Arbiter

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Arbiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:55 pm

NF
Arbiter
As Kond pointed out on chat, it has indeed been over a year since I was made arbiter so it's time for us to choose who will be looking after the next year. Anyone that is interested in putting their name forward should make themselves known on here. Also feel free to nominate other people as well if you think they will be a good choice.

We'll give it a couple of weeks to make sure people have a chance to see this post and then I'll set up a poll for the vote. :thumb:
NF

Re: Arbiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:36 pm

BlackDove
If nobody posts and nobody votes, you have it for life, and that is fine with me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Kon
I nominate Anubis, NF and Whizbang
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:54 pm

BlackDove
Joke's on you, NF already has it, meaning he's the most qualified, so it goes to him per default.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:02 pm

NF
Arbiter
/bump

So far we have:

Whizbang
Anubis
Me

Any more nominations?
NF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:33 pm

M.Steiner
Just a little note but our nominations process has always been to nominate up to two people. Kon has put forward 3. Nothing major, but if we're disregarding that and allowing any & all nominations this year we should probably set a new max. Otherwise (other than common sense) there's no reason to stop people from posting any amount of nominations they wanted.

Since 2 nominations are also needed to get on the ballot, I'll give NF his second :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:40 pm

NF
Arbiter
Cheers MS for the clarification. Two seems a reasonable limit but, given that I didn't make the rules clear in my post, I suggest we let Kond's nominations stand and see if we get some seconds.
NF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I second NF and Whizbang.

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get to this, had a busy week!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 pm

Whizbang
Sorry guys but I have to abstain from the election. My life is super busy right now and with me losing 1.5-2hr of my life to driving to/from work on top of the 10+hr a day at the office and then all the husband duties at home.....well, let's just say that I'm the least qualified in regards to time. While I'm honored at the nods of confidence, my life says no. Therefore I say sorry guys.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:44 pm

M.Steiner
Could leave nominations open until the end of the week (so they'll have been up for 3 weeks, which I think is more than enough time myself?), but whilst it hasn't been done before, I wouldn't be against just having NF remain in the role for another year personally. Since Mech has abstained, he's the only person with the required amount of nominations needed to be put on the ballot and even if they're left open longer, we're not guaranteed to see any more noms and may end up doing that anyway.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Members”