Gankutsuou coming to DVD & Blu-ray in the UK!

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Gankutsuou coming to DVD & Blu-ray in the UK!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 am

M.Steiner
http://www.alltheanime.com/gankutsuou-uk/ wrote:Anime Limited, the Glasgow-based anime licensing company and parent company of All the Anime, are pleased to announce the release of the Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) for the UK.

Albert is a young man of privilege in Paris, but the trappings of his aristocratic birth leave him bored and unsatisfied. Seeking adventure, Albert’s restless spirit leads him to a festival on the moon – and to the Count of Monte Cristo.

An enigmatic man of charm and wealth, the Count of Monte Cristo’s charisma and sophistication captivate Albert. The fascinated youth invites the nobleman to mingle within the upper echelons of Parisian society, and the Count is soon courting the favor of France’s most powerful families. Little does Albert know, as his new friend walks the ornate halls of the highest class, the Count of Monte Cristo wants only to bring them crashing down through vengeance.

Gankutsuou will be released in the UK on home video – blu-ray and DVD – and on video on demand by Anime Limited. Andrew Partridge, president of Anime Limited says: “It’s great to be able to release this classic series – based on a classic piece of literature- here in the UK and on blu-ray too! I really enjoyed this series when it was first out and I’m glad to bring it back to the front of people’s minds. What can I say? We were due a classic release anyway!”

Gankutsuou’s release date is yet to be confirmed in 2015.
Weeeee!
If you've never seen this before make sure you do a blind buy and grab it when it becomes available next year, one of my all time favourites and definitely worth a watch :D
http://myanimelist.net/anime/239/Gankutsuou
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Anime”