My builds

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

My builds

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Ozone
So, I've more or less focused on Hunchbacks as my primary. They manage heat well, can go toe to toe if needed, have decent speed, and are pretty versatile machines. Just managed to save up enough c-bills to purchase my third. Now I can start going for some elite stats - looking forward to that speed boost.

Here's the current builds I'm using, all are pretty darn effective, dropping me into the top half of the boards (most of the time) with 200-400 damage per match.

'Herbie' HBK-4SP
Close in brawler/finisher
84.2KPH
50 firepower
1.32 heat efficient
318/338 armor
Endo-steel structure
260 engine
4 medium lasers (2 in each arm)
2 SRM 6s with Artemis (1 in each torso)
TAG or medium laser in head (TAG if with LRM boats)
I hang around with the big guys with this one, usually running next to an Atlas or such, flanking the front line. SRM/Artemis with the 84KPH speed lets me get in, drop a couple of devestating volleys, then scoot on over the nearest hill. The TAG, if equipped, is linked to the ML group so I light up targets for LRM boats when I hit.

'Chaac' HBK-4J
Long range irritant & LRM support
84.2KPH
46 firepower
1.36 heat efficient
318/338 armor
Endo-steel structure
260 engine
LRM15 with Artemis (left torso)
TAG (left torso)
3 small lasers (left torso)
CASE (left torso)
2 medium lasers (1 on each arm)
I hang back with the LRM boats with this mech, when out of ammo I act as bodyguard or scout and spot with TAG.

'Drive-By' HBK-4H
Stock atm, going to build a fast AC10 (20?) hit and runner for city maps.

'Ankou' CPLT-K2
Medium range assault
49.8KPH
50 firepower
1.28 heat efficient
382/422 armor
Endo-steel structure
200 engine
AC20 x2 (each torso)
Medium laser x2 (each torso)
Fun mech, love running this. I lumber about in the general direction of the objective and blow the living crap outta stuff. The 40 point strike is devestating when landed, the 4 second recharge and limited ammo insists that every shot has to count. There's no better in game feeling than one shotting and disintigrating a light mech whos been running about you like a fecking laser armed mosquito. Had a commando the other night irritating the hell outta me, he ran in front of my cannons and his head exploded, dropping him in his tracks. Ahhhhh.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, or builds to share?
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: My builds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Chimera
"Apache" CPLT-C1 (Founder)
Role: Ranged
82.3KPH (Speed Tweak)
65 firepower
1.33 heat efficient
358/422 armor
Endo-steel structure
300 XL engine
2 Large Lasers (RT, LT)
Double-Heat Sinks
2 LRM-15 + Artemis (LA, RA)
1 JJ (CT)
1 Beagle Active Probe (RT)
5 Tons of LRM ammo (/w CASE)

This is what I roll with the highest frequency. Its a standard LRM boat but is considerably faster than a Stalker but more durable than a Trebuchet. The Large Lasers also give me some direct-fire capability with a bit more oomph than you would expect to see on an LRM boat and I have enough heat-sinks that I rarely over-heat. The only thing its truly lacking is a TAG, and like all Catapults, the arms are prime targets to get shot off.

"Ralph" AS7-D-DC
Role: Armor + ECM capability
48.6 KPH
75 firepower
1.3 heat efficient
604/608 armor
Endo-steel structure
300 standard engine
1 ER PPC (RA)
1 AC-20 (with 3 tons of ammo) RT
3 SRM-6 (with 3 tons of ammo) LT
Double-Heat Sinks
CASE
Guardian ECM suite (RT)
1 Anti-missile system (LA)

I've been using this more in the team matches I've been playing with, as an ECM-capable mech is quite favored in matches. This bastard is slow, and is quite susceptible to light mechs running circles around it if its caught alone, but in a slugging match it'll knock down dang near anything. The ER PPC gives it direct range capability (along with the anti-ECM properties) that has more reach than anything else in the game (save maybe the Gauss). The primary problem is that it can over-heat easily, so once I'm in short-range combat I rely on the SRMs and AC-20 near exclusively.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 am

Ozone
Rgarding the 'Drive-By' build.
I mounted an Ultra-AC5, fraggin love it.
2 tons, 1 heat, 5 damage, 75 shots per ton, 1.1 sec cool down.
The quick cooldown allows pretty quick firing, but, you can double tap to get a shot off during cool down, though there is a 25% jam possibility with a 4 sec clear.
Thinking about buying a multi ballistic hardpoint mec to mount 2 or 3 of these.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am

Ozone
Rgarding the 'Drive-By' build.
I mounted an Ultra-AC5, fraggin love it.
2 tons, 1 heat, 5 damage, 75 shots per ton, 1.1 sec cool down.
The quick cooldown allows pretty quick firing, but, you can double tap to get a shot off during cool down, though there is a 25% jam possibility with a 4 sec clear.
Thinking about buying a multi ballistic hardpoint mec to mount 2 or 3 of these.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Chimera
If you can get three UAC 5's, you can essentially chain-fire them all day and never get a weapon jam. Those and the AC/20 are well worth their weight, the other autocannon's maybe not so much. The Gauss Rifle is really great for making headshots but man the HP is low on those things. IMO they work best on mobile mechs (Cat K2 and the Phract, I never put them on my Atlas).
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”