I was hacked .......

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

I was hacked .......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

Ozany
if you receive an email from debbndaryl@hotmail.com at 5:27PM today EST, do not open it, just delete it. Apparently my facebook account was hacked or some crap and they were able to get into my hotmail from there. I have since changed my account pw's and am working on the full systems scans on that computer at this time.

Re: I was hacked .......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 am

Stracius
Easier to hack facebook/hotmail accounts than your computer, unless you specifically opened an attached file which was infected. I wouldn't worry much about the drive, but no idea what to do about the online part :confused: ... I think only their admins/techs can take care of stuff more than just a basic pword change. Shoot the support staff for both sites an email.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Ozany
Yeah, looks more like one or more of the facebook applications I had been invited to by friends or family may have been responsible. I have since gone back into facebook and deleted the apps in question or removed the email access options to the best of my ability. So far, no further emails have been sent out.

I am continuing to monitor the situation on my end, but suspect it was just a app gone wrong vice a hacking.

Ozany

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Stracius
Is your hotmail address the one you listed when you signed up to facebook? Do/did you use the same password to log into both your email and facebook? Other than that, I can't think of any other way a FB app could've gotten access to your email account. Strange. I wonder if it just hijacked your listed email address as a mask for the real origin of the email, to get those you know to open it. Did everyone in your hotmail account address book get an email, or just those that you have friended in FB?

If it's the former, I'd discount any issues hotmail (though you may want to change your listed email address). If it's the latter, then I'd worry a bit.

And tell your wife to stop joining every App under the sun :lol: Contrary to popular belief, quite a few *are* malicious, as you've come to find.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:18 am

Ozany
They sent to everyone in the hotmail addy book.

It wasn't my wife that got me on the bad list, it was my aunt, if its the app i think that caused it (Farmville super gifts) she wanted me to try it and see if I had any problems with it since she was not able to get it to work.

They have different PW's, what do you think I am, stupid :-)

Ozany

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 am

Thunderbird
Ozany wrote:It wasn't my wife that got me on the bad list, it was my aunt, if its the app i think that caused it (Farmville super gifts) she wanted me to try it and see if I had any problems with it since she was not able to get it to work.
I smell a scam app. I've heard Farmville has a lot of those.

Return to “Members”