Changing secondary Profession in the desert

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Changing secondary Profession in the desert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:54 pm

firedancer
maybe some are interested how this changing of secondary profession in the desert works. so i tried it out today with my W/E.

so finihs a path (i did the necromancer), and accept it to change your secondary profession. you lose all E skills temporarily untill you switch back to Elemental. then, all my attribute points i had put into E, have been free to distribute over the new Necro attributes. but i did not have any necro spell. (unfortunately, the spells unlocked with a different char did not count), but you can buy them by skill trainers.

to switch back to elemental, i first had to do the elementals path. once finished that path, i could switch arbitrarily between Elemental, and Necro.

so once you have done all paths, you are free to change to any secondary profession you like and switch back. for each switching you just have to talk to one of the npc, which gave you the path. (it does not matter to wich one you speack, all can give you the unlocked secondary professions).

so dont worry in spoiling your char with changing, you can allways change back. now i really tried it, and it worked.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Inquisitor
That is REALLY great news.

how do you switch back? Do you need to unlock the current subjobs path?

If you switch back, do you still have all your skills?
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:56 pm

Inquisitor
Added bonuses: It resets all your sub attributes to zero. So free refunds!

AND you can unlock all the jobs skills with ONE character, no more creating characters to just get skills!

AND you can do it as often as you like!
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:24 pm

Messiah
Thank God!

Was not looking forward to another grind.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:46 am

Futile Resistance
Curses... Wish I had known this before deleting my N/Mo, oh well, used the empty spot to allow a friend to demo the game. Now for fall semester to start so he can buy it...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:08 pm

Padishar
Are you still able to use skills from a profession you have left behind? Some skills don't go off of attributes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:51 pm

Inquisitor
If it is specific to the job, then no.
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”