Gryph is screwed ( warning expletives to convey emotion)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Gryph is screwed ( warning expletives to convey emotion)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Gryphon
Y'know, just once i'd like to have a student loan go in on time. Hell, just once I'd like for it to go smoothly.

My loan is late since february 2nd. Feb the f***ing 2nd. I have had no money to live off since around march. I have been given an emergency loan from my university. That covers my rent, a little bit of food, now I'm dry again.

I can't work due to the surgery I've had, the jobs that I can do, aren't available.

My emergency loan is due to be repayed next week. I've already been given an extension in light of the circumstances. The consequences of failing to pay this time will mean my suspension from uni, just at the wrong time. If I don't pass this year, I cannot switch to manchester, I'd have to go as a first year, which is not an option.

If I don't go to manchester, the plans for a house will fall through, making my girlfriend homeless, as she HAS to stay in manchester for an unpaid placement as part of her masters degree, she cannot afford to rent without me.

So imagine my complete disgust when I hear that 2000 computers used in the loan processing and payment process have crashed and are not working, after being promised my loan this week.

Motherf***ers.

I cannot use enough expletives to describe my mood right now.

Tommorrow, or I'm f***ed.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:55 pm

M.Steiner
Damn that really does suck. :(
Did you explain ur situation to them at all? Mebbe that would make em shift their arse with ur student loan?

Hope you manage to sort it somehow anyway mate.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:24 pm

esd
You might be able to get a Social Fund loan (interest free) or grant - speak to the benefit's agency office.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Gryphon
esd wrote:You might be able to get a Social Fund loan (interest free) or grant - speak to the benefit's agency office.
I never heard of that, but if it's an option, it's worth a go. Cheers.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:43 pm

Kon
Holy crap Gryph, that sucks so bad. I hate it when other people screw you up, and theres absolutley nothing you can do about it, though it has never happened to me on anywhere near as large a scale. Looks like they could seriously f**k you up. :smack: If I had any spare money I would gladly send it to you, but I don't. I would Hopefully you will get some money from the morons before it's too late. :shake: :(
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:04 am

Gryphon
I rang up someone with some actual administrative access today. My form has not been processed. So I got them to do it while I was on the line. ETA somehwere in teh region of 7 days.

Uni gave me till the 24th.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:22 pm

Padishar
So they gave you an extension till the end of the month? Thats good to hear.

As far as personaly experiences ago I have never known a 'smooth' time in school when recieving funds. The military takes 3 months to process anything so everytime the school files something wrong (nearly every semester as they are morons) I get completely screwed for a couple of months.

If things went like they should I wouldn't even have to work till I was finsihed with school, but instead thanks to their constant screw ups, I have been forced to work full time and goto school full time.....
else I would homless myself :shake:

Since having a degree is nearly a forced requirement upon us by society, you would think the actual process of earning one would be smoother then it is.... but no.. anytime anyone owes you money it is always the same thing...
Late and as much a hassle as humanly possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Saad
UK University loans are such a mess :shake:. I've seen people who I knew at University struggle finically to make ends meet when I was at Aberystwyth, which funnily enough is one lower cost places in the UK to live at!

Saad.
SSX - Because we dispensed the rhetoric.

Return to “General Discussions”