SSX News Archive Released

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

SSX News Archive Released

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
For a long time, we've had a habit in an administrative sense of hiding away our content once we're finished with it, be that content forum based, news items, or something else entirely. For a long time, I've actively propogated this approach in my role as Administrator, but sitting down and looking through our files when I was porting us to the new server made me realise that I don't necessarily agree with said approach to content archival. We should show off that we are proud of our history rather than hiding it away.

To that end, there are currently several administrative projects ongoing which are seeking to alter this approach to content archival - restoring our 'archives' (if I may use the term) for public viewing by all who may wish to view its contents. The first of these projects is now ready to release, and I'm therefore happy to announce that a News Archive page is now accessible through the Main Site.

The page can be reached here, and will allow users to view every news item reaching back to our very first from 2004. All news items have been faithfully ported from the old Coranto system archives, and the only changes made to them are where links included have become defunct - in such cases, every effort has been made to find an up to date version of the relevant link that works.

I hope that those of you who may be interested will enjoy leafing through our Archives. Going forward, it will keep itself up to date as news items drop off the homepage, so expect to see it expand as time passes.

As I say, this isn't the only project aimed at bringing our history back into the open - so keep an eye out in the next few weeks for further announcements :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: SSX News Archive Released

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Kon
Well, it's about time!
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: SSX News Archive Released

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:We should show off that we are proud of our history rather than hiding it away.
Couldn't agree more. Sure some of our past hasn't exactly been rosy but it's all part of our history and who we are today so it should all be up for show imo. :thumb:
Thanks for your efforts in porting all of this over Anny. When our community has been around for so long it's nice to have something else to show for it. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Members”