Crew skill changes

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Crew skill changes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

SSX-Andy
Been reading up some from http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild ... -blogging/

Seems like they will overhaul the crew skills quite a bit. Make all viable for end game and,I've from BoP to BoE. Noticed this little thing about BioChem.
Reusable stims will be phased out over time - they will not be upgraded
Seeing how both my main and alt is BioChem (yes for the boost to tanking), if they get rid of the permanent stim boost it seems wiser to change crafting on the tank to one that benefits from the BoP schemes and just make the one use stims on an alt.

Not sure if I like that direction, but if that's where they are heading I'm prepared to follow.

Re: Crew skill changes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Ash
I'm assuming they will go that way with reusable grenades too then.
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: Crew skill changes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

M.Steiner
I didn't like the sound of them phasing the reusables out :(
I've gotten used to not having them on my marauder and just using the pvp medpacs since he is artifice but I've kinda grown reliant on them with my operative. I pop em like sweeties. Maybe they should just give every crew skill some schematics that will be just as useful after hitting 50 as they are whilst you're leveling (which they appear to be doing with 1.2), keeping the reusables for Biochem and then making everything BoE. People still have to be Biochemists to supply them on the GTN and the same for the other crew skills & whatever they had available but then it doesn't incentivize players to go with a specific craft and people can use whatever the hell they want. Then again maybe some people wouldn't bother picking them up at all if they were like that? hmm.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”