Name suggestions (Votes lost, please re-vote)

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Which name and tag would you like us to go with?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Shattered Star Community | SSC
36%
Shattered Star Community | STR
No votes
The Shattered Star | STR
45%
The Shattered Star | TSS
No votes
The Shattered Star | SSTR
18%

Total votes: 11

Re: Name suggestions (Votes lost, please re-vote)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:24 am

Ozone
Well, as an old AD&D player (I used to be an adventurer till I took an arrow to the knee) I like the STR reference to strength. So much so that it became my favorite. BUT, as I made the suggestion of 'SSTR' and caused the poll to crash, I voted for my own suggestion. For the record, I'm groovie with STR but if it goes to 4 letter tag and 'STAR' is taken, which I would guess it is, I'm groovie with 'SSTR'.

By the way. I've been involved with the SSX for years, though not always overly vocal. I enjoy reading the boards for the suggestions, debates, etc, the majority, as in 99.9%, are well thought out and presented. Its nice to be with a group that, though made of varying age groups, is adult enough to concern itself with the connotations of using an 'SS' in the tag to avoid negative connotations.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 am

esd
TSS just makes me think "toxic shock syndrome"... Icky. If we really have to do this whole name changey thing, then SSC.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:24 pm

BlackDove
But are you sure you don't want to be a car? An S-Type R?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:39 pm

M.Steiner
Just to note that I have extended the poll from 4 days to a week so it will now end on Wed evening :thumb:
I'm not going to set it at 2 weeks as was done with the original community proposal vote though (and as BD suggested to me on IRC this afternoon). That poll basically just sat there waiting to end for the second week and even when accounting for our lesser/inactive folk, the 2 weeks I set for that was far too long. Besides, we've been discussing and voting on this stuff for over 4 weeks now so peeps should be well aware of that by now and know to keep checking in a little more often. And if we still have some people who are oblivious to all of this after a month of votes and discussion? then there's very little we can do about that really. Can't wait around forever for their votes :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 am

SL33PY
I'm at the point of - Get it over with already - :sweat:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:06 am

SL33PY
So it has been decided, we can finally put this burden aside and move on into the future. From now on we'll be known as The Shattered Star with the game-tag STR

Do note that groups within games still have the possibility to create 'sub' communities as is the case with Star Citizen where we will be known as Shattered Star Community [SSC].

This topic is now locked as it's purpose is fulfilled.

- SL33PY

Return to “Members”