do you know us, do they know you?

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

do you know us, do they know you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Syn
http://www.thetagamerz.com/images/ati.jpg

Since not everybody is totally familiar with all the faces out there, I thought we could start an introductions thread.

Hi, I'm alternately known as Syn and Deathsong, in some games and forums I also go by Syntax, Synonymous and Acid Serra.

I got into gaming very young, played a lot of Xargon, then graduated to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Freespace. I've played through a rather wide library of games since them, including but not limited to: WoW, Guild Wars, RFO, Fallout 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights, and Counterstrike: Source.

For the moment I don't really play with any of the groups, since most of my gaming time is spent in CS : S. I am working on developing and coding my own game, working with a text based UI to create a capital space ship sim in my own setting.

Games on my too play list:
Bioshock
Systemshock 1 & 2
Beyond Good & Evil

And now I turn the floor over to you.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:45 pm

esd
Well, I'm esd. No, really.

I first started with this mob back in the SSC, Freespace 2 Division and took part in the SSC's last ever squad war (which we won as a no-show :( ). I was active still with Lightspeed when the lobby finally closed it's doors.

I've always been about since then.

I'm somewhat active over at Lore and do my best at attempting to be an artist. I'm almost always in the lobby, and in the SSX IRC channel. If I'm online, I'm in there.

I also like my single-player games, moreso now than ever really thanks to "life". X - Morrowind - Simcity - and recently, ArmA: Armed Assault.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 am

SSX-Hawk
well lets see, i'm Hawk. i started out playing Freespace back in 1998, originally with the RFP-ICF-TPH alliance as a friend of the SSC. then they finally sucked me into joining them :) and i've been around ever since lol. as much as i loved FS1, i unfortunately never got to graduate to FS2 :( i started playing Final Fantasy XI about a year ago, loved it to pieces but had to quit due to RL issues. started up again about six months ago and once again had to quit. now the only thing i play is Archmage. you can find me on there as Jahnikar(#2439).

other than that, i'm mostly just a lurker. i'm a college student, part-time employee and full-time mom so i'm pretty busy, but i usually check the boards every day. and i'll pop in and toss out my 2 cents every once in a while :)
Last edited by SSX-Hawk on Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
In exile a home has been found.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:56 am

Futile Resistance
Hello, FR here...

I first started out in NC with the SSC guys (QD, BD, before MS and the rest joined). Back then I was known as Assimilator and got the @$$ joke quite often from utoks/belial/gandalf (for those of you that still remember them) :D so I eventually changed the name to Futile Resistance (being a trekkie and all that).

Basically stuck around with the SSC guys throughout a few games. NC, SWG, EvE, FFXI.

After the big move played with the NC guys some more in NC2. Went back over the years between EvE/FFXI/NC2.

And here I am. *Hopefully* last year of college, so I've been lounging with you guys since the end of high school until now.
:thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:40 pm

M.Steiner
Well then, i'm MS and i had the pleasure of joining the SSC back in Neocron too (August 2003 iirc!)
Apologies in advance if this turns out long, i'll try not to ramble on too much lol.

When i first started playing NC i formed a small clan with a few friends, we kept the clan going for around a year or so which suited us fine but eventually decided to disband the clan. Myself, riccko and cyma decided we'd stick together and look for a bigger clan that we could assist which had similar ideals to what we tried to accomplish, make some new friends and get in on some more pvp action. It was then that i came across the SSC, admittedly they were hard to miss at the time being one of the biggest and most active clans on the server but i didn't know much about them. After speaking to BD (and Sam too) and having learned about their ideals (Freedom, Equality, Honour, Integrity, Friendship) i knew this was the right place, and so the 3 of us joined.

At the time of me joining the SSC i had just taken over my brothers character which i had re-specced to be a PPU (Monk/Healer) as i thought that class would be of more benefit to whichever clan i was to join. Anyway, the characters name was Maester Seymour and as this char soon became my main i got associated with the nickname MS and have done ever since. So that's where the SSX-MS nick comes from. - I usually go by either Hellmasker or Wrathchild in most games i play. (Hellmasker is one of Vincent's limit breaks from FFVII / Wrathchild is a song by Iron Maiden)

Since NC i've played several games with the SSX; WoW, DoW, FFXI and a tiny bit of GW. I'm now playing Tabula Rasa and will be doing when it goes retail as well, just as soon as i can. I also designed the group sites for our NC/WoW:EU groups as well as banners for a few others, i've also designed a site for our Tabula Rasa group as well which will be going online asap!

As well as MP games i enjoy SP games just as much, the Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid & Resident Evil games are some of my favourites.
I adore music - Bon Jovi is my favourite band, i won't go on to list all the other bands/artists i enjoy listening to as it would take forever (6.7k songs on my pc atm)
Other interests - Fav movies: The Godfather, Psycho. / Fav actors: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro / Fav director: Alfred Hitchcock. I'm also interested in Art/Photography and i play the guitar.
Oh and my real name is Dan, i'm 22 and currently living in Yorkshire, England. You can find me hanging around the SSX IRC channel most of the time as well. :)
Last edited by M.Steiner on Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Onto the resident evil demigod then. I'm Nathan, 19 years old, from St. Helens, England.

I first joined the SSC back in January 2004 (iirc) under the nick Anubis2k4, having been pointed in the direction by a guy named Stormrider after having played quite a few games with him using the by-then-near-dead PXO. That nick didn't last the year before I changed it to simply Anubis, mainly due to the fact that someone pointed out to me it wouldn't look particularly smart when the year turned and I was still '2k4' ;)

Since PXO died and FS2 descending into the realms of inactivity until its return I've been involved in quite a few groups and, in some cases, have taken on the task of building/maintaining their respective group websites. Some of those groups I've played with have been Lore, NC, FFXI, WoW-EU, and DoW.

I'm an RPG nut, and a firm fan of the long deceased Adventure games genre. Whilst most of these types of games don't wield a multiplayer or co-operative aspect needed to put together groups, they remain some of my favourite games - games like KOTOR, Bloodlines, Monkey Island, Final Fantasy. You won't find me as engrossed in a game as I am when I've got a new RPG to devour that I'm really enjoying. Having said that though, whenever possible I do like to play games with the SSX at large, rather than just alongside a few others on IRC.

Now I could waffle on about my plans for world domination and the like, but I think I've said just about enough for now. Next please? ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 am

Ash
Greetings...I'm Ash and I've been hanging around with
these retrobates for far too long... :p

Was approached in FS2 on my first night by QD, who introduced me to BD and before i knew it i was a member of the SSC.
Headed up the FS2 division for a while with Lighty and Fahd (Cheetah).
And each week we tried a retro night, where we played FS1 with Hawky.
man was that lag bad by todays standards. :shake:

From FS2 i played NC, my first MMO, had plenty of good laughs.
Moved into Eve (which i still play) and have dabbled with other MMOs'
FFXI, GW, CoV, SWG, Vanguard, LOTRO and WoW (on various servers).

Currently playing Tabula Rasa and will be on release. :thumb:

Play BF2 and BF2142 on occassion, probably the closest i get to the
intense 'twitch' days of FS2.

Like films, music, books etc etc etc.

When I'm not on the PC, I'm either doing my other job (Scientist) or
playing in a Brass Band.

I'll stop there before I bore you to death....

:D
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:53 am

Indigo64
Er, well like the memories of a civilization long forgotten... sorry, was that cliche?

Oh, I have to laugh at the irony of finding this post. Here I sit, in front of my PC, watching a spinning GTW ML-16 spin in front of my face, in complete awe at the power of my 8800 GTS and wishing I had this kind of firepower back when my K6-2 350 and Voodoo3 was the most powerful system I could muster. I remember seeking out what was SSC at the time, and I shared many games from FS:TGW to Tribes 2, and for a short time World of Warcraft (sorry guys, I despise PVP) I still check in from time to time.

One my greatest wishes was to get my butt on broadband so I could host a mad match of FS2 at some point, but DSL didn't find me until almost 3 years later.

I definitely participated in the great Ham Chronicles, and served as a general respite to Baron (gad, those arguments were stupid)

What am I up to these days? Well, I just got hooked on Freelancer, and I intend to replay FS:TGW and FS2 all the way through when I'm not working (for the billionth time I'm sure)

oh yeah, I still use AMD. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:11 pm

Inquisitor
My name is Ed, and I am an al...

Oh wait, wrong meeting.

So, like many of the above, I have been with this little group of miscreants for a really long time and my introduction was through that little game called Freespace (note, not FS2 ;)).

I had been seeing SSC tags in the PXO lobby for a while, they always struck me as (to borrow from the US Army) the "quiet professionals."

Usually polite, lacking any obvious ranks, apparently adult. It wook a year or two for me to finally get involved with them officially, it was well after the release of FS2 that I joined, somewhere around 1999, and oddly, I didn't join for FS2, I joined the small, but active, Unreal Tournament division, enjoying many a multi-kill versus the likes of Saad and Fahd (who still occasionally haunt these halls).

Over the years I have played many games with these folks, at one point (prior to the advent of the MMOs) I could boast that I played everygame the SSC claimed a division for (well, I had them all installed). Heady days, those, much fun.

I have also been part of hte ill-fated original SSC-EvE division, played FFXI under our bannner (as well as under the then newly minted SSX banner) and currently play a smattering of LOTRO and console games, and occasionally sneak into Lore when esd is not looking.

Outside of playing games, I lead a dual life. By day, I do super-secret-squirrel security stuff for a telecommunications company, think of me as an overpaid rentacop. By night, I own an interest in a small, yet up-and-coming video game developer (check da sig) that makes small shooters, puzzle games, and does alot of contract work for people who can't make their own games but can pay us to make them ;)

I am something of a fixture around here, and will likely continue to be one for the foreseeable future. You can find me here, on IRC, or any chat client. Look me up ;)
No signature

yello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:29 am

enlightened
Howdy, my name is Usman.

I basically got to know about the SSX through Europe WoW and after quite a few adventures with the WoW Europe crew, decided to join. (Ah i loved the AV battles when Arche and Inquisitor charged into masses of hordes and took them out, good days)

Im a bit of a quiet person and usually dont do alot of interesting things. My hobbies include hiking and ofcourse, playing games. I enjoy FPS games and mmorpgs, and i generally pick healer or team support classes.
Oh, and im a Star Wars fan ! tried out SWG but its too empty, ive heard rumours that Bioware is developing a new Starwars MMO, so im anticipating news on that.

And as Anubis stated, i love playing games with a group at large, rather than solo or with a few people.

These days im just studying alot for exams and all hehe :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:51 am

Ruhn
well okaay..Im Ruhn, I havent been around for that long, joined the WoW-EU group at a pretty early stage I think...awesome times :)

lately I'm into a new mmo, it's called ''IRL'' .. it involves alot of work, grinding money, keep the GF(pet) happy and some sort of study xD.

But anyways I should be hanging around here more often, yes.. I have been slacking =(!

hugs :)!
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:01 am

Futile Resistance
Ruhn wrote:keep the GF(pet) happy
LOL, that's great. Quote worthy :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:25 pm

SSX Fahd
Heh, I'm not too sure where to start, so I guess I'll give the whole story. I joined the SSC (the predecessor to the SSX) towards the end of 1998, along with my brother (SSX-ss1 / SSX-Saad), after I'd met a few of the guys in FreeSpace 1 (QD, Indigo, etc were around back then). I'd just gone past 14 at the time. In '99 Unreal Tournament and FreeSpace 2 (FS2) were released, and I started playing those as well. The former after playing the demo, and the latter because of the first game.

I think it was either late 2000, or early 2001 when I became a little bored with FS2 as I had tended to prefer the co-operative online missions rather than the Team vs. Team missions. FreeSpace 2 shipped with I think only two co-op missions, so I gave up playing and switched to playing Team Fortress Classic. I didn't really have the time to recruit members for a TFC group back then so I was mostly playing on public servers with Saad. I kept up with Unreal Tournament however, and eventually the SSC had enough members that we decided to play our own sort of internal competition - basically we formed three member teams and played against one another (Quiz, Saad and I were one of those teams). Unfortunately real life commitments meant that we were never able to finish the competition :(.

I think in mid- to late-2002 QD turned up again (he'd gone missing :weird:) and he took charge of the FS2 division; the group had been in terminal decline until then. There were multiple fan made co-op missions packs being released, and that sparked my interest in FS2 again. I was still playing TFC, but I had now abandoned UT. From 2002 to 2003 BlackDove, Ash, esd, Lightspeed and a bunch of other guys joined, and we were playing Team Vs. Team missions as part of SquadWar (basically the official FS2 competition league). I think in late 2003 QD and BlackDove stood down from administrating the FS2 group, and QD moved onto NeoCron. Myself, Ash, and Lightspeed took over the administration of the group.

The other thing that happened in 2002 was that I'd finished school, was off to University for a four years masters degree, and I spent my free time learning Perl, as the forum software we were running (the Ultimate Bulletin Board, or UBB [now known as UBB.classic]) was written in it. I spent what free time I had scripting modifications for the forum to add extra features. Quiz made me a forum admin so I could install those modifications. I believe BlackDove used to derive some pleasure from shouting at me on the forums if too much time passed between one mod being installed and the next :sweat::lol:.

Back to the gaming side of things, in FS2 the number of people slowly started to decrease, and co-op gameplay started to become a rare thing again. Around March 2004 I stood down from administrating the group, and asked esd to take over. TFC was also suffering a similar problem; a large number of experienced people were leaving that game, leaving only the newer players behind, and it too became boring. I switched to playing Sven Co-op (another Half-Life Mod), which I only stopped playing earlier this year, for much the same reasons as TFC :blank:.

Back on the admin side of things, the UBB was beginning to show its age. Unfortunately the forum software stored forum posts as text files on the server which caused two problems - (1) It caused us to almost run out of disk space, (2) It started to become very slow. We needed to move to a forum software that would store information in a database - which was where phpBB 2.x came in. At the time (early 2004) I was reluctant to move over - I really hated the default look of phpBB, and it just didn't have as many features as UBB did by default. However, it was also inevitable that we would be moving in that direction, so I started to learn PHP, figuring that any that missing features could always be added by modifications, and that the way a forum looks can always be changed (by either finding a new style or writing one myself).

I started looking into these things, but we had to move to phpBB sooner rather than later, and these things were put to one side. There was a forum conversion script on the official phpBB forums - for taking the UBB data and putting it into an SQL database for phpBB. This needed quite a bit of tweaking, and I could never quite get it working when I tried running it on the SSC's webserver. Now SSX-Wedge had downloaded all of the UBB's files to hard-drive (in case something unexpected happened), so he sent me a zipped copy of those files. I ran the conversion script locally, and imported the SQL data into the SSC's SQL database. Unfortunately it wasn't a complete success - I think a few topics had posts in the wrong order :sweat: - but figuring that something was better than nothing the phpBB forums were opened.

After that I'd went looking for a decent phpBB style - which I'd found, BBTech (the very theme we're using now). Before I could get into phpBB modding however I had to go through my second year University exams, and I was revising. After I had gotten back, relations within the SSC admins and mods were getting sour (they're unpleasant memories for me, so I hope you won't mind if I don't go into them :(). Deciding that I didn't want to put up with what was going on, I stepped down as an admin. At the end of August Quiz, Saad, BlackDove, Killjoy (Judd), and myself decided that it'd be best if we left, and the SSX came about. A fair number of other SSC members joined us. Killjoy made the website, and I got another phpBB forum running, this time with the BBTech theme installed. I think it was Killjoy with some help from BlackDove and Lightspeed who designed the final logo.

In my third and fourth years at Uni (2004 - 2006) I was pretty much working around the clock on my studies - so there was limited or sometimes even no time for gaming or PHP scripting. I spent the summer of 2005 working as a summer student at Uni, and summer 2006 (after Uni was over) was spent playing Oblivion. In October I started my PhD, which has so far been about as busy as the final years of my masters degree. My masters degree had been in London so I was living at home. My PhD however meant leaving home, which was where my server (I'd named it the Safari Zone [esd should remember ;)]) was. This was the computer I'd used to test out my phpBB mods, and unfortunately it died earlier this year. I had a backup of all the mods on my computer but I didn't have the time to set everything up again until recently. Things have slowed down in my PhD for now, allowing me to get back to PHP scripting. I think I scared everyone by showing up on IRC yesterday :p;).

That pretty much covers the last nine years. Quite strange to think I'm 23 now, some of those events feel like they were only a short while ago :).
Last edited by SSX Fahd on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:49 am

M.Steiner
Welcome back Fahd, it's nice to see you around again. :thumb:
SSX Fahd wrote:I think it was Killjoy with some help from Blackdove and Lightspeed who designed the final logo.
Not sure which one you mean but i'm guessing you mean the star its self? That was BDs work as far as i know. ;)
KJ did do the original mainsite logo/banner though which was recently replaced by Anny and LS designed the banners for our Lore, FS & DoW group sites.
Also BD for AO, and myself for the forum, NC, GW, CO, WoW:EU, FFXI and now TR.
Think i got all that right, not that it matters lol. :p ^^

Actually now i come to think of it, who was it that designed the banner for the WoW:US group site, anyone know? Don't believe i know who did that one. :confused:

enlightened wrote:(Ah i loved the AV battles when Arche and Inquisitor charged into masses of hordes and took them out, good days)
Think you must be thinking of someone else there mate, maybe Ava?. I don't remember Quiz ever playing WoW, think he'd shudder at the thought hehe.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:37 pm

Futile Resistance
SSX Fahd wrote:Quite strange to think I'm 23 now
You're only 23?! I recall someone saying you were... 30 or something. :eek: (I'm only 22)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:21 am

Saad
Futile Resistance wrote:
SSX Fahd wrote:Quite strange to think I'm 23 now
You're only 23?! I recall someone saying you were... 30 or something. :eek: (I'm only 22)
Yeah he's quite old. Grey beard and all! ;)
SSX - Because we dispensed the rhetoric.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:24 am

SSX Fahd
Saad wrote: Yeah he's quite old. Grey beard and all! ;)
:weird:

Get back to your rocking chair, granddad :p
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

hmmm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 pm

enlightened
I don't remember Quiz ever playing WoW, think he'd shudder at the thought hehe.
I really can recall Inquisitor in WoW, pink level 60 NightElf warrior :rolleyes: . I could be hallucinating though, all the studies can get tiring haha :D

Re: hmmm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:44 am

Ruhn
enlightened wrote:
I don't remember Quiz ever playing WoW, think he'd shudder at the thought hehe.
I really can recall Inquisitor in WoW, pink level 60 NightElf warrior :rolleyes: . I could be hallucinating though, all the studies can get tiring haha :D
Oeh maby it was me ^^ ''Imposter'' I think you were one of the last persons that Joined WoW-Eu if im correct.
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

Anyone remember me?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 pm

Warcry
I'm not a member of the SSX. I became an inactive member of the SSC back in 2002 or 2003. I joined in 1998 or 1999. I know. A long dang time ago!

Just saying hello.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Stracius
Hi Warcry, it's been a while. I recognize the nick, but I'll be darned if I can remember if we bummed around in any games together. Maybe Darkspace or EVE? Stick around :)

And ressurecting old threads is punishable with lamp shade headgear!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Ozone
Oz here. Initially I downloaded a game for my Mac about 5 years back called 'Lore' (yes, that one). Became active in the forums and in game, met some bloke called himself esd, then Pad, Quiz, etc... which eventually led me to the SSX, where I got a cool hat.

Eventually got into WoW big time while living in the UK so got familiar with the euro crew cumulating in a 'forgotten weekend' in London. Moved back to US (upstate NY) just over a year ago to complete a doctorate in chiropractic and begin a masters in medical imaging. Previous to this life I was an artist (Photoshop specialty) in and about London and NY, designing everything from bus sides to Disney posters. Nowadays, when I get a bit of rare free time I tend to do a bit of painting or photography or drink beer and pick up the guitar (it sounds much better if I'm drunk).

Currently, as I tend to play late night after studies, I'm pretty much solid on WoW. Been getting the urge to start jumping back into Lore though, just my timing and the activity levels on the servers tend not to jibe.

Outside of the late night gaming and the rare free time, my life tends to involve 10-12 hours a day of classes and study. Given a weather machine and a squirrel army, my life would be a lot more fun.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Ozany
Heyas all, another Oz here, Ozany that is :D I joined the SSC back in 2004 with EvE. A friend of a friend got us in the Corp in game, and I have been skulking around ever since. Did not make the move to the SSX originally as I was new to the scene and did not see the behind the game workings as RL kept me busy. Once the EvE team decided to split, Wedge (aka Digrdie in EvE) talking to me about you all and I value the same ideas so it was easy decision. Still active in EvE as RL time permits.

Oh, and BTW, 36 going on 50. 3 step-children that are 23-30, and 6 grandkids with another on the way :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Phrank T Phish
Phranky The Phish,

online life started with FPS's, i think black hawk down was the first. i moved into NC-1 as a first MMO but didnt know the SSX back then. my whole group moved to EVE and i spent about 2 years fighting BoB first as Fountain Alliance, then with Phoenix Alliance. i took a break and returned to NC-2, hooking up with my old SSX compadres once more. but as is the way, NC cant hold many folks for long. i played some WoW (i know, i know...) before returning to EVE, joining ASCN and picking up my personal war with BoB right were i left off. i used to play CS-S before i got hooked into BF-2 / 2142. atm im not playing anything online, just relaxing with the 360 and keeping an eye on various forums.

outside of the virtual environment, im still clinging to the age of 24. i relax with whisky, my guitar, a few games of rugby and cruising around in my scooby listening to Sigur Ros and Bob Log III, or generally any music well written or performed. i love music as an artform rather than any particular genre, enjoy playing most sports but cant see any point in watching them. oh and if anyones buying, ill take a bottle of bud, straight scotch, a tall glass of ice and some change for the pool table.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 am

Serberus
Well there is another Oz here only the other type :p (Aussie). Serb here, been playing since Neocron (and still misses it), I joined litraly a few weeks after SSX left SSC.

Since then I've played on and off in diff games notably Guild wars. Other than that im still waiting for a decent game to come out to play with you guys (and bash Padishar).

IRL info, im 20 got a little girl who is now 5 months old and im playing far to much D&D mwahaha *cough splutter*

(looking back that probably means i joined at about 16 or 17 or something like that lol)

Return to “General Discussions”