Permission to join, Sir!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Permission to join, Sir!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:13 am

LIGHTNING
I've been reading the FAQ's about the SSX, and such. I'm still a little confused about one thing, is SSX the same as SSC, or little sister/brother to the SSC, or is it a totally new, and independent group?

To join the SSX, do you have to renouce/relinquish your SSC membership, or can you be both a member? Unless ofcourse, SSC, and SSX is one and the same...

My main reason for my request to join is, I don't play any of the games the SSC divisions play.

The only connection I've ever had with the SSC was with Freespace 1, and Freespace 2, and the short-lived days of Trbies 1, and Starcraft, and then dead, Tribes 2.

I also see more familliar people here than people in the SSC now (*waves at QD, KJ, BD among the few*)

By the way, Request Permission to join the SSX
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:56 am

BlackDove
We had differences with the leaders of SSC and some of its fatal concepts, so originally Ed, KJ, Saad, Fahd and myself left completely, meaning we have no association with SSC whatsoever (it's a complete separation), and formed this place. Huge amount of people followed, but there were some that wanted to be together with both groups.

Nobody minds what you do with the SSC unless the all-cardinal rule of multi-grouping in the same game comes into play, which applies to any other clan out there as well.

We don't require you to be in any game in order to hang out around here really though. That's just a bonus place to get together at. We're a community first, everything else comes after that. My interpertation anyway, there are others as well, depends on the situation.

We've been around for over a year now, and practically doubled the membership count as far as games go.

Most of it is detailed in the "About" and "Why SSX".

As far as Freespace goes, it's a little slow at the moment multiplayer-wise, personally I'm waiting for PXO to be restored, as are many others probably. It'll take a few months I gather. Meanwhile working on this.

Get two people to vouch for you, and you're in I think. :)

- Ah, I just saw you were in Irc an hour ago. Yeah, it gets silent sometimes, depends on how much people are in their respective games. It's busiest the most on weekends with 20-25 people, so that's probably the time you'll catch people actively conversing there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:31 am

Inquisitor
We have no affiliation with the SSC, other than we share a similar URL and are comprised of many ex-SSC members.

It's a long, tired story.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:47 am

LIGHTNING
I read the 2 threads, FQ, and why SSX. I'm not sure if you guys knew also, but I was out of touch with the SSC also for a year, and wondered where all the people I knew went.

Though, if someone would take the time, to PM with the full story between SSX, and SSC, that would be greatly appreciated. Even a link to the story or such.

Umm... 2 members to vouch for me... (*sigh* not again)

Well, I hope friends from the old days will find this thread and be willing to vouch for me before I ask them.

Till then, I think I feel like I belong to the SSX rather than SSC now. Since I don't "feel" like I belong to the SSC anymore.

I'll be looking for the members list. Hope to see some old friends.

Edit: Been looking at the Vouching for new members rules. What if the only game I've ever played with you guys was Freespace 1 and 2, and I don't play any of the othergames you guys mentioned?

And since this group is all about being a community, Will I still be valid if I ask permission from members that I knew from Freespace to vouch for me?

And should I ask in the Freespace forums, or do I PM friends (members) that I know to vouch for me?
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:19 am

QuantumDelta
Vouched.
Though I don't really wanna go into the SSC Story ;|
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:23 am

LIGHTNING
QuantumDelta wrote:Vouched.
Though I don't really wanna go into the SSC Story ;
I love this guy :D . Long time eh, buddy? :sweat:

Thanks for vouching for me again. I really appreciate it. I've looked at the members list too. Lots of people I knew from the SSC, but Waaaayyyy more new people. I feel akward asking some of the former SSCers, for fear that they may not know/recognize me.

But thank you QD. Really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:29 am

QuantumDelta
LIGHTNING wrote:
QuantumDelta wrote:Vouched.
Though I don't really wanna go into the SSC Story ;
I love this guy :D . Long time eh, buddy? :sweat:

Thanks for vouching for me again. I really appreciate it. I've looked at the members list too. Lots of people I knew from the SSC, but Waaaayyyy more new people. I feel akward asking some of the former SSCers, for fear that they may not know/recognize me.

But thank you QD. Really appreciate it.
Get an actual IRC Client (mIRC isn't bad :P)
And come idle on #SSX - I saw you come in but people aren't always paying attention to the irc window :P
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:28 am

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:As far as Freespace goes, it's a little slow at the moment multiplayer-wise, personally I'm waiting for PXO to be restored, as are many others probably. It'll take a few months I gather.
Ditto. Whilst I've been playing around in Single Player again lately I'm leaving multiplayer until such a time that PXO returns or something draws my attention enough to get me to redownload the multi-config file, mine's been tinkered with.

Anyways, welcome to the forums LIGHTNING :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:46 pm

SSX-Hawk
consider him vouched :D
In exile a home has been found.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:04 pm

esd
allo!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:46 pm

BlackDove
LIGHTNING wrote:And since this group is all about being a community, Will I still be valid if I ask permission from members that I knew from Freespace to vouch for me?
It is valid with anyone you ever knew. The only reason I didn't do it is because I knew others will want to.

Oh, and welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:26 pm

Kon
Welcome Lightning! :) It's a bit hazy but I think I remember you. :thumb:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:00 pm

Ambush
Sherbangerang!
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:46 am

M.Steiner
I remember your name, but i don't think i ever got to know ya.
Welcome back. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:04 am

LIGHTNING
Thank you guys. I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

So, lets see....... from this thread, I remember (*Waves at everyone*)

BlackDove
Inquisitor
QuantumDelta
Anubis
Hawk
esd
Kahn (? The one from FS1?)
Ambush

Pssst... *nudge* Am I an official member yet? ;)
Sorry MS, I don't think I remember you...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:09 am

Messiah
Hi Lightning. I remember you as well, though I don't thenk we ever gamed together.

Welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:20 am

M.Steiner
LIGHTNING wrote:Sorry MS, I don't think I remember you...
My forum name was "Maester Seymour" back then, though i never played FS so you might not remember me just from my name, i was around though. ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:23 am

Inquisitor
Thank you guys. I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
I know some that might disagree strongly with that statement. Saying things like that may not make you welcome at the SSC.

We're about "Friendship" so, I see no issue with you being a "member" ;)

Play a game and have some fun, them's da basic rules ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:47 am

LIGHTNING
If I am to re-nounce my SSC uniform, so be it. The friends I have made in the past, the relationships I try to re-kindle, they're all here in the SSX. I see no one in the SSC that I was ever "close" to.

I think I'm gonna make that quote of mine my new Siggy :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:05 am

Serberus
Welcome to the SSX :) you dont know me but its always good to see a new member :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:10 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Whilst I remember seeing your name around the forum I don't actually remember ever chatting to you. It may be possible that you're thinking of the 'old' Anubis who took this name before my time ;)

If I'm wrong and my memory is simply fading in my old age then I apologise. Either way, welcome to the SSX :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:11 pm

Inquisitor
If I am to re-nounce my SSC uniform, so be it.
It won't be us that will ask you to do that ;)

Welcome back.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:05 pm

Gandalf
it must be an epidemic!

WB Lighty, i'm "back" too

or am i? you'll have to ask BD if he caught me yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Kon
IDK if that was a typo Lightning, but I played FS2. When FS1 was released I was still in the third grade. :lol:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:24 pm

NF
Arbiter
Play a game and have some fun, them's da basic rules ;)
Really? I thought we were a MMORPG sweatshop farming in game credits to fund Quiz's crack habit...

No.. no... not the cattle prod again... I'll behave sir! ;)

Just kidding, welcome home Lighty :)
NF

Return to “General Discussions”