E3 2013 - Schedule & Discussion

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

E3 2013 - Schedule & Discussion

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 pm

M.Steiner
[indent]THURSDAY JUNE 6TH : PRE-E3 KONAMI SHOW
KONAMI STREAM[/indent][/size]
Konami Pre-E3 Show
6:00PM BST | 1:00PM EDT | 10:00AM PDT

[indent]MONDAY JUNE 10TH : MAIN PRESS CONFERENCES
GT STREAM[/size] · IGN STREAM[/indent][/size]
Microsoft
5:30PM BST | 12:30PM EDT | 9:30AM PDT

Electronic Arts
9:00PM BST | 4:00PM EDT | 1:00PM PDT

Ubisoft
11:00PM BST | 6:00PM EDT | 3:00PM PDT

Sony
2:00AM BST (11th) | 9:00PM EDT | 6:00PM PDT

[indent]TUESDAY JUNE 11TH : NINTENDO DIRECT
NOA STREAM[/indent][/size]
Nintendo Direct Presentation
3:00PM BST | 10:00AM EDT | 7:00AM PDT

[indent]OTHER LIVE COVERAGE, EVERY DAY OF E3
GT STREAM[/size] · SE STREAM[/size] · IGN STREAM[/size] · XBOX STREAM[/indent][/size]
GameTrailers All-Access Live Coverage
DAILY COVERAGE STARTS AT:
5:00PM BST | 12:00PM EDT | 9:00AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE DEMOS, INTERVIEWS, DEBUTS, AND MORE.

Square Enix Presents
**Times to Come**

IGN's E3 Spotlight
**Times to Come**

Xbox LIVE Coverage
DAILY ONE-HOUR SHOWS START AT:
12:00AM BST | 7:00PM EDT | 4:00PM PDT

*Stream links and times will be updated nearer the time if and when needed.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: E3 2013

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:22 am

M.Steiner
kk here's my list. Tis a mix of both what I'd like to see and what I'm expecting to see.
  • Mirror's Edge 2
    DICE has at least one other project in the works other than Battlefield from what I remember and this was known before EA acquired SW. A listing for Mirror's Edge 2 showed up on Amazon.de earlier today so I'm expecting (and hoping!) to see it revealed at E3. I'm extremely excited for the possibility of seeing this alone tbh. Next-gen Mirror's Edge on Frostbite 3? Oh god yes.
  • Dishonored 2
    I haven't seen any suggestions that Arkane may be working on this already but considering how well received the first game was (91 on metacritic) and their story driven DLC support for it post-launch I don't think a sequel can be ruled out yet. Would love to see an announcement for this.
  • The Last Guardian
    SotC was one of the greatest games of all time and Ico was pretty <censored> special too to be fair. Like every year I am hoping to see something of TLG, anything really. I just hope it hasn't now made the jump to becoming a PS4 exclusive instead as this would mean I need to buy one whether I eventually decided to do so for other exclusives or not lol.
  • Mafia III
    We know this is supposed to be already in development but have seen nothing of it so far. Maybe we will at E3?. I'm not sure but I really hope so. F'kin loved the Mafia games.
  • Lords of the Fallen
    The action RPG from former CDPR guy, Tomasz Gop. This has been confirmed to be appearing at E3 and I can't wait to see it.
  • The Witcher 3
    This will be shown behind closed doors from what I understand but hopefully we'll get to see a little something too, or at least hear some new impressions.
  • Thief 4
    Time for a gameplay demo?. Hoping to see one.
  • The Sims 4
    Only recently announced, hoping to see this appear. Trailer with gameplay, ingame screenshots, anything like that.
  • Assassin's Creed IV
    I'm sure this will be appearing. Lengthy gameplay demo please.
  • Battlefield 4
    This will be shown for certain I am sure but I am hoping to see some decent multiplayer footage of it rather than single player.
  • Metal Gear Solid V
    Gameplay demo please?
  • Uncharted 4 (or new IP)
    I'd like to see an Uncharted 4 reveal from the other Naughty Dog team (the one not working on The Last of Us), or failing that another new IP from them.
  • World of Darkness
    Don't know if this will appear at all? but I am hoping to see something!
  • The Evil Within
    We only just got a teaser trailer for this so it's probably too soon to expect to see much more but I'm listing it here just incase heh
  • Rainbow 6 Patriots
    Been ages since I saw anything of this game but would love to see how it's coming along. A gameplay demo would be particularly good.
  • Dragon Age III
    I haven't given up on BioWare and will give them another chance when it comes to the DA series. This has been confirmed to be appearing at E3 and I'm quite looking forward to seeing what they've been up to. Hopefully they listened to some of our feedback after DA2.
  • The Wolf Among Us / The Walking Dead S2
    Telltale will be at E3 so I'm expecting to see (or hear as for the latter) some stuff on these 2.
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Doubt it'll happen but give us a release date already and please don't jump to PS4.
  • Half-Life 3
    Not expecting it but I'm putting it on here anyway. C'mon Valve, it has been long enough.
  • Quantum Break
    Remedy's new game. I was hoping to see an Alan Wake 2 announcement from them this week so I'm rather disappointed by that news but I wouldn't mind seeing some more on their new game. Something which isn't CG.
and ofc other gameplay demos for Watch Dogs etc and other releases for this year which go without saying. Mainly thinking of games for next year or which we've seen very little to nothing of!
How about you guys? Are there any games you're looking forward to seeing in particular? or hoping will make an appearance or be revealed? :)

I'm sure we'll get given release dates and pricing details for both the PS4 and Xbox One as well but MS really need to blow people away with their line-up of games and exclusives after their terrible showing this week. Sony have it in the bag right now and I expect they still will after E3 personally but we shall see.

Anyhow. Just over 2 weeks away! :D
Bon Jovi show on the 8th and E3 on the 10th. Gonna be a good week ^^

[Edit] Also just for fun!:
:D :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If I'm honest, beyond the games we already know about for this year (Watch Dogs, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us, etc) I'm not really looking for anything in particular at E3 this year for the first time in a while.

It would be NICE to see the following, though I doubt we'll see much (or anything) of any of them:
  • World of Darkness
  • The Witcher 3
  • Cyberpunk
  • FF Versus XIII
  • FF14 (new media, significant gameplay footage, story details especially)
With this year being all about the next generation, I'm really going into it looking for surprises - someone to step up and show me what they've got. I hope to get a lot out of the show as I usually do, but there's nothing I'm going in looking specifically for.

When it comes to specifics, I'm really looking at the consoles more than the games. I thought the Xbox One reveal was terrible, and I expect MS' press conference to confirm that, but it'll be interesting to see what games they try to use to combat that. The PS4 on the other hand looks like it might be a decent machine, but a weak games lineup could easily break it in my eyes! Intriguing times!

Should be a really good show I think! :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:It would be NICE to see the following, though I doubt we'll see much (or anything) of any of them:
  • World of Darkness
  • The Witcher 3
  • Cyberpunk
  • FF Versus XIII
  • FF14 (new media, significant gameplay footage, story details especially)
The Witcher 3 will definitely be there according to this but we may not get to see anything of it ourselves unless some footage leaks out. Maybe just the details and impressions of what the press were shown which I'd be happy with personally. Better than nothing!
I doubt Cyberpunk will make an appearance though which is why I didn't list that one myself, since we're talking at least 2015 for the release of that. Methinks that will be one we're looking out for next year instead perhaps. WoD could be the same really I guess but maybe more likely with that one.

Not sure on Versus but I hope so too. Will take anything of that really but would ideally like a release date (which I'm not expecting, but would be nice hehe).
I'm pretty certain you'll get to see FF14 since their relaunch of that is only a few months away and I would think they'll want to show that off tbh. This isn't something I was specifically looking out for myself but I wouldn't mind seeing that too I guess :)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 am

M.Steiner
Just a follow up to FFXIV which may be of interest to you, Anny.
I was just reading a post about it over on VG247 (here) and read:
More content will be revealed on the game at E3 such as “some exciting new battle content, a trailer and more.”
So you'll definitely get to see the game at E3 as suspected, several things from it infact :thumb:

Seeing a couple of you guys talk about this recently has got me interested too I must admit, however I did not realise until reading the above page that there would be a monthly subscription attached to it. Dunno why I thought otherwise tbh, though I suppose because the F2P & hybrid model is much more common in massively multiplayer games nowadays. GW2, TSW, TOR, Firefall, PS2 etc. Not that I'm against them or anything if a game is worth it, but subscription only MMOs are becoming a thing of the past really. Hopefully that decision won't hurt them.

When GAME and/or Amazon UK get their arse into gear and add it to their product listings (ShopTo & Zavvi already have it up, just looked), I may consider pre-ordering a copy. I actually have some reward points to spend with GAME so I could use them towards a Collector's Edition I guess. If I hate the look of it at E3 I could always cancel it since I won't get charged until release anyway. Or if I decide to keep it I'll have secured myself a boxed CE whilst they're still available... WoD is a long way off yet too I would imagine and that's the only other upcoming MMO I've had any interest for, having not even seen Blizz' yet. Will have a think :)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can I add whatever Double Fine's secret project is to my list of things I want to see too? :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 pm

M.Steiner
Guessing it is this?
Just watching their vid now! :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:07 pm

M.Steiner
@geoffkeighley wrote:10 days until E3. Based on what I'm hearing both the Xbox and PS4 press confs will be the strongest in years. Lots of games and surprises.
There's gotta me more than just Anny and I who are interested in this years E3, surely?. Even my Mum has a few games she's looking forward to seeing more of and whatever new stuff Nintendo has to show for themselves too. She's hardly a hardcore gamer lol
Come now, don't be shy! :p

Fallout 4 seems to be another popular wished for choice atm from reading elsewhere, though I am sure I read that wouldn't be appearing somewhere?. Unless ofc it is, but it doesn't have "4" in the title? heh.
Not expecting a reveal myself but it would be a nice surprise ^^

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Guessing it is this?
Just watching their vid now! :thumb:
Yes. FUND IT!

Also, if it's an Obsidian made Fallout 4 I'd be interested. If it's a Bethesda one, I'd rather not let Todd ruin the franchise even more.

Re: E3 2013 - Schedule & Discussion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 am

M.Steiner
Konami Pre-E3 show tonight (6th) just incase any of you guys are interested in that particular show!
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 at least I would say but I'm not sure what else. Times and stream link are in the OP :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll watch, but must admit that Konami have little that I know of which would excite me.

Fingers crossed for some surprises!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 am

M.Steiner
Linked this earlier this evening on IRC but:
This is not something I've looked at before today but we can add this one to my list as well now, definitely want to see more of this. Looks like a supernatural L.A. Noire of sorts.
Count me in!

Also BD linked this for those of you who missed it on IRC: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main
The 24hr internet requirement confirmed plus lots of other lovely features they thought would be good!
Here's a summary courtesy of GAF:
I'd be tempted to buy a PS4 at launch just to give Sony the extra sale and support tbh (assuming theirs isn't just as bad) but MS can <censored> right off with that. Really hope it bombs hard for them but sadly I don't think it will...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:31 am

SL33PY
I've always stuck with sony, not for drm reasons, but just that sony has exclusive games I want to play. XBOX exclusives don't interest me or got a pc port at one time or another. I have a killer PC so XBox doesn't give me real added value.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:57 am

M.Steiner
aye same here :)
Played my 360 a lot when I first got it and still enjoyed it very, very much but at that particular time I had no gaming PC capable of playing anything so I had no alternative. Since getting my PC though and buying the PS3 for their exclusives last year as well I should really have gotten the PS3 to begin with looking back on it. The majority of games I played on the 360 were multiplatform anyway, the big Xbox exclusives like Halo & Gears of War I don't really give a shit about and some of the other 360/console exclusives later arrived on PC too (like L.A. Noire, GTAIV, Alan Wake & Brutal Legend). Lost Odyssey is probably the only game I have left after trading in which can only be played on 360 and was also one of my favourites, and I suppose Fable 2 as well but to a lesser degree.
PS3 on the other hand I can quite easily list them off without much thought. So yeah, looking at it now the PS3 is a no brainer for me, I expect the PS4 will be the same for its exclusives too.

MS are going to try and win people over with their line-up of games next week but I have no intention of buying one and thus supporting them this time around regardless of what games they may announce, just in principle really.
I suppose if they announced Mirror's Edge 2 as an Xbox One exclusive I would find it very hard to resist but I would just have to stay strong!. Though that being said I don't expect DICE are stupid enough to do such a thing, at least on the PC as well that is.

3 more days anyway!

[Edit]
Geoff Keighley twitter wrote:Saw something truly incredible last night that will be a big E3 debut. Even with all the DRM drama, next week will deliver some GREAT games.
hmm!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 pm

M.Steiner
Strap yourselves in folks as today's the day!
Any last minute predictions, expectations, wishes or whatever?
-I will add the "WildStar" MMORPG to the list of games I'm hoping to see too, as well as Murdered: Soul Suspect which I posted the video of above.

Just 4hrs to go before the first conference kicks off. This thread has been surprisingly quiet but hopefully more of you will come join in the discussion once it's over!. Also there might be a few of us watching the conferences live on IRC like there is every year but I'm not sure how many. Could be just me but hopefully not.
There's a couple of sources (could be bollocks) claiming that The Witcher 3 will be shown off during MS' conference just to note. Whilst I'd love to see it appear somewhere today (outside of the closed-off showing I mentioned above) I think I would rather they showed it elsewhere given their attitude towards DRM. Guess we'll see on that one :)

Oh and:
!!! - Can count this on my list too but don't you dare be an Xbone exclusive with your green background...

Anyway!, Next-gen is finally arriving and it's about bloody time. That reason alone has been enough to get me excited for this years E3.
Hopefully we'll be in for a few surprises like Watch Dogs of last year too. I would like to hope there will be even more this year but we shall see.

Bring it on :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I double booked the day, so I'm going to be watching streams on my phone whilst out at a friend's :blank:

Nm, nm! Just hope MS start on time!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I double booked the day, so I'm going to be watching streams on my phone whilst out at a friend's :blank:
/me wonders why he wrote out a detailed schedule with time conversions a few weeks in advance, and for the biggest gaming event of the year too!
FAIL :p
18:27 • SSX-Anubis has quit IRC
18:27 @M-Steiner • Watch out, they'll show The Witcher 3 next lol :P
and they did just that lol. Hope you managed to see it?
If not:
They uploaded this too:
http://www.thewitcher.com/KillingMonsters/

Stunning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 pm

M.Steiner
Ohhhhh YEAH!
Beautiful, just beautiful.
So happy right now.

This was really impressive too:

[Edit - Rather than spamming the thread I'll just edit this methinks]

Ubisoft did it again:
!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Anubis wrote:I double booked the day, so I'm going to be watching streams on my phone whilst out at a friend's :blank:
/me wonders why he wrote out a detailed schedule with time conversions a few weeks in advance, and for the biggest gaming event of the year too!
FAIL :p
I know! ./shame

I have seen all of MS' briefing but none of the others - just read the news.

I'll sit down and watch the others tomorrow I think. Was planning to stay up for Sony's, but I'm very tired now. Probably won't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 am

Thunderbird
M.Steiner wrote:Anyway!, Next-gen is finally arriving and it's about bloody time. That reason alone has been enough to get me excited for this years E3.
The Wii U gets left out in the cold again, eh? :p

Never got a 360, though I did get a PS3 a few years after launch (09) and I enjoy a lot of their exclusives. But none of the series I like seem to even be making a showing, so I can see myself sticking with my Wii U for the time being (just like I did with the Wii for awhile) :p.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 am

SL33PY
PS4 will be 100€ less than the new XBox One... Game...
PS4 does not need to be connected to the internet at all times to play (singleplayer!) games... Set...
PS4 Allows people to lend out a game, or resell their old games, XBox One actively prevents this... MATCH!

Edit: what strac said, and another mistake he didn't spot
Last edited by SL33PY on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 am

Stracius
SL33PY wrote:100€ less
I was confused until I looked it up. Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am

SL33PY
Stracius wrote:
SL33PY wrote:100€ less
I was confused until I looked it up. Fixed it for you.
next time just edit my post :p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 am

Anubis
Site Admin
From what I'm reading about the Sony conference, they really hit it out of the parc on this one. Really well played to them if it was half as good as it sounds.

Genuinely can't wait to get home and watch Sony, Ubisoft and EA tonight! I'll post up my feelings on all conferences when I've seen them all :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I think this sums up the day pretty well:

:lol:

Return to “General Discussions”