Bloodworthy - Republic side

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Bloodworthy - Republic side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 am

SSX-Rain
Greetings exalted one! (YES, I stole that line from one of the movies ; )

SW:TOR is the first game I have come across that lets you play both sides on a PvP server. I was wondering if perhaps we could make a guild on the Republic side aswell. I now have 6 republic chars and 1 sith... Yes I know there was a vote to play sith, I just can not bring myself to do it. The bounty hunter class is cool but I suffer from SEVERE ALTolithis and I enjoy to play alot of chars. I would enjoy alot more to play with your alts if ever you decide to make one. I hope I'm not disturbing any circles by writing this...

May the force be with you!

/ Rain

Re: Bloodworthy - Republic side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

M.Steiner
Honestly?. Right now I would prefer we didn't.
We do have the rule against no multi-clanning on the same server and whilst that doesn't necessarily apply in this case as both guilds would be SSX I would be against the idea for some of the same reasons.
The Sith group we've got going is the best start to a group we've had in many, many years. Right now I would rather we focused on the 1 guild we have and helped to support that grow than for some of us to start another SSX guild on the Republic side on the same server. For some of us to have the odd alt is one thing but creating a second guild would have those involved members splitting their commitment and gaming time between 2 guilds which I don't think is such a great idea, especially not just 4 weeks out of launch.
If others really wanted to create a Republic guild as well I'd personally say "not now but later". Also not on the same server as our Sith guild either imo as it creates a conflict of interest as it is. Plus there would be no way of contact between the two, we'd be asking those members to share character slots between the 2 factions which would leave less available to them for use in the main guild in the future and from a pvp & role-play perspective I don't agree with having a guild in both Empire & Republic on the same server or recruiting for 2 guilds on the same server either. I'd also be worried that if other members started playing their Republic characters as much or more than their Empire ones just what kind of effect that would have on our existing guild and its activity levels and the members who didn't want to roll Republic characters. Lots of reasons really...

Neocron was a pvp game which also allowed players to have characters in multiple factions so TOR isn't the first game several of us have experienced that in. Our NC clan was with the Fallen Angels but many of us took characters through some of the other factions for their faction quests & rewards for example. FA always remained the home of our clan though.

And nope, no circles to step on Rain. Everyone's free to make suggestions even if it turns out that some of us don't agree with them. :thumb:
See what everyone else thinks on the subject anyway as maybe I'll be the only one who thinks this but that would be my stance anyway; Not right this minute but on another server later on if people must, when our main guild has had chance to grow. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Ash
At some point I will be playing Republic to experience the class stories, specifically the Trooper and maybe the Jedi Knight.
This has always been my intention and have two chracters set up on another Euro server,
at the moment though I'm trying to see the Sith side and I need to focus on getting my Hunter to 50.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Chaos
I wouldn't mind making an alternate republic guild sometime in the future just to experience the story lines and such. I actually have a level 12 scoundrel on Jedi Covenant I play from time to time just for a change of pace. I agree with MS if we do it, it should be on a separate server from our empire guild, and we should hold off for a little while.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 pm

suggz
Hi. I am in the same boat as the others... I think for now it would be best to try and get as many of us as we can into one guild of the same faction to keep the activity up and hopefully we can get more guild grouping and flash points. I do think that we should get a republic side going too at some point. I have a lvl 15 trooper on jedi covenant and I would also like to try out the other republic classes but for now I want to try and get my main (bounty hunter) to lvl 50 before I invest time into a diff toon.
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm still not sure I'll ever make a Republic character myself, so my opinion possibly does not weigh as much here, however I think the general line of thinking so far is possibly correct.

I don't see the harm in us making a guild for Republic alts, though whether it should be on the same or a different server is something that I have no real opinion on. That said, I think it's a fair point of MS' that perhaps we should wait a little while until enough time has passed to let the Sith guild bed in - namely when more of us have capped and we've found our feet at endgame. Safeguarding the Sith guild going forward should be our top priority, so we should give it time before we go off starting any 'side projects'.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”