I often go around in games exploring and looking for screenshot opportunities, a lot of which I've posted here over the years. The avid gaming photographer in me always comes out when I'm playing a pretty game, and especially if the game has a photo mode available heh. My screenshots have often been spread across different threads or sections of the forum though so I thought it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread especially for them. I imagine I'll be the main poster in here given the amount of screenshots I tend to take but it'd be great if more of you join in too, even just to comment on stuff if you don't have any screenshots to share yourself!
RULES - PLEASE READ
- No major spoilers for any brand new releases. We don't want people avoiding the thread due to fear of having a new game spoiled for them. That's not cool.
- Name the game your screenshots are taken from along with its platform. It may not be obvious for some titles and they may encourage some of us to want to check them out!
- No limit to the amount of consecutive posts you can make, or the amount of screenshots per post, at least for now. If there's something you wanna share, share it. Any forum activity is good activity.
- Post 2 screenshots on each line so as to help reduce thread scrolling (see some of my posts below as an example).
- Try to consider image qualiity. For example: Taking a JPG image and uploading it to somewhere like Twitter or Facebook is probably not a good idea. For starters unless your JPG has been converted from PNG and saved at max quality it is likely already compressed but sites like Twitter & Facebook add their own compression on top of this, ruining the quality of your image further. GeForce Experience & FRAPS both have the option to save as PNG, as do Steam and PS4.
For PS4, hit the share button, then options and you'll find PNG under "Image format" of screenshot settings, you will then need to transfer your images to a USB stick & upload them. For Steam - go to "View > Settings > In-Game and tick "Save an uncompressed copy". This will save a PNG in your screenshot folder as well as a compressed jpg (the latter of which are the ones which can be uploaded to your Steam gallery so you will need to upload the uncompressed screenshots elsewhere). - You may then want to convert that PNG to a full-quality non-compressed jpg to reduce their filesize a bit. Up to you.
- Host suggestions:
- Abload.de - German site (so use a translator add-on if needed), 10mb file size limit but unlimited storage & no compression.
- Flickr - No compression, Images can be up to 200mb but free accounts will have a limit of 1,000 photos from Feb 2019.
- Imgur - Unlimited storage but anything over 5mb will be compressed (this limit is even less for anonymous uploads (1mb) so it would be wise to create an account).
Looking forward to seeing what games you guys are playing and decide to share screenshots of and I hope you enjoy what I end up sharing in here too. Discussion is welcome and encouraged!