Screenshot System Revamped

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Screenshot System Revamped

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
*points up to the title* :)

Since we moved to our new webserver, myself and MS have been working on a variety of projects with the aim of improving upon and expanding the functionality of the website. Today we're happy to announce the launch of the first of those projects - a revamp of our Screenshot System.

We've replaced the old 'popup' system of browsing our screenshots with a Lightbox system for both the "Screenshot of the Day" and the Gallery itself. The size of image thumbnails have been increased alongside this in order to bring them into 'widecreen format', and the means of switching between different Groups' screenshots within the Gallery has also been completely redeveloped allowing for much easier browsing and filtering down to what you want to look at.

We've also dug around and unearthed some new screenshots that were not included in the old system - all of which have now been added into the Gallery. There are 155 new images, bringing the Gallery to a count of 591 images in total divided amongst our respective groups.

For those unaware, the Gallery can be reached here. All feedback on the new system is, as always, most welcome. Post it here if you have any, whether it's merely a comment, a bug that we've missed, or a suggestion for further improvements :)

Thanks go to MS for his help on this project, both in working to produce our new thumbnails and providing images/design assistance where necessary.

For now, I hope you enjoy the revamped Gallery. Keep your eyes open in the next few weeks though - as I say, we do have several other projects that should be rearing their heads sometime soon!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Screenshot System Revamped

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:07 am

Isileth
That is a massive improvement, really appreciate the work being put in by you guys. Site has taken a huge step forward recently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:That is a massive improvement, really appreciate the work being put in by you guys. Site has taken a huge step forward recently.
Thanks Isi :) Glad to hear you like it, and hopefully progress will continue to roll onwards with our other projects which will hopefully in turn be viewed just as positively.

The new server has helped a lot, in terms of enabling me to do development work a lot more easily as well as giving me the drive to take on fairly major projects such as this in order to generally improve the state of certain things around the website (some of which, such as this, you'll see visible benefit from and some of which are more backend oriented - such as the code restructuring that is ongoing within the main site in order to improve efficiency and maintainability).

Nice to hear that others feel it's making a difference too :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 am

Kon
This is actually really awesome. The old screenshot galleries were just awful.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “Members”