Football Manager 2010 Steam Weekend

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Football Manager 2010 Steam Weekend

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Isileth
Since we have quite a few football fans hanging around now thought some of you might be interested in this, free to play the full game over the weekend.

I'm certainly going to have a look as ive been after a new manager game for a while now.

Re: Football Manager 2010 Steam Weekend

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Whizbang
That's pretty neat of Steam to do that. As an owner of FM2010 I must say that it is much better than FM2009. I've enjoyed the hours and hours and hours that I've put into the game so far.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Isileth
Must say ive already turned it off. Almost everything about it bugs me, the player stats/rating system isnt easy to view/use, I dont want to be dealing with reserve teams and such, the interface is weird to navigate etc.

As much as I really want a new football management game this isnt it. Hoping a new LMA manager is released since thats the only ones ive ever enjoyed. So stripped down and easy to use.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:54 am

Whizbang
Isileth wrote:Must say ive already turned it off. Almost everything about it bugs me, the player stats/rating system isnt easy to view/use, I dont want to be dealing with reserve teams and such, the interface is weird to navigate etc.

As much as I really want a new football management game this isnt it. Hoping a new LMA manager is released since thats the only ones ive ever enjoyed. So stripped down and easy to use.
LMA manager?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:34 am

Isileth
The last LMA Manager was 2007 so the series hasn't exactly kept up, however they should be releasing one for the 2011 season (hopefully).

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

Kon
I was somewhat tempted to try this due to all Mech and Anubis' talk of it in IRC, but then I remembered that the only thing I hate more than sports games is micromanagement and focusing on a million trivial issues.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Kahn wrote:I was somewhat tempted to try this due to all Mech and Anubis' talk of it in IRC, but then I remembered that the only thing I hate more than sports games is micromanagement and focusing on a million trivial issues.
Yeah. Micromanagement is exactly why I can't play this game. It just frustrates me too quickly :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”