Tooltip Support?

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Tooltip Support?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:08 pm

M.Steiner
This was just an idea I had but how would you guys feel about us having tooltip support here on the forums?
You may be familiar with them from WoW but if you don't know what they are, basically.. Say you wanted to link a piece of armour, weapon, consumable or whatever on the forums. Currently you could do it like this;

1. http://www.torhead.com/item/4NKihz3
2. [ GenoHaradan Agent's Rifle ]
3. [ GenoHaradan Agent's Rifle ]

Third one looks the best and it displays the rifle's quality colour but for all 3 you have to click them and go off-site to see what they actually are.

Having tooltip support would make this possible;

I did think yesterday when I was spending quite a bit of my time exploring the crafting system that one such use for this would be for some of us to keep a thread going listing some of the things we can make. Medpacs, weapons, mods or whatever. Making a list like that when you'd have to open a new tab for each individual item to see the info would be a pain but with tooltips extremely useful. This is just one idea though which we could do later on when we can craft more stuff.

Do any of you guys think they'd be useful for us? and can you see yourself using them if they were available?.
Whilst I personally can imagine myself getting some use out of these I wouldn't want to see them added just because of me, and if nobody else is interested that's cool :). However if there's a chance they'll benefit several others here and they'll actually get used they'd be quite nice to have imo.

They're very simple to use too. All you do is link directly to the item you want the tooltip popup to appear on and wrap the item names text in the colour code needed. (Which I'd post a little tutorial on if these go ahead with all the colours).
So for the [ Heavy Enforcer ] rifle in the image it's just;

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.torhead.com/item/6zwFY87][color=#1b8afa][ Heavy Enforcer ][/color][/url]
(Item url, colour, name). Except the pop-up like in the image will actually work.

So, thoughts? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Tooltip Support?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm

SSX-Andy
I'd certainly go for it.

A nice and easy way to show items.

I say do it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 pm

SSX-Ava
It will prove usefull in listing items that people are able to craft for the guild too, I say go for it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Lee
this'll be another vote in favour. i'd be handy and everyone knows it... :thumb:
Eeks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:24 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll sort this out at some point this week since the votes seem to be in favour :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:17 pm

M.Steiner
kk, ta Anny :)
If there's anyone else who has anything else to add in the mean time please do :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This should now be done for you. Sorry about the delay - I left it till today since I have other admin work I need to do today too :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”