NDA lifted??

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

NDA lifted??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Ash
I need clarification with regards to the NDA,
I was reading a review today and it mentioned in passing that the NDA has been lifted.

Now I am not sure whether he was referring to the press NDA or Tester NDA I am not sure.

So anyone know anything, and I'm looking at you Zeph.... :clown:

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: NDA lifted??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Zephir
The NDA is still in place for anyone admitted to the testing program, or to the weekend test.

It was only lifted for specific media outlets, that were invited in to beta to write previews within boundaries set by Bioware.

So accordingly I can tell you Yes there is a beta, and yes I'm in the beta :smack:

Actually it's probably a good idea that the NDA is still in place because Bioware are actually using the beta to do real testing, they make extreme changes to gather metrics and feedback that they then use to inform their decision making. A process that seems to confuse people who seem to be expecting continual incremental improvement of everything.

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Ash
Atlast a company that uses Beta testing for what it was indended for,
not just a glorified free trial.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm

M.Steiner
I can see them lifting the NDA at the same time as the upcoming beta weekend. Everyone who signed up will be invited and RPS alone are giving away 12k keys, Curse are giving X amount away too. Not much point in them still enforcing it when it's pretty much an open beta/stress test hehe. Will have to try & avoid the inevitable spoilers but there's only (just over) 4 weeks to go so not long! ^^
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:28 pm

M.Steiner
Folks,

As of now, the non disclosure portion of our Game Testing Agreement is officially lifted. While all players must still accept the Game Testing Agreement, from this point on testers may now freely talk about their experiences this past weekend in the game, as well as post screenshots and gameplay videos of their testing experiences. We encourage you to come join us on the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Forums to share your experiences!

The Star Wars: The Old Republic community site will have a copy of this message on the forums and it will also appear in the Patcher. Players may not talk about nor reprint posts from our testing forums as they are still fully covered by the confidentiality portions of our Game Testing Agreement. And all players who want to participate in the upcoming Beta Test Weekends still have to accept all terms of the Game Testing Agreement. So, other than that, free feel to talk about and share your experiences in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

My thanks go out to everyone who has beta tested and continues to beta test the game. It has been with your help and feedback that Star Wars: The Old Republic is where it is today. We really appreciate your efforts.

May the Force be with you!

Greg Zeschuk
VP, Electronic Arts, BioWare Austin, General Manager
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... it10939389 ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Ash
Okay folks time to spill your guts......... :thumb:

:clown:

EDIT: also websites are now able to list information ie Darth Hater has a Beta version of a Game database
which includes talent trees/ builds, crafting and quest database.
Ash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:EDIT: also websites are now able to list information ie Darth Hater has a Beta version of a Game database
which includes talent trees/ builds, crafting and quest database.
I just spotted this yesterday too and added it into our useful links sticky. I may do an image to add this particular one onto our website too, it's a Curse gaming site so anyone who played WoW will know how popular their WoW site was for addons & such at least back in the day. I expect it'll be one of the most popular for TOR too.

As for spilling guts. A few of us were chatting about TOR on IRC yesterday. Sharing experiences and Zeph kindly answered several questions too. I've tried to filter out anything unrelated so it should just be our TOR chat.
I was going to try and highlight odd bits for you guys but that'd take ages to edit so decided not to heh. Apologies for the length though hopefully you'll still enjoy reading. ;)
19:56 @SSX-MS • So much juicy TOR info to read now now., jesus lol.
19:56 @Zephir • lol
19:56 @Zephir • yep
19:56 @Zephir • lots and lots
19:57 @Zephir • did you see the new legacy system they just added in the new build
19:57 @Zephir • http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... it10940945
19:58 @SSX-MS • Just spotted http://db.darthhater.com/ too. Gotta nip afk for my tea but will continue looking around when I get back (it has a talent calculator on there which I've just added to our sticky, and a space for people to add builds too ^^).
19:58 @SSX-MS • Will check that link when I come back ta ;)
19:58 @Zephir • After chapter 1 you get to choose a last name
19:58 @Zephir • which will be used for all your characters on all servers
20:01 @Gyouza|Laptop • as the discussions show I am curious about the whole cross race deal... the cross faction complaints are stupid as familes arent always on the same side of stuff
20:04 @Zephir • lol
20:04 @Zephir • Maybe you grandparents adopted a homeless Twi
20:05 @Gyouza|Laptop • well adoptions would make sense but then depending on how you go it still doesnt make sense
20:06 @Gyouza|Laptop • say I have a bunch of non sith then make a sith assumedly the non-sith are the true family if they are all same race
20:06 @Zephir • I guess it would be up to you to decide
20:06 @Gyouza|Laptop • somehow the Sith pureblood doesnt decide when he becomes an evil warlord that he isnt going to change his last name/abandon it altogether
20:07 @Gyouza|Laptop • he could be Sith Lord Killy Mcfluffybunny
20:07 @Zephir • You could go down the road of the name being like a clan/house name
20:07 @Gyouza|Laptop • true
20:08 @Gyouza|Laptop • going to have to put serious thought into my last name now
20:08 @Zephir • lol
20:08 @Gyouza|Laptop • I couldnt make a fun dick around character first or Id curse all my characters
20:08 @Zephir • I need to get out of work so I can go play the new build
20:09 @Zephir • didn't have time last night
20:09 @Gyouza|Laptop • maybe Ill cause some nerdrage and use a fantasy lastname
20:09 @Gyouza|Laptop • use something that isnt even in SW... like Goblincutter used that as a dwarfs last name in DnD once
20:10 @Zephir • please one thing I've seen enough of in beta is nerd rage
20:10 @Gyouza|Laptop • lol all i saw last weekend was "dis gam is xatly like WoW guyz jus like evergay"
20:13 @Zephir • lol
20:13 @Zephir • yep
20:14 @Zephir • some people need a swift kick up the a$$
20:14 @Gyouza|Laptop • I still couldnt help laughing my ass off once when doing a EQ trial and people were claiming it ripped off WoW... I just hope they were being sarcastic but I know atleast a few arent
20:14 @Gyouza|Laptop • ya parents need to beat the stupid out of their kids
20:14 @Gyouza|Laptop • especially the ones who get on fps' and start throwing the n word at everyone
20:20 @SSX-MS • hmm @ the legacy system!
20:21 @SSX-MS • Will have to give that some thought as I was just going to go with my forum name heh
20:21 @Gyouza|Laptop • I do think its funny that some seem to think it will be a race to claim your real last name...
20:24 @SSX-MS • Reading this too it looks like once you've chosen your surname that's it.
20:24 ~SSX-Anubis • yeah, it's a good idea
20:24 ~SSX-Anubis • makes it more like an RP
20:24 @SSX-MS • Maybe they will add a deed poll service lol
20:24 ~SSX-Anubis • I'll port over the name I used in KOTOR
20:24 @Gyouza|Laptop • I dunno I feel like in some cases it will break rp
20:24 @Gyouza|Laptop • other cases though it stops people from being dicks on alt servers
20:24 ~SSX-Anubis • depends how much you care about what others do :)
20:24 ~SSX-Anubis • if you treat it in an RP way, it benefits
20:25 @Zephir • it will be interesting to see what you can use the legacy xp for
20:25 @SSX-MS • (Not that I dislike the idea of the system, quite the opposite. I'd just worry that somewhere down the line I get sick of my last name and then have it stuck to every single character heh)
20:26 @Gyouza|Laptop • ya I like the idea but I feel at some point its just not at all going to fit
20:26 ~SSX-Anubis • that is a fair point
20:26 ~SSX-Anubis • probably shouldn't be attached to all characters
20:26 @Gyouza|Laptop • unless first names start becoming unique with surnames
20:29 @SSX-MS • So what did Bioware let people test last weekend then?. They make all classes available now I assume?
20:29 @Gyouza|Laptop • ya
20:29 @Zephir • yeah you had access to everything
20:29 @Zephir • just like regular testers
20:29 @Zephir • yes anny
20:29 @Gyouza|Laptop • I got to test how hard it is to try and play with a cranky 8 month old baby
20:29 ~SSX-Anubis • now the NDA is lifted you need to go post in the "can you spec between trees" thread :P
20:29 @Zephir • lol
20:30 @Zephir • hybrids are viable
20:30 @Zephir • not really done any lvl 50 PvP
20:30 ~SSX-Anubis • which is what would happen :)
20:30 @Zephir • but worked fine at lower levels
20:30 ~SSX-Anubis • and excellent Zeph. Viable is all that matters
20:30 @SSX-MS • Now that I can say. When I was invited we were all put into individual squadrons and given specifc classes to test. For me it was the trooper & smuggler on the Ord Mantell starter planet.
20:31 ~SSX-Anubis • if it means less PVP, that's just fine so long as I can progress story easily enough
20:31 @Zephir • and of course you can respec the trees
20:31 @SSX-MS • Quite lucky really as all the sith classes will be untouched for me still.
20:31 @Zephir • oh hybrids are great for PvE
20:31 @Zephir • me too
20:32 @Zephir • I've only played rebublic in beta
20:32 @Zephir • but seeing as the classes are mirrored
20:32 @Zephir • to some extent
20:32 @Zephir • I know I wnat to be a BH lol
20:32 @Zephir • becasue trooper ROCKS!!!!!
20:32 @Gyouza|Laptop • ill be non-force user until everyone else is growing tired of them
20:32 ~SSX-Anubis • couldn't be anything but Inquisitor myself. Was debating Warrior but....
20:33 @SSX-MS • Yeah, going by that I'm guessing the Agent I'll be playing will be similar to the Smuggler but that's not so bad.
20:33 ~SSX-Anubis • I can't live without my Force Storm
20:33 ~SSX-Anubis • it was the staple of all my KOTOR playthroughs
20:34 @Zephir • smuggler was fun :)
20:34 @Zephir • actually has a great startign story
20:35 @Zephir • actually I had funn with all 4 republic classes
20:35 @Zephir • so choosing my first class for the Empire is tough
20:36 ~SSX-Anubis › nods
20:36 @Gyouza|Laptop • thats what dice are for
20:36 @Gyouza|Laptop • Ive got a few d4
20:37 @Zephir • lol
20:37 @Gyouza|Laptop • could even break them up by the trees and us a d12
20:37 @Gyouza|Laptop • d6 for me though as I already decided to not go force right away
20:37 @SSX-MS • Have you had much experience with these neutral planets Zeph?. The pvp focused ones which players can apparently fight over?
20:37 @Zephir • I'm going BH first
20:38 @Zephir • then inquistor or warrior
20:38 @Gyouza|Laptop • I was thinking Powertech BH as I will likely play with Mech and Iye a lot and I know Mech is going agent
20:39 @Zephir • http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... eview.html
20:40 @Zephir • Ilum is the lvl 50 pvp planet
20:40 @Zephir • wich has control points
20:41 @Zephir • and faction rewards for whoever controls it
20:41 @Zephir • then Tatooine has pvp zone
20:42 @Zephir • the rest of the planets have straigh forward open word pvp
20:42 @Zephir • with a safe zone around the starport
20:43 @SSX-MS • Ah nice, did not realise it was level 50 or the controlling faction received rewards. Is that a vendor which opens up when your side holds it then? or rewards such as cash/buffs or whatever?
20:44 ~SSX-Anubis • really wish they'd have put the PVP off switch on the PVP servers
20:44 ~SSX-Anubis • I understand it, but meh
20:44 @Gyouza|Laptop • isnt the point of a pvp server constant threat of pvp?
20:45 @SSX-MS • Chances are I'll be looking to get involved in that. I'll give the warzones a try too but these neutral planets have a much bigger appeal for me
20:45 @Zephir • there are harvestable resources
20:45 ~SSX-Anubis • I am just bitter because I don't want to be PVPing and remember how annoying it got in WoW :)
20:45 @Zephir • available to the controlling faction
20:46 @SSX-MS › nods
20:46 @Zephir • I forsee some problems with open world pvp :(
20:47 ~SSX-Anubis • I fear there will be issues
20:47 @Zephir • some of the planets have chole points you will need to pass through to get to story quest locations
20:47 ~SSX-Anubis • but we'll have to see
20:47 @Zephir • grrr ghoke points
20:47 ~SSX-Anubis • ugh
20:47 ~SSX-Anubis • lovely :/ That's going to be EPL all over again
20:47 @Zephir • still can't spell
20:47 @Zephir • lol
20:47 @SSX-MS • I can understand why anny got frustrated with it in WoW though I do not think we will come across individual ganking like that until further in when everyone is more spread out.
20:48 ~SSX-Anubis • my problem with it really is
20:48 ~SSX-Anubis • even if we don't see it first time (I think we will, but just suppose we don;t), we will see it with alts
20:48 ~SSX-Anubis • and I hated it in WoW, but I'll find it 10 times worse in TOR
20:48 @SSX-MS • Though for me that's but of the thrill. If I'm playing a game where 2 factions are against each other I want an enemy to be able to attack me should they wish. And same the other way around.
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • because I'm not being stopped from collecting wolf pelts, I'm being blocked from story
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • and that's why I'm playing...
20:49 @SSX-MS • NC did it best tbh.
20:49 @Zephir • it wa a problem in beta becasue if a few people on the opposing faction decided to be dicks it was a problem getting enouogh people to do anything about it
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • nah
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • FFXI did it best
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • PVP events you could sign up to and take part in, which were epic and awesome
20:49 ~SSX-Anubis • no PVP outside of those to stop people ruining story
20:49 @SSX-MS • Pvp seemed non existent for the most part in FFXI so not good for someone like me :p
20:50 ~SSX-Anubis • I was very happy with that system
20:50 ~SSX-Anubis • you were low level and hadn't reached the events :)
20:50 ~SSX-Anubis • I started them at Level 50, a few weeks before I last stopped
20:50 @Zephir • I get the feeling it's something bioware will be monitoring it very closely
20:50 @SSX-MS • Shoudln't really matter what level you are though tbh, nooby aside. Imo at least :)
20:50 @Zephir • to see if it does become a problem
20:50 ~SSX-Anubis • hope so Zeph
20:51 @Zephir • they are very keen to ensure a good play experience for evryone
20:51 ~SSX-Anubis • I just hope it doesn't become the frustrating issue it was in WoW. As most want PVP, I'll go with it, but I am extremely wary
20:51 ~SSX-Anubis • and honestly quite worried about it
20:51 @Gyouza|Laptop • well for events you sign up for a bunch of newbs will end up getting a team destroyed
20:51 @Zephir • for example hardcore pvpers were raging about planet phasing
20:51 ~SSX-Anubis • that's just it though Zeph
20:51 @Zephir • how you can't have open world pvp with phasing
20:52 ~SSX-Anubis • there is a fair point that we're choosing PVP. Would Bioware interfere to stop PVP on a PVP server?
20:52 @Zephir • but phasing is there even on pvp servers
20:52 ~SSX-Anubis • I'm sure Blizz would have said "should be on PVE"
20:52 @Gyouza|Laptop • Im sure thats what Bioware will say as its what every company feels like
20:52 @Zephir • but it is based on population levels
20:52 @Gyouza|Laptop • I did pvp on wow just cause my wife wanted to play and her brother had picked pvp at random when he started before us
20:53 ~SSX-Anubis • yeah
20:53 @Zephir • well my experience over the last 12 months or so of beta is bw are VERY focused on the experience
20:53 ~SSX-Anubis • I did PVP in WoW because that's where the group was. But I would probably have gone there anyway
20:53 ~SSX-Anubis • since my only MMO experience till then was NC2
20:53 ~SSX-Anubis • where I had no issues
20:54 @SSX-MS • Well I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. If anyones in a situation where they can't continue doing what they were doing because someone else is ruining their experience I'd still hope that several of us can go out and kill them. Like we did in NC.
20:54 @Zephir • and they don't really listen to he who shouts loudest
20:54 @Gyouza|Laptop • I always liked pre-nge SWG's
20:54 @Zephir • what they do is experiment and collect a vast range of metrics
20:54 ~SSX-Anubis • I hope that continues then Zeph :)
20:54 @Zephir • and then aim for the middle road
20:55 @Zephir • I really don't see then changing their philosophy at this stage
20:55 @Gyouza|Laptop • what they need to do is add pve instances where if you die from pvp so many times in a row they give you the option of phasing into it
20:56 @Zephir • I've seen so much rage on the beta forums as they try things out
20:56 ~SSX-Anubis • I'd just like an LE at least
20:56 @Gyouza|Laptop • and something from keeping high levels from camping low level objectives
20:56 ~SSX-Anubis • if you never disable it, no PVP ever
20:56 ~SSX-Anubis • once you do, you're free game
20:56 @Zephir • but then later another build is releleased and bw have managed to strike a good balance
20:56 ~SSX-Anubis • but ideally I want the on off switch
20:57 @Gyouza|Laptop • isnt that still what they do on PVE servers?
20:57 @Gyouza|Laptop • I know a lot of games did flagging on pve
20:57 ~SSX-Anubis • yeah
20:57 ~SSX-Anubis • but my opinion is not the dominant one and I want to play with the group :)
20:58 @Zephir • me too anny
20:58 @Gyouza|Laptop • hehe ya Ill likely be on a pve server with my wife but I guess it depends as well on where my BIL is also choosing to play
20:58 ~SSX-Anubis • I was surprised even one person supported me Zeph, so twas nice to see I'm not alone
20:58 @SSX-MS • Couple of other questions whilst I'm thinking of them btw lol. - I seem to remember reading that there are armour sets specific to your light / dark points? is that so?. Also are there pvp sets too? and how does the pvp system work?. Is it ranked & experience based or.. ?
20:58 ~SSX-Anubis • I guess we are just cynical lol
20:58 @Zephir • but for once I actually have some faith in the devs doing the right thing
20:59 @Zephir • there are pve and pvp sets
20:59 ~SSX-Anubis • not playing with us Gyouza? :(
20:59 @Zephir • but the difference is not huge
20:59 @Gyouza|Laptop • no I will
20:59 @Zephir • it's like 10%
20:59 @Gyouza|Laptop • but Ill be playing around and will have some republic chars
20:59 ~SSX-Anubis • ahhhh, right :)
20:59 @Zephir • and yes some equipment is restricted based on light/dark points
21:00 @Zephir • also you have modifiable equipment
21:00 @Zephir • so if you really like the look of that cool plaster you got at lvl 20 and want to use it lvl 50
21:00 @Zephir • you can
21:00 @Zephir • because it's damage is based on the item mods fitted to it
21:01 @Zephir • so fitting lvl 50 mods will make it a lvl 50 weapon
21:01 @Gyouza|Laptop • thats cool I always thought it was silly that for some reason the same basic weapon is less effective at lower levels
21:01 @Zephir • also some craftable mods are better than lootable mods
21:01 @Gyouza|Laptop • why does this iron sword do 500 dam and this one do 10?
21:01 @Zephir • and some mods are for pvp
21:01 @Zephir • some for pve
21:02 ~SSX-Anubis • oh, great
21:02 ~SSX-Anubis • they carried over the KOTOR item system then
21:02 ~SSX-Anubis • different crystals to create different strength lightsabers
21:02 ~SSX-Anubis • scopes, etc for guns
21:02 ~SSX-Anubis • I like that
21:02 @SSX-MS • You can customize some pieces to match the rest of your set too right?. So instead of having some odd looking piece of armour which doesn't fit with the rest of the stuff you're wearing, you can make them blend a little better?.
21:02 @Zephir • yeah sort of
21:03 @Zephir • well actually for outfits
21:03 @Zephir • there is a UI option
21:03 @Zephir • to color match your all your armour/clothing to your chest piece
21:03 @Zephir • which works pretty well
21:03 @Zephir • they don't have appearance tab yet
21:04 @SSX-MS • ahh very nice.
21:04 @Zephir • but last I heard there would probably be one some time after launch
21:05 ~SSX-Anubis • I wants my Revan armour
21:05 ~SSX-Anubis • http://theforce.jaymach.com/images/RevanRobes.jpg
21:05 ~SSX-Anubis • either that or just dome Dark Jedi Robes
21:05 ~SSX-Anubis • some*
21:06 @SSX-MS • They look to have done an amazing job on the armour sets going by the vids they've released. I only ever saw starter gear when I tested since it was all on the starter planet so didn't get to see any higher level players.
21:06 @Zephir • I actually really love the artwork
21:06 @Zephir • I'm always seeing threads about how bad the graphics are lol
21:07 @Zephir • but I think the game looks pretty good
21:07 @Zephir • sure it's not using photorealistic graphics
21:07 @Zephir • but what mmo does
21:08 @Zephir • after all not everyone has a pc that can handle theat level of graphics and cope with mass open world pvp
21:09 @SSX-MS • lol. I think I was playing on the high setting (at the time) rather than max but I've upgraded my card to a 6970 since so I'll be able to max it easy. I did like the art style even on that setting, certainly didn't look bad.
21:14 @SSX-MS • The voice acting/story scenes/dialogue all stood out to me. Probably the most impressive I've seen in an MMO before.
21:15 @SSX-MS • And even though some of those areas are instanced to just you (and companion/party) and you had to walk through those coloured doorways, even though you knew it, you didn't if that makes sense heh.
21:15 @Zephir • I really love the story
21:15 @Zephir • the classes I've played have had really well crafted stories
21:16 @SSX-MS • Really seamless
21:16 @Zephir • yes and if your grouped the rest of the group can come with you and watch as you complete your story element
21:17 @Zephir • I really don't notice the instancing much at all
21:18 @SSX-MS • Same, really well done.
21:20 @SSX-MS • Speaking of instancing and being seamless. Obviously you'll need to actually travel to each individual planet rather than them being connected, but when you're on one of the other planets do any/all have multiple zones which you can seamlessly walk from one to another?.
21:21 @SSX-MS • Just one big zone (but with instanced areas in places), or loading screenes between zones?
21:21 @Zephir • just one large zone
21:21 @Zephir • except for some places that have multiple elavators
21:21 @Zephir • grr levels with elavtors
21:21 @Zephir • so like in a spaceport
21:22 @Zephir • you can walk into the elevator and click the button to go up to the 2nd floor
21:22 @Zephir • the only planet that has something like zones
21:22 @Zephir • is coruscant
21:22 @SSX-MS • ah kk, so like I saw on Ord Mantell then but on a bigger scale.
21:22 @Zephir • where you have to travel by taxi between places
21:23 @Zephir • but it's still one map
21:23 @Zephir • just there are no footpaths
21:23 @SSX-MS › nods
21:23 @Zephir • you get in a taxi and fly around the buildings
21:24 @SSX-MS • ah you have just answered my next question lol :D
21:24 @Zephir • it's not bad really
21:24 @Zephir • the taxi dives and climbs
21:24 @Zephir • and swings around buildings
21:25 @Zephir • kinda reminded me of the 5th element lol
21:25 @SSX-MS • I rode on one of the bike things on Ord Mantell to get from one camp to another so was hoping there would be a lot of similar travel on the other planets. Not a fan of the fast travel where you'd warp from one place to another all the time.
21:25 @SSX-MS • Do like those little journey's
21:26 @Zephir • basically you never see ground level on coruscant
21:26 @Zephir • yeah the planets have a taxi system
21:26 @Zephir • also of course you can get your own personal ride
21:27 @Zephir • and you can bind to instant travel points
21:27 @Zephir • I tend not to use the instant travel points though
21:28 @Zephir • I like the taxi rides lol
21:31 @SSX-MS • Supposedly get a mount vehicle with the CE/DDE so one less thing to save up for hehe
21:32 @Gyouza|Laptop • ya the STAP or whatever
21:33 @Zephir • yep the Single Trooper Arial platform lol
21:33 @SSX-MS • Shame it's not a fancy landspeeder :p
21:34 @Zephir • the star wars equivlant of a segway
21:35 @SSX-MS • I just got SR3 in the post today, and Arkham will be coming next week. All I wanna play is TOR now.
21:35 @SSX-MS • Next 4 weeks are going to be tough lol
21:38 @Zephir • lol
21:40 @Zephir • toughest thing for me is that any character I create will eventually get wiped lol
21:41 @Zephir • and of course there is next weekends mega beta
21:41 @Zephir • for anyone that wants a look see
21:43 @Zephir • oh hmm i forgot there is a high level chanracter server available this weekend
21:43 @Zephir • hmm could go grab a lvl 40 and PvP
21:44 @Zephir • and be totally crap at it becasue I have no idea how to use the skills :)
21:46 @SSX-MS • lol
21:56 @SSX-MS • Is there one particular location per side where most players hang out when not out and about zeph?
21:56 @SSX-MS • Like IF & SW were to WoW and MediCare once upon a time was in Neocron?.
21:57 @Zephir • Ummm well for the republic the republic fleet is a central hangout
21:58 @Zephir • with lots of vendors, trainers etc
21:58 @SSX-MS • auction house too?
21:58 @Zephir • yes
21:58 @Zephir • both sides have a faction specific no plant base
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • not sure if a 'base' will work too well in TOR
21:59 @Zephir • grr non planet base
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • won;t people just hang out in their own ships?
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • I know I will when not storying
21:59 @SSX-MS • Good (on the AH) I still don't want another "WoW" but I bloody loved the auction house lol
21:59 @Zephir • well you can only get to your ship in a spaceport
21:59 @Zephir • and your ship has no vendors or trainers
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • naturally, but it seems to obvious place
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • wat?
21:59 ~SSX-Anubis • No Kreia type mentor?
22:00 ~SSX-Anubis • well damn
22:00 ~SSX-Anubis • that's annoying
22:00 @Zephir • so the repbulic fleet is a good meeting hub
22:00 @Zephir • where you can take care of all that stuff
22:01 @Zephir • but every planet has vendors and trainers
22:01 @SSX-MS › nods
22:02 ~SSX-Anubis • how annoying
22:02 ~SSX-Anubis • having a mentor companion would be so much better
22:02 ~SSX-Anubis • wish they'd just made KOTOR 3 :(
22:02 @Zephir • well really do you expect to have your own jedi master hanging around in your ship to train you on demand :p
22:03 ~SSX-Anubis • also, yes
22:03 ~SSX-Anubis • (seriously though, doesn't have to be a master - Bastilla wasn't)
22:03 @Zephir • oh yeah I forgot you are the supreme overdouche
22:03 @Zephir • umm overlord
22:04 ~SSX-Anubis • (and Kreia wasn't either technically, she was a fallen former Sith Lord)
22:04 @Zephir • :)
22:04 @SSX-MS • If they'd just made KOTOR 3 we'd have no new group and no new MMO to look forward to :(
22:04 @Zephir • I fear Anny is above playing with us mere mortals
22:05 @SSX-MS • Also I dunno about them adding a mentor but I'm sure they've got a lot of ideas in mind for content to add post-launch ;)
22:05 ~SSX-Anubis • whilst I am looking forward to playing together
22:05 ~SSX-Anubis • at the end of the day KOTOR is an SP story franchise to m,e first
22:06 ~SSX-Anubis • which will probably generally be reflected in my playstyle, guild chat aside
22:06 ~SSX-Anubis • (not exclusively, but mostly)
22:06 @SSX-MS • I'm quite surprised they've added as much as they seem to have. I think some people forget when they've whined about it not having this and that is that at launch WoW didn't have a ton of stuff it did later.
22:06 ~SSX-Anubis • it's a continuation of my story from KOTOR 1 and 2.
22:06 @Zephir • oh I think there is a ton of stuff in the game
22:07 @Zephir • and lots of little things to do
22:07 @SSX-MS • Apparently you can sit in chairs now too eh? hehe.
22:07 @Zephir • and plenty of ways to get xp
22:07 @SSX-MS • Read that yesterday
22:07 @Zephir • yeah finally lol
22:08 @SSX-MS • I think you'll be happy with that anyway Anny.
22:08 @Zephir • all I can say is I just seem to have a blast when I play
22:09 @Zephir • the game is not perfect
22:09 @Zephir • but it is a lot of fun
22:09 @SSX-MS • I've only seen a tiny portion of what the game has to offer but story wise it's the closest "feel" to a SP RPG there is tbh. With the voice acting scenes, choices etc :)
22:10 @Zephir • it really is a hybrid
22:10 @SSX-MS • It just lets you experience that with others too, plus lots of other things.
22:10 @Zephir • you have great single player sotries for each class
22:10 @Zephir • and that's combined with group content and pvp
22:10 @Zephir • and some fun mini games
22:11 @Zephir • and whateve activity you do you get xp
22:11 @Zephir • pvp gives xp
22:11 @Zephir • the space mini game is fun and gives xp
22:11 @Zephir • sotry quest... xp
22:11 ~SSX-Anubis • I don't doubt it. I would still prefer an SP game for KOTOR though
22:11 @Zephir • flashpoints... xp
22:11 ~SSX-Anubis • for various reasons
22:12 ~SSX-Anubis • I will still play and hopefully enjoy it though :)
22:12 @Zephir • oh I think you will enjoy it
22:12 @Zephir • I was skeptical at first
22:12 @Zephir • having had my fill of mmo'
22:12 @Zephir • mmo's
22:12 @Zephir • but from the first time I played it was just fun
22:12 ~SSX-Anubis • so long as the story is good, and it doesn't trample over KOTOR canon too much, I'll be happy
22:13 @Zephir • and it still is :)
22:13 ~SSX-Anubis • it just has to live up to the franchise and not wreck it
22:13 @Zephir • I played a smuggler through to 20 and the story was excellent
22:13 @Zephir • the jedi knight story was great
22:14 @Zephir • the trooper story had a blast as a member of havoc squad
22:14 @SSX-MS • Before I was invited I was still on the fence a bit. My interest in the game had grown a lot already which had stemmed from thinking of the new group but those few days of testing sold it to me.
22:14 @SSX-MS • And before considering the new group I didn't even like star wars lol
22:14 @Zephir • can't really tell you the clas stories without spoiling it for you lol
22:15 @Zephir • nad I haven't even played empire yet
22:15 @Zephir • was saving it for launch seeing as ssx is going empire
22:16 ~SSX-Anubis • yeah, don't tell me anything regardless :)
22:16 ~SSX-Anubis • don't want teh spoilerz
22:17 @Zephir • you will definitly not be dissapointed with the story
22:17 @Zephir • and hey there are 4 stories for each faction too :)
22:17 @Zephir • what more could you want :)
22:17 ~SSX-Anubis • indeed :)
22:18 @Zephir • and different companions for each class with unique stories too
22:23 @Zephir • well time for me to head home

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”