Just bought the game on a Steam deal.

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Just bought the game on a Steam deal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 am

Kon
As the title says, I just picked up Incarna with one month of game time for $5. Did a little research beforehand and found that you could begin your account whenever you want. I am too busy to play right now, being around midterm time at school, but I bought this more with a nod to the holidays when I will have plenty of free time. :thumb:

How would you guys recommend going forward in the game once I install? I had a 14 day trial account in 2006, but I have no idea where my skills were invested at the time. I remember Wedge bought me a Merlin, and enough money to buy a couple guns. Seeing as how these are corporate assets, I wouldn't mind reactivating that old account.

On the other hand, I have heard that things have changed a bit with regards to new player skilling rates. Also, that you can get a 21-day trial from a friend, who I believe also benefits if the trial player activates the account. If this is more worth-while, I think I'd prefer to go this route. If possible, I'd like to start paying my subscription with PLEX within 2 months. An extra week of free time might make that easier. What do you suggest?

Looking forward to flying with you all soon!
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Just bought the game on a Steam deal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:26 pm

winbrian
Well glad that you will be coming back to Eve :)
As for skill training, they have removed learning skills. So the only skill I recommend you training to at least Cybernetics 4 so you can go up to +4 implants. You can spend all the skillpoints that you got from the learning skills to put on any skill you want. But if you are start a new account I suggest training cybernetics to at least 3 then work on training for ships and gunnery/missiles. We can give you some money and ships to start out with no problem.
PLEX are running around 400mil now. So I hope you can start making close to that within 2 months.

I think you can get a 21 day pass from someone then I think you can redeem the code you got from steam.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:47 am

Stracius
That's if he trained any learning skills. If not, no loss - it's one less thing to spend time on, which is always a huge plus. Implants are nice to speed up skill training, but a set of +4's will cost you half of a plex or so. As for making enough to afford plex's within a couple months... hell, I don't even do that currently. You might have to run missions in the core worlds until you find a better income.

Regardless, will be great to see you!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Ozany
Might have to reapply to corp when you get back in. We had to clean house a little to make our numbers a bit more realistic with the alliance. Was getting really hard to make fleet quotas with the corp showing near 80 members when we had 5 active players. And welcome back, Mr. Nhak

Oz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 am

Kon
Alright, finals are over. It looks like my old trial account was purged. Not surprising, as that was 5 years ago.

Anyone want to send their 60 day Christmas gift my way? That way, I'd get 90 days prepaid game time. Much thanks to any volunteers.

EDIT: I was talking about this. Apparently it's not a Christmas promotion as I had thought.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Ozany
You can have mine

Your voucher code is:
4J27E8E55HK7Q5V3AM7KEGRN3WR6WNDL013

Will be good to have you back. :)

go to https://secure.eveonline.com/Activation/ to activate

Ozany

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Kon
Thanks Oz!

Hope to see you guys soon. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:25 am

winbrian
Glad to hear another person joining :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 am

SL33PY
I saw you online :D :D :thumb:

Return to “EvE Online”