Proposed Moderator Changes

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Proposed Moderator Changes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isi raised the prospect of refreshing the Moderation lists in the Bot thread, and I feel this warrants a little discussion before we do anything.

Basically, the moderator lists have remained static for a very long time now because we have gotten very good at policing ourselves - there hasn't realistically been a NEED for new moderators in a long time because we haven't really had anything that they would need to moderate that wasn't already being handled by the Moderator/Administrative team! That said, whilst we may not necessarily need new moderators, it would do no harm to refresh the list a little regardless at this point I feel (no need for completely flushing them out at this point though, as some are still active as ever). Especially since it hasn't been looked at for maybe 4/5 years.

At this point, I think it perhaps makes sense for us to limit this to the Global Moderator and General Forum groups though - simply because I think that the "per group" moderation groups are still as appropriate now as they were when they were last updated. Or at the very least we have recieved no suggestions to the contrary.

As such, I propose the following changes to the Global Moderators group based upon posting activity, visibility within the community, and demonstrated ability to identify content requiring moderation despite being unable to do anything about it.

ADD Mechanus (as Group Leader, since he's now Arbiter - thus meaning Inquisitor will be demoted to Group Member)
ADD Isileth

REMOVE esd

Similarly, I propose the following changes to the General Forum Moderators group for the same reasons:

ADD Slacker

REMOVE Syro

Comments, suggestions of other changes, or arguments as to why the other groups should also be updated are welcome. If there are no objections, I'll make these changes some time next week.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Proposed Moderator Changes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 pm

M.Steiner
From the bot thread before I saw this thread;
M.Steiner wrote:
Isileth wrote:Side note since the arbiter election is now over, time to refresh the moderators? Contains a few who aren't really active much anymore.
Yes, imo.
I actually posted about this earlier on in the year but I kept forgetting to chase it up with Strac after he hadn't spotted my reminder post, my fault though. Syro for example hasn't posted in 2 years yet is still a moderator for the general forum. That being said there hasn't been much of a need for moderation recently so it didn't seem majorly important at the time, however TOR is only 68 days away, less if you include early access so I should think we could probably do with them in the near future. Things are likely (I'm hoping) gonna get more active around here from that point on.

[Edit - Just spotted Anny's thread]
Anny wrote:simply because I think that the "per group" moderation groups are still as appropriate now as they were when they were last updated. Or at the very least we have recieved no suggestions to the contrary.
Anime forum moderators
I'd rotate;
SSX-Hawk (Last post 2009) & Serberus (Last post feb 2011)

with any 2 people here; Stracius, Avapops, Kahn, Mech & Fen. (I would have said to skip Strac & Mech if they are global mods as they can moderate it anyway but then so are BD and Pad so...) :)
Just a suggestion.

The changes you posted above look good to me Anny. Just those 3 mod groups I'd change up. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Good call MS, Ava and Fen would make sense in the Anime forum since both have good posting records there. I'll consider those changes added to the list unless anyone has any objections?

Other comments also welcome :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 am

Stracius
Sounds fine.

Glanced through mods of other groups, noticed that a couple haven't visited the site since '08 or '09

WOW - US
Lili
JonisRahl

Cyber Nations
W11chter

EVE
Wedge (coming up on 2 years since his last visit)

I don't know if the activity (or lack thereof) in WoW or Cyber Nations merits replacement mods; removal might suffice. The only people that come to mind that might replace Wedge might be Theoroshia, Caligstar, or Winbrian, and Win already admitted that he rarely if ever visits this site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Kon
I support giving Theo mod powers in the EVE forum.

As for CN, Wachter doesn't play anymore and hasn't been seen around here for a while. I think it's fair to say he can be removed. However, the only people still playing CN are myself, Jericho, and Messiah. All of us are mods in the forum. As you know, the actual SSX entity ingame folded over a year ago. We were all still together in NV up until a couple weeks ago, when NV broke up as well. Ostensibly the forum is still there so that we can communicate with each other, but we have been doing that mainly ingame. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to archiving the CN forums, were it not for the WoW and Xbox Live forums being just as sparse.

The embassy forum should definitely be archived, though. It serves no purpose, as we are no longer an actual alliance, and don't deal with foreign diplomats.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Since we've had no objections, I've now made all proposed moderator changes - including those for WoW-US and EvE.

With regards to the CN forum, having chatted with Kahn I'll be leaving this alone for now. Whilst we may not technically have an organisation in the game anymore, several members do still play the game and I'm loath to remove the forum whilst that remains the case. When a year has passed without any new posts, I'll re-assess it.

Return to “Members”