(
That alone throws off my points.

Wish I had done it yesterday and risked an injury now. Oh well, have to spend another 3 hours tweaking all my players.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Damn. I hold off my transfers till the day before the week closes but unfortunately the prices have shot up on my targets :(
That alone throws off my points.

Wish I had done it yesterday and risked an injury now. Oh well, have to spend another 3 hours tweaking all my players.
I guess this didn't impose too much of a setback on you considering your score for the week heh.

A good week overall for me tempered by the fact that my choice in Captain backfired, so I once again ended up losing ground rather than making it up. As I was saying in IRC to Isi earlier, with his squad mirroring my own more and more Captain choice will most likely be a big factor in whether or not I can overhaul the 30 point lead that he picked up last week. It is unlikely our points will vary too much whilst the teams remain similar - thus the Captain becomes very important.

The next few weeks will be telling really, specifically with regards to whether I continue to slowly lose ground. If Isi reaches a 50 point cushion, it'll most likely be all over - my having already used my transfer wildcard and thus having to rely on Isi to change his team and mess it up. Should be an interesting holiday period.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Isileth
Bah!

Third time I have landed exactly on my record of 66 (Got 70 but with a -4 penalty for an extra transfer). Really want to beat that.
But a good showing by nearly all my players, especially from Villa did give a pretty nice score. Seems we all did fairly well though but our teams are getting a lot more similar as time goes on. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Got an interesting week of subs since Bullard is out after playing just 18 mins for me, also need to poke a few more players if possible so could be taking -4 or even -8. Have to see whats needed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:19 pm

SL33PY
I got 74 this weekend, it was massive, Dunne, Millner and Fabregas were my chicken with the golden eggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:I got 74 this weekend, it was massive, Dunne, Millner and Fabregas were my chicken with the golden eggs
I saw that. Helping you to close the gap on me too thanks to (among other things) a better Captain choice once more.

74 is a pretty great score - 71 is still my highest from last season. Got to congratulate you for managing it :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 am

SL33PY
Still, if I had made milner captain, I would have scored even more... on the other hand, Fabregas is a solid 24/7 performer, I wouldn't know what to do without him actually

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Whizbang
I just can't get a break. I'm close to 200 points behind and doubt I'll be able to make the points up at this point. I get a few people scoring well but the rest have horrible games and it gives me a poor week result.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:I just can't get a break. I'm close to 200 points behind and doubt I'll be able to make the points up at this point. I get a few people scoring well but the rest have horrible games and it gives me a poor week result.
Do you still have your transfer wildcard? Honestly, you need to make relatively wide ranging reforms to bring yourself into line with where the points are. Myself and Isi usually debate changes and points at least once a week in IRC - if you drop by at some point when one of us is around we can chat a bit about any changes if you like :)

On another note however, I am pretty sure that the title is now settled. I'm moving back to conservative Captain choices now rather than risks, as risks will no longer provide me with enough of a gain to make up the gap. It's very irritating - since I've only really had two weeks where one or two decisions have harmed me. But that harm has crippled me to the extent that I can't see the gap being made up anymore.

At least there is the cup though! I got to Round 2 last year, hoping to do better this time round :) We shall have to have another mini-competition over who can progress furthest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am

Isileth
Ohh, first time I've noticed that cup. Haven't looked at it before. Sounds interesting.

Also I assume everyone here and quite possibly more would be interested in a World Cup game.
Simple game of guess the score which I'm sure we could manage to run on the forums if not on a proper site.

Certainly plenty more opportunities for mass humiliation without even counting the weekly scores.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:03 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Most definately. If there is no official World Cup game being run, I will sort something out (may be able to cobble together a more basic version of the FPL for our temporary use - depends how busy I am at the time). If that's not possible for whatever reason, then we can always do guess the score :)

Really enjoying our little League - much more so than last year when I was effectively playing alone. Would be glad to see it continue in one form or another prior to the reforming next season :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:29 am

Isileth
Well certainly guess the score is extremely easy and basic to run as long as everyone is playing by the same rules. So I wouldn't be surprised to see several big sites running one and maybe even a fully fledged fantasy game.

As for our league as my first time I must say im really enjoying it. Certainly the fact that its generating a lot of irc discussions is nice, even if it is mostly me and Anny verbally sparing on the topic of Hull v Wolves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Tuesday looked so promising...so so promising.

But with Wednesday bringing Fabregas getting injured, Drogba and Torres both not playing, and Arsenal conceding, my week has gone to hell yet again. I just can't catch a break atm :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 am

Whizbang
At this point I'm happy to be scoring points. With the way injuries are rolling across the EPL I'm being real hesitant in transfers as I don't know if today's trade will result in tomorrow's injured player.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 am

Isileth
I'm really surprised I've got anything decent let alone being first this week. But it seems a a lot of people are being effected by teams not playing along with new injuries.

Thankfully the captain system worked well enough that even though I chose Drogba and he is in my 11 due to no subs the captain was set to Fabregas. Be interesting to see what injuries remain for Sat though, thankfully have 2 transfers available if I need to do any big changes.

We all managed to qualify for the cup but now since its random could be interesting. Especially if amongst someone has a bad week but goes through due to a lucky draw while someone else lands one of the 100+ scorers. See how it all goes :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Whizbang
Well, turn of the year, we've passed the halfway marker, and it seems that the injuries keep on building. How is everyone fairing with their current team?

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Isileth
Well this week turned out slightly better than I thought it would halfway through. Had hoped to see Fabregas fit for 2 matches instead he was injured for one and the other snowed off. However that did mean captain was passed to Rooney for 11 points and Faye was subbed in for a further 8.

Could have been a truly great week but my defence all scored low outside of Faye which is odd.

2 injuries for me at the mo, Fabregas and Lennon. Hopefully Fabregas wont be out for much longer as he was supposed to be ok for at least one of this weeks games. Lennon im not sure on, didnt know he was injured till I checked will have to see if there any estimates on him.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”