Community or other

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Please pick an option

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:29 am

Rebrand as the "Shattered Star Community"
29%
Discuss other names & tags to rebrand to alongside "Community"
71%

Total votes: 7

Community or other

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:29 am

M.Steiner
If you've been around these last few weeks you will be aware that I recently had us revist the dreaded naming subject with a pitch for Shattered Star Community and a vote asking whether the group agreed with what was being proposed or not. After a 2 week vote the answer was a yes.

Other suggestions were made in the thread (like the "Shattered Star" with nothing on the end) and whilst some people agreed and voted with change, they weren't all keen on "Community". Some people thinking that further naming options should be discussed before we ultimately decide.
Just to point out that I am not against further discussion in theory, but do support it and think it is fair. That being said, when we have had these polls in the past (or any polls in general really) the poll results have always been carried forward. The last poll we had on this for example (back in 2012) was split three ways with only a single leading vote towards keeping the Exiles name and yet that is what we did. The vote was carried with no further discussions taking place until I brought it up again this year. I do think it would be a bit unfair if we do the opposite now that the vote has gone the other way but in the interest of fairness I'm putting a poll up here for you all to decide. If the vote is to discuss other names besides Community then okay, we'll do that. Change is happening, we now just have to decide what we're changing to.

So to make this perfectly clear:

If #1 wins then we continue to rebrand as the Shattered Star Community as was proposed and voted on already.
If #2 wins then we start a new thread and we brainstorm other naming options and tags to rebrand to, for us then to go on and vote on those.

I am making this a short poll rather than dragging it on for another 2 weeks. I know we don't want to rush this process but we don't want to take forever over it either (we're going on 3 weeks now). With one name here and another elsewhere (since the process for #1 had already been started, assuming we were going forward with the result), and with broken links in the nav on top of that we need to make a decision soon and not drag this out for too much longer. Especially if we're then going to be spending time discussing and voting on other names.
If we're to do the latter then I suggest we make those short as well. Perhaps 3-4 days for the brainstorming and then 3-4 days for the follow-up poll. A week tops for both combined. 2 week polls are far too long to try and account for those who are visit rarely. Please be around :)

Anyway, ty for voting. Let's get on with whatever we're doing :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Community or other

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 am

Isileth
This definitely needs more discussion, its a big change and clearly during the vote people were still proposing new ideas. We should get a fully fleshed out proposal on which everyone is clear before we go to a final vote.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:40 pm

M.Steiner
Would anyone here object if I put the discussion thread up early so peeps can start brainstorming & discussing stuff asap? or would you prefer we wait until the poll is officially over?. There's only 8hrs left and I cannot see #1 getting another 4+ votes to take it ahead of #2 and change the result, I'm thinking we just get started with the discussion? :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:56 am

M.Steiner
Guess not then :p
Poll has ended - naming discussion thread is up.

Return to “Members”