Just in case I never made it official

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Just in case I never made it official

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:50 am

Stracius
I wash my hands clean of them. Somewhat short post, but for anyone who doesn't wanna hear anymore talk about the SSC, don't read any further.

I got a bit curious today about that last little split their WoW division had, and I read up on a couple things. Partly because I never really said I quit them, and the other part because I was feeling slightly masochistic :P

Anyway, I came across a little gem of a thread about a member that was Inactive in their WoW div, and was pissed because he had been stripped of all access (division, possibly more). I thought to myself, "Whoah, wtf have I seen this before. Oh Yeah, it happened to me! And I bitched about it, and someone there told me off saying it wasn't their policy to strip access from inactive members. And I quote: "Stracius' assumption about our general membership policy and access to Division private forums is a recent example." and then when I asked,: "I cannot say for certain, but I do know we don't have a policy for removing people who go inactive in a game like WoW - even though the idea was floated and ultimately not employed." "

And I continued reading the thread and came across this:
"If you're simply "inactive" because you're not playing as much, or you got busy in another game and still *can* play WoW, then access shouldn't be a problem."

Followed almost immediately by a post stating this:
"If you plan on playing WoW again, then I got no problem restoring your forum access."

I'll let you guess at the authors as I'm sure anyone that was in the SSC can quickly/automatically figure it out. Btw, this inactive person seems to have been a bit quicker about noticing this problem, as he immediately picked up and left. Quicker in the head than me, anyway.

Soooo, seems either something's really buggered up, or I was right in the first place. It is policy. Either way, I wash my hands of them. Yeah, I'm pissed :smack: . But I got a damn right to be. I was lied to, end of story. I'm done. Sorry for any dredging up this might have caused for any of you, but I did give warning. And I had to bitch about it to someone. I just don't care to do it over there anymore. Yes I'm sure any one of you could've warned me about it, and probably did at some point, but...

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" -DoW quote. I'm starting to agree with that. I'm also beginning to think that Hope and Denial are the same damn thing.

Oh, and you know what? This post IS "meant to be indicative of the policies of the SSC, or members of the SSC in any way" Damn the torpedos, and I'm tired of being diplomatic with people anymore. rar :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:58 pm

BlackDove
This isn't all that surprising or should I say, this isn't anything we didn't know before.

I think you should think of it as... one less obstacle down the road. That's pretty much it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Inquisitor
I'd take it up with Risen. The SSC forums might be a good place to post that, if you still have any kind of access.

-edit-
Sorry, precoffee response, missed the "not taking it up over there anymore" bit.

Vent away in IRC mon amis.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature

Re: Just in case I never made it official

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:29 pm

Padishar
Ok will be up front and honest about this... it would be really easy for me to take an jab at old wounds right now, but this....
actually makes me a bit sad. :(

I know, I know.....
I have a ton of anger and crap'd on feelings left over from the old days and am not always the best about keeping my mouth shut about it, but that doesn't mean there wasn't still this small inkling of...
I don't know. Not hope... maybe the tiniest of chances that there was still a thing or two from the past still salvagable (or fixable) over there.
A piece of the past that still bridged... positive possibilities.
Something I wasn't seeing (or willing to see) that Stracius did.

An old quote by you seems appropriate:
Stracius wrote: If you want something so badly, you *will* hold onto it long after it's gone. Denial is like that.
When the shit hit the fan back then you were often one of the few voices of 'reason' that were truly unbiasedly trying to help.
You really jumped in head first and had a way of cutting thru all the BS.....

It is sad to see another chapter of that old book close, negatively.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:14 pm

BlackDove
I fail to remember any "Bias" or "BS". Or for that matter "Unbias".

People did unacceptable things and imposed unacceptable rules >
Some wanted to hold those people accountable, others didn't >
Those who wanted accountability and justice and didn't get it, left >
Others followed (almost everyone).

There was no Bias or BS. Just what you were willing to put up with.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:03 am

Stracius
I considered it quiz, but decided against it. I thought about it a bit after I signed off last night, and I think I know why. About half of my frustration is from being lied to. The other half is the realization that whatever work (as little as it may have been) I put into trying to keep that place sane was wasted. Posting this over there would just be me further trying to work on the same thing. And I know it would just be in vain. I've given up hope on them, and have no more desire to waste my time on something or someone I don't believe in.

So, when I consider all the time a lot of you guys put into that group, I think I have the tiniest inkling of what you guys went through with the split. Or maybe I just have a tendancy to pour my heart and soul into something I believe in. Or maybe a bit of both.

And BD, if there wasn't BS over there, then I waded through a lot of something that I remember smelled remarkably similar ;)

edit:: spell error
Last edited by Stracius on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:09 am

Padishar
Much of what you (BD) have just summized is partially (mostly) true of the cause and effect of those who left. It does not cover what I was speaking about however.

For instance:
It does not encapsulate everything that occured both then and for years.
It doesn't cover everyone involved.
Nor does it describe those on the sidelines both trying to make sense of what was going on and only seeing the heat and flames of the aftermath.
Those having to deal with one sided propoganda after you left is not covered either.
Nor cover those who were not just 'leaving' but who were actually trying to do the right thing and bring the justice you gave up on.

Stracius was one of those unbiasedly trying to help and heal the SSC, my quote earlier was actually from an old thread were he was both cutting thru the BS and giving a nonbiased opinion on a topic that was being onesided to the public by your advisaries.
Most of which you probubly don't remember as you had already cut your losses and moved on from the SSC long before.

Ok nuff talking about the subject my head hurts now :sweat:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:04 am

BlackDove
Oh I read that thread. I chose not to touch it though, mostly because of the heavily retarded inside it. I would have been intellecutally damaged to actually try and talk to an audience that contains Lonestar.

But let's go over your list:

1. Yes it does. Whatever the individual buildup to the overflow, in the end it all ended up being the same thing.
2. It doesn't need to. The judgement was passed after we took action, and the choice was there to be made. Everyone chose common sense and came here.
3. The people on the sidelines were the people who didn't want to pass judgement and direct consequences for unacceptable actions. Most of those people spoke happy happy thoughts trying to do well for the SSC as an institution. Therein being the failing, considering the fact that the SSC by itself is nothing, the people in it are.
4. Wasn't my problem to deal with nor my "BS". That "BS" that originated there was easily avoided, considering it was quite simply the aftermath of a bitter side that failed.
5. And again, it doesn't need to. You people should have taken the hint when Inquisitor and I gave it up, arguably the two people who gave most of ourselves to that place. Whoever didn't want to face facts - it was their problem and their fault.

It's really simple that way.

You need to understand something, which relates to your last point. There are no:
those who were not just 'leaving' but who were actually trying to do the right thing and bring the justice you gave up on.
All justice left that place when Inquisitor, Killjoy (he left earlier, though that day, those were the five names that closed the chapter), Saad, Fahd and I left. The minute that we left, we locked the possibility of there EVER being justice done in that place. It was over. Anyone who remained behind to deal with the wrongs we left for, was just simply wasting their time. Any words spoken after that were empty, and they can never accomplish anything.

Lucky enough, they didn't need to. That night we chose the new path, and all did the difficult. We left it behind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:08 am

Messiah
BlackDove wrote:All justice left that place when Inquisitor, Killjoy (he left earlier, though that day, those were the five names that closed the chapter), Saad, Fahd and I left. The minute that we left, we locked the possibility of there EVER being justice done in that place. It was over. Anyone who remained behind to deal with the wrongs we left for, was just simply wasting their time. Any words spoken after that were empty, and they can never accomplish anything.
Careful, BD. You might be taken the wrong way in this. There were plenty of good people interested in justice and accountablility who were not in the 'first five to leave'. Being first doesn't make you the best, and it doesn't make anyone else less sincere or honest in their decision. I would recommend less self aggrandizement to preserve the spirit of community without elitism.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:10 am

Inquisitor
Let's relegate this to IRC, no sense baiting anyone.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:42 am

BlackDove
I had a fairly long reply to that Messiah, but I agree with Ed, so we can keep the interesting tidbits for IRC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Inquisitor
Gonna leave this here in Members.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Gryphon
I had a huge reply to this.

Then I thought, why pick the scab. Other people have cool ones I can look at, why bother with my own.

Accepted, moved on, happy. See other peoples viewpoints, accpet them, Happy.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:06 am

Saad
Sometimes nothing changes....

P.S. Hello SSX Comrades! :)
SSX - Because we dispensed the rhetoric.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:11 am

BlackDove
So you are alive, aren't you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:27 am

Stracius
yesh, he made a reference stating that he was so when he popped into irc and scared us all earlier ;D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:05 pm

BlackDove
Yeah, I see him, he's still in there, albeit in a coma.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:57 am

SSX-Killjoy
So we found Saad, but where is Fahd?
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

Return to “Members”