2015 Game Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: 2015 Game Releases

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, saw that too.
My game buying habits have changed quite a bit over the last year or two so it doesn't bother me now as much as it would have tbh. In the past I would get physical releases of everything as I've always preferred having the box etc but these days I find myself going digital far more (aside from awesome collectors editions like TW3 has, Infinite, Ni no Kuni etc). I not only save money by going digital (GMG are really great when it comes to deals - like Cities: Skylines they were selling for just £16) but don't have to worry about storing box after box either which certainly adds up over the years lol. It is a shame you can't complete your collection though :(

Of the 7 PC games I've bought this year only 1 of them (I think) had a physical release, and I bought that digital from GMG too as it was cheaper. The only physical releases I've bought have been for the PS4 (I'm glad I did for The Order as I traded that back in as soon as I'd got the platinum lol).

This stuff really disappoints me though:
Image Image
Not available for PC, just the consoles :shake:
I'm really torn over the MGSV: TPP one. Kojima's last entry in the series and one of my favourite game franchises ever... I'd have pre-ordered that the minute it went on sale without even thinking but that means going PS4 and I want to go PC. Why couldn't they produce a few more and stick a PC box inside? Damn them.

[Edit: Just added a Bloodborne vid to our channel btw:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 am

M.Steiner
Few screenshots of Bloodborne
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

As someone who has yet to play any of the souls games (DS is one of many in my huge backlog), Bloodborne has gotten me so frustrated at times. There's only one difficulty level (not an actual setting heh) and that's hardcore. Definitely one of the most challenging games I have ever played, if not the most. It is so damn rewarding for being so though. The whole thing is a huge adrenaline rush pretty much but even more when you finally down that boss you've been going at for ages. I <censored> love it.

If you have or ever intend on ever buying a PS4 then make sure you buy a copy of Bloodborne along with it. Absolutely brilliant and my GOTY so far, you have gotta play it :)

(I posted a few vids on YouTube as well if you guys haven't seen. I was going to record and upload vids of every main boss in the game but the ones I've put up there already have had very few views and didn't seem worth continuing with tbh. I may add one more vid before I'm done with the game though (nearing the end now but still got some optional dungeons to check out). Will see!]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:28 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:
Episode 1
Image Image

Episode 2
Image Image

I think the most suspicious people in the game with regards to Rachel are David and Samuel. The guy doing the photo albums works on a bench with tools that looks like they could be from either. David was stalking Kate for pics and may have hated Chloe enough to try and separate them. And Samuel has boxes of pics of Rachel in his shed, and women's stuff I suspect was hers. Not sure which of them I'm more inclined towards right now though...

Jefferson wasn't on my radar of suspicion, but you're the second person that's named him to me now. I'm still far from convinced, as I've seen nothing that would give me reason to suspect him unlike the other two, but interesting view from you there.
Sad that you didn't manage to save Kate in your playthrough :(
I guess we'll start seeing more segments like that (where she's unable to use her power) as we progress through the story which I think is a good thing, even if it does move more towards how Telltale do it. The rewind function is great and all and for minor choices (and some major) I think that's fine but I'm glad it wasn't available for that particular scene as it would have cheapened it. I hope to see more choices like that where we only have one shot at something and have to live with the consequences but going from how they've set things up, I think we will.
GTAV PC pre-load starts sometime today btw. Who else will be playing it next week? :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Amazon wrote:Hello,

You may have heard that Warner Bros, the publisher of the title "Batman: Arkham Knight" decided to release this game in digital only format.

We wanted to reassure you, as you've pre-ordered Batman: Arkham Knight (PC DVD), we'll still be able to send you the the physical PC game, as Warner Bros have agreed to publish enough physical products to fulfil orders placed up to 30 March 2015.

As the format was restricted to digital only on the 30 March 2015, we can no longer accept any further orders for the physical game.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
This makes me so happy. Love Amazon.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:00 pm

M.Steiner
Typical when I cancel my pre-order when they announce they're not having a physical release over here. Happy for you though! :)
No biggie though. Digital was cheaper and I don't have to worry about an extra box adding to my pile of games lol

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:56 am

M.Steiner
Invisible, Inc. from Klei Entertainment (Mark of the Ninja / Don't Starve) released yesterday btw.
- Destructoid Review
Had my eye on this for a while so definitely gonna pick it up methinks. Mark of the Ninja owners (which was fantastic btw) get 20% off too :thumb:

[Edit: Recorded a vid of it]

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 pm

M.Steiner
I'm hoping I can manage to avoid spoilers for it until I've finished with The Witcher 3, which isn't going to be for a while yet. I've always managed to avoid spoilers for the Telltale games though so I think I'll be ok. Witcher 3 is huge and <censored> everywhere right now so it'd be much harder to avoid spoilers for that I think, had I been playing Life is Strange or something else first. Been following Geralt's story for years now so that's not something I want to risk spoiling the end of!
Ep 1 and 2 were brilliant though so I have no doubts that ep 3 will be just as good. The only other new release I'm interested in which is releasing any time soon is next month's Arkham Knight so Life is Strange will definitely be the next thing I play ;)

TW3 - I loved both TW1 & 2 but 3 is something else. I fully expected TW3 to be one of my main frontrunners for GOTY (MGSV being the other) but it's already blowing me away and exceeding my expectations. Graphically, it's the new Crysis of PC. Looks amazing on Ultra with Nvidia HairWorks but when we come to do replays of it in the future (when we have even better cards), you can push the game even further with ini tweaks to where it looks <censored> insane. The storytelling and choices though? basically setting a new standard for RPGs and gaming all together imo. Incredible stuff.

Last years DA: I was pretty great too I thought (and was my GOTY for 2014) but it wasn't perfect. When it came to exploring the different zones and taking on side quests they got a bit bland and samey, areas had that "rinse & repeat" feeling to them after a while and side quests usually felt like just that. TW3 though.. some of the side quests I've done have been so well written, complete with great stories, choices and real characters and where you honestly wouldn't be able to differentiate them from the main questline if you didn't know any better... has been amazing so far.

Hey Anny, when do you envision you'll have upgraded by? Just had a thought that's all. - If you're not gonna be able to do that for some months, what about getting it on console like Oz, mate? You could get a PS4 and the game for just over 300 quid, which would basically be pocket money for you if you're in a position to be saving and looking at buying property lol. Ofc that wouldn't be as good as playing the PC version maxed out on a new system but if upgrading your PC now would set you back too far(?) you're going be buying a PS4 eventually anyway right? That way you get to play the game now and with everyone else and can just sell/trade-in your PS4 copy when you've eventually upgraded your PC? :)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Hey Anny, when do you envision you'll have upgraded by? Just had a thought that's all. - If you're not gonna be able to do that for some months, what about getting it on console like Oz, mate? You could get a PS4 and the game for just over 300 quid, which would basically be pocket money for you if you're in a position to be saving and looking at buying property lol. Ofc that wouldn't be as good as playing the PC version maxed out on a new system but if upgrading your PC now would set you back too far(?) you're going be buying a PS4 eventually anyway right? That way you get to play the game now and with everyone else and can just sell/trade-in your PS4 copy when you've eventually upgraded your PC? :)
Not sure yet mate. I'm waiting to hear what happens with my salary, which should be in the next few weeks. Depending on how that works out, I may either build it straight away or it might be months off if I need to look for a new job. Just have to see.

I'll wait though, I'm in no rush. I don't plan to buy a PS4 at all until at least the end of the year now given there's not much I really want to play for it, and plus I also don't have room for one currently tbh. Would be great to play it soon, but I'd rather just wait and play it in the best quality I can for the first time tbh. Not going anywhere, and I can just keep staring at my CE box till then haha :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:31 am

addseo1115
Metal Gear Solid 5 , I wait you :smack: :smack: :smack:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Has anyone played Rocket League yet? Recent indie release, that looks like an immense amount of fun!
I just picked it up today, would be pretty cool to get some STR multi games going if others have it? Apparently it's cross platform play too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 pm

M.Steiner
Lirik got you sold on that, eh? ;)
Does look quite fun I must admit.

It was one of last months (?) PS+ games lineup so I got a free copy for PS4. I haven't played it yet but I'll give it a try at some point and see what I think!
I was just reading though, it does support cross-platform matchmaking, just not cross-platform parties. Sounds like they're working on a way to allow one friend to join another ones game cross-platform though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:19 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Lirik got you sold on that, eh? ;)
Does look quite fun I must admit.

It was one of last months (?) PS+ games lineup so I got a free copy for PS4. I haven't played it yet but I'll give it a try at some point and see what I think!
I was just reading though, it does support cross-platform matchmaking, just not cross-platform parties. Sounds like they're working on a way to allow one friend to join another ones game cross-platform though.
Oh...that last bit is disappointing. Hopefully they'll manage to sort that asap, as it'd be really fun to group up. I played for a couple of hours SP earlier and it's really addictive haha!

And yes...twas Lirik that drew it to my attention :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:56 pm

M.Steiner
David Cage/Quantic Dream fans, be sure to give this a look if you have (or plan to get) a PS4. Tis out in the US tomorrow and Fri for those of us in the UK. Expect a YouTube vid from me over the weekend :)
though I say that, the last 4 gaming videos I have uploaded have less than 30 views between them. Maybe I should just stick to music gigs... lol :p
MGSV:TPP in 3 days which I expect to be playing for a while (check out the reviews I posted here if you haven't already). I'll try and record some gameplay from that too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm

M.Steiner
First game I've dropped this year (other than Arkham Knight due to it being unplayable) - Mad Max. Wait for the bargain bin sales if you were planning on buying that anytime soon, or at the very least make sure to buy from Steam so you can claim a refund afterwards if needed. Ok for some mindless fun I suppose and it's a good looking game but by this years standards? Mediocre at best. So many other games worth buying instead.

I say it's the first game I've dropped this year, but I generally like to finish whatever I start. I don't actually remember dropping a game since 2013's Dead Island: Riptide infact, so that should give you a good idea how often I tend to drop stuff lol. Maybe I'll go back to it one day when I don't have anything better to play but atm.. just can't bring myself to push on with it. Story is crap, car handles like shit, combat is a poor imitation of Arkham, generic quests, gameworld is like an uninspired Ubisoft clone.. Pretty crap basically. This year has a lot of great titles to offer so either buy something else (ask if you want any recommendations) or save your money I'd say. Maybe it gets better? I dunno. Just wasn't impressed with what I played of it :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:15 am

M.Steiner
Has anyone played the Tales series by any chance? or been following the new one closely at all?
Tales of Zestiria comes out later this month. I've seen bits of it but I haven't really been following it and I've never played any of the other games in the series either. I think the last (new) JRPG I played was Ni no Kuni (which I loved) so it's been a couple years since I played one tbh. Are the Tales games usually any good? Think Zestiria will be worth picking up?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 am

Whizbang
M.Steiner wrote:Has anyone played the Tales series by any chance? or been following the new one closely at all?
Tales of Zestiria comes out later this month. I've seen bits of it but I haven't really been following it and I've never played any of the other games in the series either. I think the last (new) JRPG I played was Ni no Kuni (which I loved) so it's been a couple years since I played one tbh. Are the Tales games usually any good? Think Zestiria will be worth picking up?
Never heard of the Tales series. JRPGs are always really iffy because they all borrow off of one another so it's hard to find a real gem in the batch of crap.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 am

M.Steiner
Mechanus wrote:Never heard of the Tales series. JRPGs are always really iffy because they all borrow off of one another so it's hard to find a real gem in the batch of crap.
Aye, other than Ni No Kuni the last "great" JRPG I can remember playing was Lost Odyssey. I did want to try the Tales game on 360 too (and I think it reviewed quite well from memory) but it was really hard to find a copy over here without going to ebay and paying a fortune and so I never ended up playing it. Completely forgot about it in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I played Tales of Vesperia back in the day on the 360, but it was average it best I felt. I played it through to the end, but it never really caught my imagination and compared badly to The Last Remnant and Lost Odyssey I felt.

I've had no exposure to the series beyond that, so it might just be that was a bad entry or something. Just my two cents though :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:01 pm

M.Steiner
Think the new one might be a game to wait for reviews & impressions of in that case. Would love a new JRPG to play but sounds like this series may be a little hit & miss like a lot of em tend to be. Will keep my eye out :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:39 am

SL33PY
I'm wondering if I preordered fallout 4 or not... I'm afraid I forgot :smack:
Bedankt voor jouw online bestelling. Jouw pre-order bestelling van Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition voor PC is bij Game Mania Merksem geregistreerd.
whoohoo, I didn't forget got a pip boy edition in pre order :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:03 pm

SL33PY
Did anyone play Child of Light? Battle mechanism of Final Fantasy, unique drawing style ( I totally love it)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:46 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:Did anyone play Child of Light? Battle mechanism of Final Fantasy, unique drawing style ( I totally love it)
I picked it up during the Christmas/Winter sale on Steam last year but I've yet to play it. One of those many games in the backlog waiting to be played unfortunately. I shall get to it eventually though lol, I did love the art style too :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:56 am

SL33PY
Finished it on monday, that's what people do when their internets at home are broken :D :D :D

Return to “General Discussions”