Artifice Levelling Guide

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Artifice Levelling Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Found this and thought those of you who have also taken Artifice as their crafting skill might find it useful :)

http://www.starwarstor-guides.com/artifice.htm

The one thing it doesn't list is where you get the recipes from, but I'm guessing that they must all be available from the trainer as a result. We'll see when I get to 20 and can check I guess, Hopefully it will help people out anyway :)

EDIT: There also looks to be an alternative guide here: http://almarsguides.com/swtor/professio ... tifice.cfm, though the article notes this one is more experimental. Some may find it interesting reading though!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Artifice Levelling Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Lee
i have seen this elsewhere (someone made a spreadsheet and linked from swtor forum)..
it is the same as that list except doesnt give three options for each barrier.

I can also confirm the artifice works pretty welll - i spent all the time sending my droid off collecting and never made anything. blasted to quite a high level in a few hours as i had all the mats. (probably why i couldnt get my speeder when i dinged).

all recipes are from the trainers. nothing needs learning elsewhere.

edit: remember to research your tat (at least 6 ish) to get materials returned and unlock the next level.
green items researched 6 times to a blue - then again to purple. each time getting a few points more and requiring a few extra bits to craft.

edit2: picked up the blue archeology mission (175) from a lockbox before maintenance. when you use one of these mission drops you dont see anything, no messages....
in my case, at 175, it adds a crew mission of that level (its in the middle group of missions 25-30?) so higher missions will appear in higher categories.
there is an unlocked padlock symbol in the upper left of the mission (hence the you unlocked it). the rewards for the mission is almost double others - eg. rich gemstone AND moderate artifact

imagine its the same for other skills.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:00 pm

M.Steiner
Lee wrote:(someone made a spreadsheet and linked from swtor forum)
If you mean this one - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5432
I added it to the useful links sticky just recently too :)

I haven't taken much notice of any crafting leveling guides as of yet, have really just be picking out the schematics I know myself and others in the guild could make use of and then reverse enginnering all of those until I reach the artifact (purple) versions. Quite a cash sink so I've not been doing it constantly. However my Biochem leveling has slowed down now that I'm at 293 so I'll take a proper look at these and see if they speed that up a bit. Ta for the link Anny :thumb:

(Gonna start making a short list of some of the things I can make over the next few days too. Will probably just keep it to the artifact items since those are what I'm aiming to unlock)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Lee wrote:all recipes are from the trainers. nothing needs learning elsewhere.
Thanks for confirmation on this :) Good to know that I won't need to ferret round random mobs hoping for recipe drops or something...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”