To those of you with ships

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

To those of you with ships

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:04 am

M.Steiner
BD & I have been playing together on a regular basis now, Kahn too every now and then. But that's all so far.
Would it be a good idea for us to try and schedule some weekly games at all? to try and get more of us in there?. I'm thinking either Sat/Sun (or both), maybe late(ish) evening GMT so that it's as friendly as possible for both EU/US?.

Just thinking that we have a game sitting right here, which several of us have backed, doesn't require a subscription fee and whilst not 100% complete yet, is perfectly playable. Seems silly not to get in there as a group, have fun together and get used to using our ships, no? :thumb:

So how about it? I mean, we don't have to start scheduling shit (just drop by IRC and see if we're around for a game or two like we have been doing) but since nobody else has come to join us yet I figured it might be a good start. Thoughts? :)

[Edit: Or can a lot of you guys just not run the game at all?]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: To those of you with ships

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Like I've said before, weeknights are broadly bad for me. I'm also busy at weekends sometimes, but you've more of a chance of catching me available then. Just shout really in IRC at me and if I'm around and not busy I'll reply.

I've no idea how the game will run on my system though, as whilst I've got it installed now I've not tried it yet. I'll have to make some time to do that soon just so I can gauge performance.

Having said the above, I should also note that I won't be wanting to play too much. The last thing I want to do is play loads and get sick of it before the full game actually goes live, so while I'll play the odd game or two when I'm free I won't be looking to play every week or every day like you guys have until much closer to launch.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:44 pm

M.Steiner
Which is why I suggested weekends :)
Also remember that Arena Commander is like a game within a game, so even if you did get sick of playing that it's just that little part of the game. It's not the FPS, planetside content, squadron 42 or the persistent universe when it all comes together. Just AC.

Anyway, it's up to you guys. We're a gaming community at the end of the day and all I'm trying to do is encourage group play which we could really do with. It's not like we're swamped with group games right now and as I say, we have one sitting right here which plenty of us already have access to and could play together for free. Seems silly not to but I can only try...

[Edit: Sorry if I come across as whiny btw. Just that I've tried and failed to get a few things going now (BF4, WildStar, BF Hardline beta just recently...). SC seems like a safe bet when the interest is already there and many have backed it is all. Long before I did too, hell, the only reason I even said i'd try SC myself was because of the group. Assuming others can play it ofc, this is golden opportunity really. To be fair though (and I said the same on IRC). BD & Kahn can't run the game amazingly well either but they've still been playing :)]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm

M.Steiner
Well, since it's just you atm Anny.
You're clearly very busy so trying to get some games going by just asking on IRC at random is probably not the best way forward. I mean, I'll still poke ya every now and then to see (no harm in asking right?) but that's what we've been doing since the 7th and you've not been able to join us yet (which is fine, nm :)). I also don't want to come across as nagging so I'll always be wary of that and probably start asking less and less. Methinks it's probably better if we arrange something in advance tbh. I don't mean X time every Xday each week or anything just to be clear. Only reason I suggested the weekly scheduling was because we've done similar stuff before as a way of getting people together, like with the weekly fishing in FFXI and our flashpoint grouping in TOR. We'll just work it a session at a time though, as and when you want/are able.

So, idea. Find some time to get in there on your own for 5, reduce your settings to what BD suggested this weekend, check out the controls and really just get a general feel for it so you're not going in completely blind. Then come back and name a date and time which will work for you and we'll see how that fits in for us too. How does that sound?. The ball is in your court then, pretty much :)

Side note for everyone btw
dvc2.jpg
dvc2.jpg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 10501 times
Which is 9pm tonight for me.
BD and I will be trying it so if anyone else wants to tag along you know where to find us. The vid I recorded of the first event has already become our most viewed vid on YouTube so I plan to record this one too. Would be nice to have more of us present in there but not to worry if not :thumb:

[Edit: Noone? Oh well. One can't say I didn't try, again.]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Futile Resistance
I suppose Sleepy's PM to everyone worked cause (I checked the boards!) I backed it but "played" back when it was only the hanger module.

I'll go install it and give Arena whirl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:54 am

Ash
M.Steiner wrote: Which is 9pm tonight for me.
BD and I will be trying it so if anyone else wants to tag along you know where to find us. The vid I recorded of the first event has already become our most viewed vid on YouTube so I plan to record this one too. Would be nice to have more of us present in there but not to worry if not :thumb:
MS/ BD How did that go tonight?

FR - great to see you, I also got the PM but have been semi lurking.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:28 am

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:MS/ BD How did that go tonight?
Had a couple of hiccups like BD getting sent back to the lobby after trying to load into a game but the servers managed to stay up this time so that's a plus lol. Good fun though but I do still need a lot of practice when it comes to going up against other players.
I uploaded a vid of the matches I played from it here:
Best AC match I've had so far was this weekend:
I'm still consciously reminding myself to use decoupled mode but whilst I get how and when to use it now, I'm not quite there yet where I'm using it naturally. Getting there though!
Strafing is something which I'm just starting to use a little of (you'll notice odd bits in the last vid). Like when I'm going head-on towards someone and they're firing straight at me, I've been trying a bit there. Same situations where I've strafed to dodge their ship. Trying to strafe and fire on the 360 pad ain't easy though so that's about all I've been doing so far. Once I become accustomed to the new HOTAS and pedals I'll be trying to work that into my play a bit more though.

And hiya, Fut!. Which ship(s) do you have dude? Anything fancy? ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:27 am

Whizbang
When time stops being a commodity I'll probably be able to start playing SC. I did patch up my game over the weekend but then life got in the way and I had to pick and choose my time at the PC....

Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “Star Citizen”