The free game offer

Tuning llama frequency...

Moderator: Global Moderators

The free game offer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 pm

M.Steiner
E-mails are starting to go out now I believe (haven't received mine yet) but all the details can be found here.

The games we can pick from are:
  • Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
I was hoping Dead Space 3 would be one of them so I will likely choose that I think xD
Wasn't overly looking forward to playing it but since I have played the first 2 games I did plan on getting it at some point. It released around the same time as Ni No Kuni though so I hadn't actually bought it yet heh.

Either that or NFS:MW I think, haven't decided yet. Already own Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3 and SimCity 4 DE and not really interested in the others tbh.

What would be really nice ofc would be a working SimCity, but at least this saves me buying something I already planned on getting.
How about you guys? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: The free game offer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 am

SL33PY
BF3

NFS got really bad user reviews, at least BF's user reviews on metacritic were above average

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm

M.Steiner
I decided on Dead Space 3 in the end. It was the only game of the bunch that I didn't already own and intended on buying myself regardless so saved myself some money there. I know some people out there didn't reckon much to the list but I for one appreciated the gesture, thanks EA :)
NFS:MW was tempting since Hot Pursuit was decent enough but if I hadn't been offered it for free I probably wouldn't have bought it like I would DS3. Also MW may not have been as bad as some of those reviews made it out to be tbh. We all know that SimCity is a great game, it just needs fixing up and some of its features turned back on. But if I based my purchase on the metacritic user reviews (or amazon) for it I'd have never bought it heh.

Speaking of fixing, and in reply to your comment on IRC last night since you'd gone when I returned Anny:
nah, not buying it until they fix it
if they never do, then I'll have wasted no money
We already know they've been working on fixes Anny. The traffic fix has already been completed and is coming in a "big patch" along with a bunch of other (unmentioned) stuff. It's going through QA right now.
They've also said that the rollbacks are another top priority for them and that these were being worked on too, maybe they're even in this next patch as well? Either way we know they're working on it and we know several stuff is already on the way.
So why not grab your copy of the game before next week and get in on the free game offer in the process? If you truely believe Maxis would never fix the game they have just spent years developing then you're delusional mate, what do you take them for?. Go get yourself a freebie whilst you can and just leave the game installed for when these patches hit man. You've got nothing to lose, only the free game you could have gotten if you decide not to :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Speaking of fixing, and in reply to your comment on IRC last night since you'd gone when I returned Anny:
nah, not buying it until they fix it
if they never do, then I'll have wasted no money
We already know they've been working on fixes Anny. The traffic fix has already been completed and is coming in a "big patch" along with a bunch of other (unmentioned) stuff. It's going through QA right now.
They've also said that the rollbacks are another top priority for them and that these were being worked on too, maybe they're even in this next patch as well? Either way we know they're working on it and we know several stuff is already on the way.
So why not grab your copy of the game before next week and get in on the free game offer in the process? If you truely believe Maxis would never fix the game they have just spent years developing then you're delusional mate, what do you take them for?. Go get yourself a freebie whilst you can and just leave the game installed for when these patches hit man. You've got nothing to lose, only the free game you could have gotten if you decide not to :p
I can think of other devs who have claimed that, or even sincerely tried to do that, but ended up failing.

I don't mean to insult Maxis or the game by saying it, but at the end of the day intentions don't always produce results. I'll wait until the results are in players' hands before I give them my money.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:56 pm

M.Steiner
Patch 1.7 has just gone live peeps.
Adds improvements to car traffic routing, as well as the ability to destroy those lingering filler buildings. The team is still hard at work resolving other gameplay issues.

Update 1.7
  • Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
  • Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
  • Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
  • All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
  • Performance improvements for low spec systems.
  • New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)!
I'm sure many will be happy with this as the traffic issues were one of the major issues with the game.
Still more to come ofc but off to a good start I'd say :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Kon
Got Mass Effect 3. I played the first game upon release on the Xbox. Never got around to the second as I had neither an Xbox or a good enough PC at the time. Just picked it up for $7, along with some other stuff. Used my $20 Amazon credit, so on the whole, preordering Sim City wasn't such a bad deal after all.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “SimCity”