Xpert Eleven, aka XI, aka X11, aka FOOTBALL!

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Xpert Eleven, aka XI, aka X11, aka FOOTBALL!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Kon
Nonsense! Your men were clearly out of line; frustrated at their inability to score on the same players they had handily beaten at the start of the season. When it comes down to it, I was simply prepared, and your guys thought they could just cruise through this match as you did our last meeting. Well, the Blizzards are going to be quite a different team from here on out. I'm sure you shall see that even more clearly next season.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:14 am

Cyphon88
So how are the Dun Carrig Bohs looking Anu?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
They're a very promising team, but aging in certain areas. They need work, but it's a nice firm base to build off :)

They are probably the best team I've taken on - my Lodge one needs a complete overhaul and my Pro League one needs quite a bit of attention too.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Cyphon88
Well my season is pretty much over in the main leagues. Just waiting to see who I get in the playoffs. Depending on the opposition, I might use it to just bump the DV of those few players I think need it (Cliff Pollock for one).

http://www.xperteleven.com/standings.as ... Sel=T&dh=1

2nd aint half bad considering my team

http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... ost=0&dh=1

Got about 6 mil to spend. Depending on my CR, I'm probably going to sell 2 defenders (Terrar and whoever else is a 5 still) and a attacker (Law probably), and bring in an aging superstar for each, and a young star for defence. I need to get rid of a Midfielder too, that will probably be dependent on the CR.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Cyphon88
How were people's LM change reports?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Whizbang
I saw a CR of +11 with no negatives with 8 visible changes. A good run up for a strong push for promotion into the Primera next season.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pretty great for me. 8 visible positive changes, and a -2 only hitting players I have since sacked. Squad is shaping up very positively on the whole, and I have brought in three 16/3's to work with over the course of next season to add to it :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Cyphon88
I got +13. Only one player didn't improve, and they're now on the transfer list. That includes my first ever double jump, so I now have a midfield with a 19/6 and a 17/6 in it. My goalkeeper improved to a 20/5, but im going to sell him on and bring in a goalkeeper to be a long term replacement, train him up for a bit and then sell on the older guy in a couple of seasons. The squad looks ok, but I think I'll struggle if I'm promoted to the Segunda. Especially as I'm happy with the shape of the squad and only really want to bring in a young Goalkeeper.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
17/6? :eek: Wow, was he from Youth? That's a golden player right there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Cyphon88
Yeah, 16/4 from youth in my second week with the Forsworn. A very nice first ever double jump. Just need to make sure I can get a visible increase from him this season too.

Estimated Value is roughly 12 million. But seeing as I'm only looking to make one signing this season, not sure I need the cash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Whizbang
Does he have any SQs? Or just pure skill?

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 am

Cyphon88
Both are pure skill.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:29 am

Cyphon88
Got that Gk 17/5 for the cut price value of 7.3 million. About 10 milion less than the going rate for that age.

He's the club's new record signing. Just selling my old midfielder and older goalkeeper and I should be sorted for the season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Whizbang
Hope he shapes up to be quality. The only problem with buying youth, you never know what their average form is like until you get a season with them and watch how they level.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:37 am

Cyphon88
He came in with an average and actual form of 14. And a pregame played DV of 4. So here's hoping. I mean I could just rry and double jump him this season and seel him on at a huge profit.

An 18/6 GK is currently on the market for 8 mil, which would suggest I could make a huge profit. We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Cyphon88
That's a nice 18/5/M you just got for you Boh's Anu. Intelligent and Long shots? Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Whizbang
Cyphon88 wrote:That's a nice 18/5/M you just got for you Boh's Anu. Intelligent and Long shots? Very nice.
Would make a good playmaker if he develops right.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:That's a nice 18/5/M you just got for you Boh's Anu. Intelligent and Long shots? Very nice.
Ironic you say that since I'm selling him lol. Got enough youth already, and I have hopes my 17/4 will double jump to surpass him.

If either of you want him, feel free to bid - value is 4 178 900 econ. If either of you match that price, you're welcome to him. Just let me know if you bid and I'll accept.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Cyphon88
My 19/6 and 17/6 are dealing with the youth side of my midfield thanks. Shame you couldn't have offered him in like 3-4 seasons, and I would of bit your hand off.

You should get a pretty penny for him with those Sqs.

Certainly far more than the 133k I got for a 19/5/F in LPL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
[18:53] <SSX-Anubis> what?
[18:53] <SSX-Anubis> goddamnit
[18:53] <SSX-Anubis> my 29/12 defender is retiring
[18:54] <SSX-Anubis> have to buy a new one now
[18:55] <SSX-Anubis> I only just spent a ton of money to get him too
[18:55] <SSX-Anubis> I am very annoyed
[18:59] <SSX-Anubis> what the hell is a 29/12 doing retiring anyway?
[19:00] <SSX-Anubis> That's utterly ridiculous
[19:00] <Cyph> lol
[19:00] <Cyph> which league is this?
[19:00] <SSX-Anubis> Super League
[19:01] <Cyph> I got hit worst in LPL
[19:01] <Cyph> losing 3 players
[19:01] <SSX-Anubis> he was the awesome buy I got for less than 116m
[19:01] <SSX-Anubis> bah
[19:01] <SSX-Anubis> really annoyed now
[19:01] <SSX-Anubis> also :( This guy is the only good one I lost thankfully

I am EXTREMELY annoyed right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I got the above rescinded through loud complaining. My anger has turned to joy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Whizbang

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Isileth
Once again I got no one leaving my team, also the update seems like a good move.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The update is a good move, yes. Aside from the horrible implementation that had tons of 29 year olds retiring (hence their backpedaling).

Also surprised we didn't get more advanced notice tbh. But I suppose it makes little difference either way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Cyphon88
People happy with their Ark CR's?

16AVF 17 DV and no visible for a 29 year old?

Shame Bakunin didn't get a visible, although I was worried about him getting his as he was only accruing DV slowly. I also hoped Salinas and Sparrow might get a visible. Otherwise quite happy with the results.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”