Strange things...

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Strange things...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:02 pm

Serberus
Ok so ive found some strange things whilst playing this game. Mainly in the context of merchandise in game. I found an armor smith who sells armor that is worth 15k per piece but is no different to armor that is 1500 per piece. Although it does look different to the normal armor types but 15k wtf.

The other one was a wierd materials merchant (one of the guys who makes the rare stuff) this guy had rare stuff that id a) never seen b) never even heard of b4 for anything. There are lots of strange yet so fat totaly usless thigns like this.

Feel free to post with your discoveries (and tell us what the use and differance of these thigns is)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:44 pm

firedancer
with the armor i completely agree. as a warrior, one could buy the same armor in Droknar's forge, and this 15k armor, but it had the same name, same armor. so i do not know whether this armor is different at all. but for other class there is new armor in look. (as a warrior this is dragon armor).

then this rare crafting materials, you may need to make your 15k armor. i know this is the case for Elementalists, but not for warrior.
note, that there are two places which sell different 15k armor.
(PS: start a PvP char, then you can select all armor classes, and you can see how it looks like.)

othere strange things: there are some chests which are locked, and useually well guarded by lvl 28 bosses. furthermore, i once found a key (dwarfen key), and one can apply this key to a locked chest. unfortunately i got the message that the key did not fit the lock, and it disappeard. i think this keys are very rare items, and i am wondering what is in this locked chests. so if any one finds a key, please tell me and i will show you different locked chests.

i think next time i will look for a locked chest which is guarded by the same monsters, as the keys name -----> dwarfen key, i am looking for a chest guarded by dwarfes. unfortunately i have never meet another player finding a key:(

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:41 pm

Serberus
Different 15k armor? where is the other place droknars is only 15 hundred not 15k. the place south of droknars is 15k and for the materials so far ive not seen any armor even the 15 k that requires it but if Es do then that would make a whole lot more sense. ty bout the PVP guy tho didnt know that.

As for the chests yea ive found them b4 but didnt pay much atention to em. thought they might be for a mission but if you can find keys...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:47 pm

firedancer
the place is called granite citadelle. travel north west from the second mission in the shivering peaks. you will end up at a place with a name i have forgotten. from there go north, and you will end up in granite.

for warriors one can buy there the dragon armor (it is the only place to buy as i know)

PS: if you want to have some fun in exploring: travel from Droknar's Forge to Beacons Perch. the two areas are really conected. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:11 pm

Inquisitor
I'd be up for exploring ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:22 am

Serberus
If people do go explring im up for it but id highly recomend they be of a high lvl as most of the citters down there are lvl 20 to 24 and some 28 bosses...plus there are merrsat and if you dont know what they are you will find out soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:42 am

Inquisitor
see, thta's why I want to go exploring with my 2 favorite level 20's ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:39 am

Serberus
Well i found the other guy that sells 15k armor...and again it only looks different without any noticble change in ac. Howver this particular armor does need those wierd magical things the deldramor steel and whatnot i was talking bout b4.

So thats one thing explained. I tried looking at the armors in the makeinga pcp char thing. but they dont seem to have dont ir proply for the male ranger. It works mint for female ranger and the armors look really cool. Although its beyond me what the difference in the druids armor is.

I sear its the same gah. Well prehaps if we look around and ask we may find out what the difference is...if any other than looks. And if people want to explore while im on gimme a yell and ill happily come along.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:56 am

firedancer
yeah, i think the main point is only looking different. so you can show to every one what cool armor you have. i did reallize that for monks there are different tattoes, which are not available for PvP only chars. so i will probably stick to one of thoese.

Return to “Guild Wars”