Premium Time

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Premium Time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So what does premium time get you and is it worth it?

What else is there that you can buy and is worth it? The main website is pretty thin when it comes to the actually paying for stuff portion. I'm going to give this a go with KB&M again and see how it goes. I've been too lazy to get an adapter for my joystick and I hate playing KB&M.

Re: Premium Time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Chimera
Premium time will get you bonuses to XP and C-bills earned for all mechs you pilot. I only used the premium time that came with when I was a founder and I haven't bought any more. It was very useful when I was just starting out and I didn't yet know what kind of mechs I liked.

You can also buy premium mechs, the hero models and so forth. These can only be purchased with MC (which you buy with real money). They have better initial loadouts, and often some unique features. You also earn more XP and C-bills when you are piloting these mechs. Other things you can buy include paint jobs (which are usually mech specific) and colors (which I don't think are mech specific but don't quote me). If you don't feel like grinding C-bills to pay for mechs you can buy them outright with MC, or power level your mechs if you don't feel like grinding XP. You also use MC to expand your mech bay (you start with four) so you can have more battlemechs. With the exception of hero mechs, the mechbays, and the highest tier consumables, you can buy all of these things with in-game currency and not spend a dime.

Remember that for the first 25 matches you get a cadet bonus, meaning you get a substantial amount of C-bills after every match. This is to help you buy your own mech if you don't have one. Otherwise you'll be stuck in the trial mechs (that you cannot customize).

I'd help you out financially but of course you can't transfer C-bills (or anything else).
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: Premium Time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 am

Ozone
As Chim said, when you begin playing you earn 'c-bills' at the end of each match. It's the in-game currency that you can use to purchase mechs and equipment. Be careful though. I made the mistake of seeing loads of c-bills coming in, used them to quickly purchase and upgrade a mech which i couldn't run well, and then couldn't afford a decent mech Until much, much grind. Save the bills, try loads of trial mechs (which give you a test run but do not earn experience), decide what you like, then drop the bills on something you can use and build off of.

One important point - Premium is bought with real cash and gives you a decent bonus allowing you to earn a good amount of c-bills and experience in a short amount of time. BUT, before you purchase, make sure you have some time to devote to game. Once activated it runs down whether the game is running or not, a day bought expires exactly 24 real world hours later.

Drop me a line when you're in, game name is 'Ozone'
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”