Arbiter Nominations 2008

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Arbiter Nominations 2008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yes, it's that time again. Since my grand evil scheme for the year did not reach the 'abolish democracy and rule over you all without question' stage, everyone gets their say on the matter of Arbiter for 08/09.

I'm sure we're all pretty familiar with how it works by now. Everyone can nominate up to 2 people, and those people who are nominated twice get onto the ballot. You can still nominate someone who is already on the ballot, but effectively it makes no difference - they're already on the ballot after all.

Nominations will run for a week to a week and a half, to give everyone time to nominate their candidates. There will then be a break for a few days, as the candidates will be asked to make a post about themselves and why they would/would not make a good Arbiter - as was done last year. Following that, we will vote.

Think through your nominations wisely everyone.

Currently On The Ballot
Anubis
Padishar
SSX-MS
Stracius (A vote for this candidate will be a vote for a 9 month term, following an extension of 3 months to the current Arbiter's term)
Inquisitor
Last edited by Anubis on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm

BlackDove
I don't think anyone cares anymore. Keep it. Keep it forever.

Die with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:09 pm

esd
Anny and Messiah.
BlackDove wrote:I don't think anyone cares anymore. Keep it. Keep it forever.

Die with it.
Oh shush you. :p
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Inquisitor
Anny and Padishar though Anny has done a superb job.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Fenavian
I nombinate Pad. (Yes I mispelt that on purpose.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:Anny and Padishar though Anny has done a superb job.
Thanks ;) Although to be fair there haven't been any large disasters to cause major problems for once this year.

Also, a certain BD forgot to take his Anti-Grumpy pills again I see :p

As for myself, my nominations are MS and Stracius.

I feel both would be good choices. Strac as he has earned my attention through his impressive comments and presence on the forum in recent months, along with his heading up of the LOTRO group for a while after membership dropped. And MS as he is always a great help to me on IRC should I need help with anything, be it advice or some work, and a very level headed guy. Both would be very good picks imo.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Futile Resistance
Anny and MS.

I'd throw Pad on there, but I've got a hunch that he's busy :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:40 pm

Padishar
I nominate Stracius and MS as well.

Stracius has always had a very cool head on his shoulders, has the candor and cut through the bs mentality needed for any 'troubles' that may need attention.
MS is always at the for front, either leading or helping out folks get started and involved (even in games he doesn't even play).

I think both are great level headed guys who are always at the front of the community.
Assuming either want the job of course.

On that same topic, for being his 1st term,
I would like to say Anny has done a very great job the past year :thumb:

Futile Resistance wrote: Anny and MS.

I'd throw Pad on there, but I've got a hunch that he's busy :D
Veeeeery busy,

Though would still accept it,
if we can hold mandatory nak'd Thursdays,
but not the 1st or 3rd Thursday of the every month because that is reserved for
helping lead folks down a slippery sloped razor edged path of former transgressions,
and every other Thursday is out as well due to proper community health regulatory wiping technique lessons while eating....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Messiah
Stracius.

And Anny. He has done a fine job. BD might be right. Perhaps we should just chain him to the wheel right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Padishar wrote:Veeeeery busy,

Though would still accept it,
if we can hold mandatory nak'd Thursdays,
Not sure whether to take that as a withdrawal, a serious "I'll still stay in despite being busy", or a complete joke. Could you clarify Pad? :lol:

And thanks to you (Edit: and Mess) too for the praise ;)

As for 'chaining me to the wheel' so to speak. I mentioned my thoughts on this on IRC when BD first made his post. Personally, even if we do not has as many active groups as we have done in the past right now, it is my strong opinion that so long as we have people still here we should be keeping up the process of appointing the Arbiter.

I am perfectly happy to keep going if re-elected, but I am a firm believer that even if the 08/09 Arbiter has literally nothing special to do for the whole year, the process itself of electing him is an important one in terms of both involvinhg the community, and freshening up the faith placed in the Arbiter. Things change a lot over the course of a year, even if perceptively little happens - people may well feel that the Arbiter has been taking the wrong approach to his role at the end of 12 months, or has not conducting himself in the appropriate manner, and it is my belief that the community should *always* be given an opportunity to use their voice should they wish to do so. People get complacent if they are allowed to stagnate in their power with no accountability at the end of the road - that's something we should seek to avoid at all costs, and regular elections are the sensible way to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:11 pm

Messiah
I agree Anny. The process is important even if the results never change.

Iwas just having fun with you. Really, when I said we should chain you to the wheel, I meant that we should chain you to the wheel, scuttle the ship, and send you to the locker with it.

;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Messiah wrote:I agree Anny. The process is important even if the results never change.

Iwas just having fun with you. Really, when I said we should chain you to the wheel, I meant that we should chain you to the wheel, scuttle the ship, and send you to the locker with it.

;)
Oh, right. In which case, you made the list :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Inquisitor
No withdrawals. If nominated, he should stand :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:07 am

Stracius
Inquisitor wrote:No withdrawals. If nominated, he should stand :)
Oi, good thing I stuck my head in here at the last minute (and did a double take when I glanced at the current ballot, I might add). I might've come back in three months time and found out I was elected for something, and had been sorely negligant of my duties :lol:

Thanks for the support, and feel free to vote, but I won't be around much for the immediate future. No computer to haul with me over to Ireland ;) Just a warning!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Magdalena
Inquisitor wrote:No withdrawals. If nominated, he should stand :)
In that case, I nominate Inquisitor. Somebody decided to give him time off while I was gone, but I didn't approve it so back to work :P :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Stracius wrote:Thanks for the support, and feel free to vote, but I won't be around much for the immediate future. No computer to haul with me over to Ireland ;) Just a warning!
Ah, no PC at all? I was assuming you'd just not be able to MMO a lot. Shame, but there is always next year I suppose! I will take you off the ballot, as I think that despite Ed's objections not being able to fulfill the role for 3 months counts as a good reason to withdraw ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Inquisitor
I'd say that if he were elected, that just means a short extension for you Anny. That should figure into people's votes ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
After chatting to Ed about it a bit on IRC, I've put Strac back on the ballot with the additional note that a vote for him will be a vote for a 9 month term only, with the current Arbiter (myself) being granted a 3 month extension of his current term to compensate for this.

I am not entirely convinced that it's the best thing admittedly, but Ed's convinced me that it will most likely do no harm in the long run provided we make the situation as clear as possible on the ballot.

We'll see how this one goes ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:56 am

SSX Fahd
Anny, and Quiz :).
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Nominations are now closed for the year. De-stickying this. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Before the actual vote itself, you can learn a bit more about your candidates here: http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... hp?p=54401

Return to “Members”