Tabletop Simulator

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

Tabletop Simulator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:36 am

NF
Arbiter
Just wondering if anyone else has tried Tabletop Simulator yet? I've had a regular gaming night with my buddies for years until real life added some extra miles between us making it infeasible.

As a result we now use TS as the replacement it's pretty slick plus it has an immense library of game templates to play with.
NF

Re: Tabletop Simulator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not tried it yet myself, but I know it's used for Cards of Humanity and I'm very interested int rying it out for this as soon as I get a chance :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:54 pm

NF
Arbiter
Hehe Cards against Humanity is an awesome game - not played it on Tabletop Sim but can imagine it working well with voice chat and a few beers.

I can also heartily recommend:

* Smash Up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZpMEVQYBO8)
* Carcassonne
* Zombies!!!
* Tsuro

Great way to try out a game before splashing out on a physical copy
NF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:23 am

Whizbang
Tried TTS this last Saturday after a friend bought a 4-pack. We grabbed a lot of modules from the Workshop and tested playing King of Tokyo. It's very different when you have spent years playing tabletop games using Vassal. I think with a bit of time we'll get used to the commands and make good use of the various modules there are.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:22 am

SL33PY
I didn't know that Carcaçonne was considered a table top rpg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:02 am

NF
Arbiter
SL33PY wrote:I didn't know that Carcaçonne was considered a table top rpg
You're missing out on a host of nuances if you don't play Carcasonne dressed in full renaissance regalia and maintain the persona of a snooty French nobleman throughout the game...

On a (semi) serious note though I have, in a pinch, used the Carcasonne tiles to map out the wilderness during a Ravenloft campaign before. Not that I would recommend this in TTS though as there are actually dedicated D&D tool sets already in the workshop which do a much more impressive job of it.
Mechanus wrote:Tried TTS this last Saturday after a friend bought a 4-pack. We grabbed a lot of modules from the Workshop and tested playing King of Tokyo. It's very different when you have spent years playing tabletop games using Vassal. I think with a bit of time we'll get used to the commands and make good use of the various modules there are.
Yeah the controls are a little funky at first but with a bit of practice you get pretty nimble with it.. Not tried King of Tokyo yet but I’ve heard good things and its high on my hit list…
NF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 pm

SL33PY
NF wrote: You're missing out on a host of nuances if you don't play Carcasonne dressed in full renaissance regalia and maintain the persona of a snooty French nobleman throughout the game...
That made me chuckle :)

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”