@Inquisitor - request for a list of practical arbiter duties

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

@Inquisitor - request for a list of practical arbiter duties

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm

esd
So the nominations are up, and I'm on the list. Before I even consider whether or not to remain on the list I need to know exactly what it is that the arbiter does. I'd imagine this'd be useful to others who may be wondering if remaining as a nominee is what they want, too. It'd go towards making the role of Arbiter more publically accountable, too - which is never a bad thing :)

So, what do you actually do on a practical level? Could you give a couple of examples (suitably disguised to protect anonymity)? That way I and others can make an educated decision :)
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:01 pm

Inquisitor
I attempt to resolve disputes. If someone does something that another person gets upset about, there's some chatting involved.

If a group goes off the rails, I try and help them back on (not always successfully).

Helping folks figure out what tools they need to succeed.

Uber-Global moderator.

Making a detailed list would be challenging. In this capacity, people often see me as the "guy in charge" so its as much to have a "face" attached to the organization as a whole.
No signature

Return to “Members”