Warhammer MMO anyone?

Find our valiant heroes fighting the fight on the =US=Order and =US=Destruction Servers!

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Warhammer MMO anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Rentor
So, I am an old player of warhammer table top so I have been waiting for this game. Who is planning on playing?

Rentor

http://www.warhammeronline.com/collectorsedition/
Hi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 am

Phrank T Phish
aye, im a 40k man myself but ill be trying this. also sheep, warhammer quest and necromunda fan, is also planning to drop WoW for this.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 pm

QuantumDelta
Currently this game is well below standard and not worth it's hype.

Not being a beta tester and not having signed an agreement, I can tell you that, whilst they mention that the graphics engine hasn't been upgraded, which, is fine - they have said they will...

...And that's a lot of peoples criticism.

The game chugs, it doesn't have much in the way of playability, it's not natural or comfortable, the animations are also clunky and unfinished, balance is a complete joke (considering it's a pvp game balance is important), it's /barely/ nearing the level you'd release something for as a beta let alone retail that they're going for.

I hope EA doesn't push them to release any time soon because the game is just.........far from finished yet.
It lacks so many things MMOs NEED to work.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 am

Fenavian
Well to be fair, WoW was far from finished and they pushed that out the door and it took them at least a year for the game to start coming into its own. I have a feeling it may very well happen with this game too. Dunno though.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Scorpius
Heard alot of bad things about this, alot from beta testers.
However I'll make my own mind up when its released. For now I'm in AoC.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 am

Padishar
Thought I would give an update now that the NDA has finally been lifted.
They had a preview weekend for those who were either in the closed beta or bought a preorder box.

I did not see the game months ago when it needed tons of work,
but I did see it this weekend and must say that the game is very well polished.
Bit out of time tonight so will yap about it later, for now here are some solid links to the game:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/
http://www.massively.com/photos/warhamm ... n-careers/
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7970&sid=1

[thmb]http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategori ... line_2.jpg[/thmb]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Ash
Must say i played during the preview weekend and
thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I really liked the RvR balance.
Quick turn around Scenarios and free for all RvR zones.
Also was present at a Keep defence.

:D
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Scorpius
Back playing WoW after AoC kinda fudged the ball big time but I'm going to be giving WAR a try.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Syro
Wulfy and I will be checking it out. It is next on our MMO list but we are deep into Vanguard atm. Probably 3-4 months before we make our way into WhO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

Lilleth
I'm seriously considering it :)
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:05 am

Ruhn
Heyhey!...wow I've been away for soooo long :O ...(hows everyone doing anyways ^^?) ..I ordered my copy of the game, hope we can set up some groups n stuff, I guess not everyone will be on EU servers tough
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:05 am

M.Steiner
I've not really payed any attention to this game if i'm honest since it didn't grab my attention like some of the others have, also the little bits i've seen have have always reminded me of WoW too which kinda put me off. (Not that i didn't enjoy WoW, i loved my time there, just fancy something different)

Those of you that have played it though, is it actually anything like WoW? First time i saw a screenshot of it i did a double take heh. :p

Also how's the game run? Do you need a relatively high spec pc for it? I may check it out at some point if my PC's likely to run it, i didn't plan on doing but since it's one of the more popular upcoming mmo's that peeps here are interested in i may do.. There's still a few others i'm interested in too but at the end of the day i'd rather play a game with people here that perhaps i wouldn't have considered normally, than play a game i've anticipated for months/years but play on my own. :)

(Hey Ruhn!, nice to see you :thumb:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Ruhn
SSX-MS wrote:I've not really payed any attention to this game if i'm honest since it didn't grab my attention like some of the others have, also the little bits i've seen have have always reminded me of WoW too which kinda put me off. (Not that i didn't enjoy WoW, i loved my time there, just fancy something different)

Those of you that have played it though, is it actually anything like WoW? First time i saw a screenshot of it i did a double take heh. :p

Also how's the game run? Do you need a relatively high spec pc for it? I may check it out at some point if my PC's likely to run it, i didn't plan on doing but since it's one of the more popular upcoming mmo's that peeps here are interested in i may do.. There's still a few others i'm interested in too but at the end of the day i'd rather play a game with people here that perhaps i wouldn't have considered normally, than play a game i've anticipated for months/years but play on my own. :)

(Hey Ruhn!, nice to see you :thumb:)
*Hihi Raawrr MS<333*

Ive expected this game to come out later this year but 2 weeks ago a friend of mine called me like zomgbbq its coming out the 18th! sooooo ive been checking and reading as much as I can about since then, and it made me so excited, especially the positive sounds from players that are trying it right now.

According to them it has changed alot since the first betas in almost every way, with awesome resuslts. The pc requirements are WoW like.. soo i guess you should be fine :) The main diff with WoW is the whole goal of the game, where WoW focusses on end game raids etc, WAR is aiming at PvP and RvR.

You'll get quests in pvp areas where you compete against the other faction, guilds can capture Keeps, the longer it stays under your guilds control the more advantage youll gain. Keeps can be assaulted with siege weapons etc. The guild part will be a very important part of the game but its something we will have to find out I guess..

So why Im going to try it:

*awesome classes and races
*the guild aspects (quests, Keep sieges etc)
*combat system

superhugs
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Ruhn
OI! I managed to capture a beta key! opens this weekend soooo ill give you guys a Review soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Syro
Ruhn wrote:OI! I managed to capture a beta key! opens this weekend soooo ill give you guys a Review soon!
Sweet :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:17 pm

M.Steiner
Ruhn wrote:You'll get quests in pvp areas where you compete against the other faction, guilds can capture Keeps, the longer it stays under your guilds control the more advantage youll gain. Keeps can be assaulted with siege weapons etc. The guild part will be a very important part of the game but its something we will have to find out I guess..
I like the sound of this i must say, my time in Neocron with it's Outpost's that clans could capture and fight over has always had me looking for similar systems in other games since.

Stuff like that which can bring a whole clan together to fight for something interests me far more than raiding instances, as enjoyable as i did find that for a while.

I've managed to get a key, will have to make sure i get time to try it and have the client downloaded in time (dl is just sitting atm :/)

Key Giveaway i found. Gl to anyone who trys that if they still have some left. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Ruhn
Im also downing the client, cant wait till sunday :O

Ive also found out that guilds can form alliances, and do stuff united under one banner. Aaaaand banners can be handed out to members, this makes them a flag bearer, its buffs the clanmates around but the one with the flag isnt able to use his normal abbilities but special ''flag'' moves... looks cool :O

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 am

Axavier
I'm in!! Just waiting for the new Computer...lol
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:25 am

M.Steiner
Sooo how's everyone's luck going with actually being able to play btw? A jolly good stress test for both them and us i'd say lol :p :sweat:

I managed to register yesterday after attempting most of the morning/afternoon, tried to confirm my email address though wasn't sure if that had worked or not as nothing seemed to happen but i received another email later on welcoming me, so i guess it must have.. Been trying to register my beta key most of today and finally managed that late this evening, just got the email saying it's correctly being registered too so i "should" be all set. Have been getting the authentication error on the client patcher all day too but luckily it let me login just a moment ago and i'm now patching! Hopefully it will let me into the game as well tomorrow hehe (or today rather). :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Padishar
Those who were in closed beta, preordered or were in the preview event got to start Friday.
With that said, after playing for a short Friday my computer decided to blow up thanks to an electrical storm.
Got a new comp up and running yesterday and I tried out some of the classes I hadn't tried out before.
Man this game is a LOT of fun.... hehe

Servers are PACKED, during prime time there is a good chance you will have to wait in a que to get in.
Try and pick a server with the least amount of people on it (if you can).
Last night I seen 1 server that had a high population, all the rest were full
and I had to either wait in line or create a new char on the one server that was 'mostly' full (there are like 10 servers or so).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:34 am

Futile Resistance
Wow... 10 servers for BETA. That's a first for me :weird:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 am

Ruhn
Ive been able to get some game time ... first impression...raarwww (H) it feels fresh.. this is going to be my next mmo adventure..no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:04 pm

M.Steiner
I've enjoyed playing the Nordenwatch RvR scenario which is what i've spent most of my time doing so far, got my character to renown rank 8 now. (I've seen 1 or 2 vendors that sold renown gear but none which looked to have full sets of stuff which i heard you can get when you're high enough, need to find those..)
Good fun so far anyway :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Ruhn
Source: WarhammerallianceFrom the From the Dev Team category we have: Open Beta Update.
Hello everyone, We've received a lot of great feedback from Open Beta already and have some great changes in the works that we'll be adding over the next few days and shortly after launch.

It's exciting to see how much everyone is enjoying the game and we can't wait to see you all playing come launch. Below are just some of the areas we're working on and the changes we have planned. We'll continue to monitor in-game for your feedback and work to make your experience even better! Please continue reading for all the details.

Improvements to RvR Itemization
We feel that it's important for players to be able to play RvR and PvE without missing out on appropriate loot for their level and career. Please see the post for more detail about our plans for bringing RvR loot into line with our goals: http://warherald.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=242

Loot Sparkles
We've continued to improve loot sparkles and have corrected one last small bug that caused corpses to sparkle even when you weren't able to loot them.

Pet User Interface
In the near future we'll be working to make sure the Pet UI stays up for as long as your pet does so that it doesn't on occasion disappear when you log out or zone. For now you can re-open the Pet UI window simply by summoning another pet.

Continued Improvements to Performance and Crash to Desktop Errors
Your ability to play the game smoothly is always our most important goal. We continue to work to apply fixes that will make your experience even more enjoyable. To help us out and make the experience better for you, be sure you have up-to-date drivers - including audio! Out of date video and audio drivers are among the highest contributors to game crashes.

Ability Not Ready Yet
We've recently improved ability responsiveness which will reduce the chance of you receiving the "Ability Not Ready Yet" message erroneously. This should help combat feel more natural!

Open RvR Ruleset Change
You've given us your feedback and we've listened! Open RvR servers will now allow you to play one tier below your current level without turning into a chicken. This will allow you more time to experience the PvE content of the first 3 tiers, and it also adds more danger to the mix.

Improved Graphics Options
We've got some great plans for improved graphics options as we continue through launch. Our number one priority is player performance. It's important in an RvR game for performance to be smooth and allow the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. In order to achieve our goals, we had to ensure a certain level of compatibility between devices. With all of the combinations and options available, we wanted to keep things simple and accessible to everyone.

With that in mind, we have a fix that may improve the ability of higher end machines to load textures, and we will continue to smooth out the process of the way textures load on your screen. In addition to this, we are exploring other options to add which will further enhance the graphics for mid to high range computers. For now, many users are able to turn on features such as anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering using their cards drivers.

This is just a sample of what's to come. We thank all of you for your enthusiastic participation in the Open Beta so far! We'll continue to monitor in-game and across all of our dedicated community forums for your feedback, and make your experience even better. Keep up the great work, have fun and prepare for WAR!

WAAAGH!!!
- The Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Team
aaah finally AA in the live version... everyone enjoying it so far?! ... I fell in love ahhaha xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Scorpius
I'm enjoying it, seems to be alot more smoother than AoC even with that monumental clusterf**k that GoA presided over with the Open Beta Sign ups.
So far played a Witch elf which I've enjoyed and a Chosen which is also fun especially when you give him a 2h wpn :D

Return to “Warhammer Online”