FOOTBALL!

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

FOOTBALL!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Whizbang
So I was thinking, since we have quite a few footy enthusiasts that not only follow the sport in real time, but also participate in things like XpertEleven, Fantasy Premier League, Fantasy World Cup, etc, I thought it would make sense to add a Football forum. This would give us a place to chatter about matches, tactics, rumours, the games we play, etc.

Thoughts?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: FOOTBALL!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I am in favour. General probably already has enough threads on the subject, and new ones will be being created come the new season to herald the next round of the games in question. I feel it would be better to gather all of this in one dedicated place rather than spam General with it. There are also a few of us playing these games now - possibly enough to warrant a forum. Four played the FPL last season, and there are three othersplaying the Fantasy World Cup when that starts too.

Whether it should be a dedicated Football forum or a more broad "Web Games" forum I am not sure about though. Whilst Football ones are the only ones being played at present outside CN, it may be more productive for us to prepare for the future if we're going to do it.

Thoughts anyone?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Isileth
It wouldn't hurt, especially over the World Cup, to put up a temporary Football or sports forum.

As of now the individual games have kept to their own single thread, if we try a forum over the WC and see that people are actually posting specific threads it might be worth keeping. If not it would be a simple thing to just move those individual threads back again.

*edit*

Especially as I would still like to run a guess the score comp alongside the fantasy one we are doing. If we cant find somewhere that does that then it would be very easy to do here but would help having a forum for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Kon
I'd just like to point out that this was all my idea.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Whizbang
Kahn wrote:I'd just like to point out that this was all my idea.
Yes, it was. Kahn kept whinging on about how we never talked about anything but football. Git. :mad:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:19 am

Stracius
Kahn wrote:I'd just like to point out that this was all my idea.
Person to blame identified. Now to rouse the rabble into the proper, enraged-enough-to-lynch mob. Something tells me this will be easier than normally expected...
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Do we have any other opinions on this, to bring this back slightly away from Kahn's remarkable prophetic abilities? :p

I am loath to do anything without some more general views - particularly of those not currently playing the games in question.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Stracius
I was getting annoyed by the Fantasy Premier League thread always getting top billing in the general forum anyway :p
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, after chatting with Strac we'll experiment with an X11 topic in General for now and see if it becomes apparent that we do need a forum or not.

The concern with a forum is activity - obviously, the FPL thread was very active for months but was ultimately only one thread. Creating a forum for only 3/5 threads does indeed seem possibly unnecessary.

I *suspect* that X11 will prove hard to keep within one thread, and will need branching (Mech seems to share that view too), but I think it's right that we experiment first to see if that is true. If it becomes obvious that the X11 thread needs branching out into multiple topics - something I don't think it will take more than a couple of weeks to realise one way or the other - we can look again at a forum.

Hope everyone is ok with that :)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Isileth
I would say if we had a separate forum I would post different threads, yet if we just have one thread im far to British to post outside of it even if I wanted to.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:I would say if we had a separate forum I would post different threads, yet if we just have one thread im far to British to post outside of it even if I wanted to.
For now, try and post the same content you would in seperate threads within our X11 thread. If it becomes unworkable, and I'm starting to get suspicions it might what with all of you saying this ( :p ), then it's not difficult to setup a forum.

The aim is just to prove or disprove that one is actually needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Cyphon88
My dad's FOOTBALL is bigger than your dad's football!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Isileth
Anubis wrote:For now, try and post the same content you would in seperate threads within our X11 thread.
What?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:58 pm

BlackDove
Makes sense with the World starting soon, but it'll also be a great place to move your fantasy bullshit there so I don't have to look at it.

XD

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Cyphon88
/me Moves my Fantasy Bullshit over Blackdove's head.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:Makes sense with the World starting soon, but it'll also be a great place to move your fantasy bullshit there so I don't have to look at it.

XD
You suck :p

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Cyphon88
So who the hell are Arsenal going to buy then. I reckon Reina, Torres, and Carragher.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Cyphon88
Thierry Henry to West Ham, and I quote 'Our club is in debt but a striker of his quality and standing would make it a great deal'. When it would cost them 7.5 million in wages, let along the transfer fee. Is this not just utter stupidity?

Club in debt.
No Manager.
Entire team on transfer list bar Scot Parker.

Add in Crocked aging, yet classy, striker, for unknown transfer fee and huge wage costs?

/me facepalms

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 am

Kon
BlackDove wrote:Makes sense with the World starting soon, but it'll also be a great place to move your fantasy bullshit there so I don't have to look at it.

XD
My thoughts exactly; and while I can't speak for him, apparently Strac's as well. ;)
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 am

Cyphon88
Okay, the two idiocies of the priemer league this week are:-

a) Everton signing Jermanine Beckford (admittedly on a Bosman, but still!).

b) Chelsea letting Joe Cole go on a Bosman, with them intending to sign Benyoun (sp?) as a replacement, who is 2 years older than him into a pretty ancient squad. The wage differiental is something I'm ommiting here (although I cant think it's that it isn't that different when Beynoun asks for more money).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am

Cyphon88
*Camera pans slowly round to Mechanus*

*His arms are waving wildly in the air*

*In his high twee voice he's singing, "Football's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming home"*

*He does a twirl around his room*

*Sweeps up a photo frame*

*and goes madly, truely, deeply, desperately to town on it*

*The face in the photoframe changes with horror at the enormatity of whats happening to him now, and will happen to him in the future*

*Kenny Daglish's face screams in silent horror from the photo frame*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Cyphon88
Gravedig.

And Liverpool becoming a Chinese run place eh?

Got you little red book yet Mech?

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”