We're On Facebook!

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: We're On Facebook!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

SL33PY
ps, next time if you comment on your vid in the SSX channel, you might want to switch to your own profile first :) :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 pm

M.Steiner
Noted :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54 am

M.Steiner
Quick question. I don't use facebook as you know and I'm not sure how it worked before but did one of you remove/disable the automatic twitter > facebook sharing?. I don't know if it has started being selective over what it decides to share over there but I just took a look and it hasn't shared anything in 24hrs now. Was my sudden boost of activity on twitter for us seen as a problem or has the sharing thing gone full retard or something?. Just wondered :)
I've been pretty relaxed with twitter for the most part (social media is not my thing so basically had to train myself to use it heh), just using it every now and then which started to slow down over Christmas & New Year but I figured the only way we were gonna get seen was if I stepped it up. As such I've been making a conscious effort to use it more often and start providing more content for our YouTube channel at the same time.

Speaking of YouTube, is there anyone else here who would like to be a contributer to our channel?. We have 27 videos on there so far, all of which have been uploaded by me. I'm sure there are plenty people here who have better internet than me (the last SC vid I uploaded took me all night) and all of us here still game to some degree, obviously some more than others ofc. I'll keep adding my own stuff as much as I can but it would be nice to have other peeps contributing to it too which will both increase and vary our output on there :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, no, I haven't disabled that. Should still be working...I'm not sure where the setting is though.

I shall take a looksie later tonight!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm

M.Steiner
Ta :)
Not sure what happened with it (don't think I've touched anything by accident), just seemed odd that it suddenly went all quiet despite me still tweeting and uploading vids. Very strange lol.
Managed to attract a few new twitter followers this week though so doing some good! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You've been doing a good job of the Twitter mate - tis really appreciated :)

Just to pontificate a little further on this now I'm back home. I would very much like to do some Youtube vids of my own, and also do some Twitch streaming too (very keen on the latter), but I'm not planning to look into it further until I have my upgraded PC in a couple of months.

I'm having enough trouble running games like DA on semi-decent settings currently as it is, so I'm deliberately not trying to tax the PC too much and force further reduction in settings.

My plan is to focus a bit more on SP RPGs when I come to do streaming I think - I'd like to stream and do videos of FF8 especially if I can, since it's one of my specialities and is a bit of a niche in the streaming world :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:09 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Just to pontificate a little further on this now I'm back home. I would very much like to do some Youtube vids of my own, and also do some Twitch streaming too (very keen on the latter), but I'm not planning to look into it further until I have my upgraded PC in a couple of months.

I'm having enough trouble running games like DA on semi-decent settings currently as it is, so I'm deliberately not trying to tax the PC too much and force further reduction in settings.

My plan is to focus a bit more on SP RPGs when I come to do streaming I think - I'd like to stream and do videos of FF8 especially if I can, since it's one of my specialities and is a bit of a niche in the streaming world :)
This would be great mate. I look forward to seeing some of your stuff when the time comes! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Inquisitor
M.Steiner wrote:Ta :)
Not sure what happened with it (don't think I've touched anything by accident), just seemed odd that it suddenly went all quiet despite me still tweeting and uploading vids. Very strange lol.
Managed to attract a few new twitter followers this week though so doing some good! :D
The integration is very inconsistent. But unless you get a third party client, it works often enough and well enough...
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, definitely seems that way now I look at it. It hasn't shared any of our YouTube content since the 15th now and I've uploaded 13 videos since then o.O. Not to worry I guess..
twitter.jpg
twitter.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 17327 times
Been a good week :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 am

SL33PY
Your work is really appreciated, I'm sorry I haven't been contributing much lately. I will need to find a way to filter out our team speak / mumble comms when doing twitch streams. Then I'll be able to do some more of it.

Also, I'm no longer active as a person on facebook. I do still login sometimes, but that's just to see if someone sent me a msg and nothing more.

Just FYI, I do follow up on twitter, retweet the things that I like and apparently my followers kind of like your content too :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:50 am

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:I'm sorry I haven't been contributing much lately.
Don't worry.
I said as much to Anny over the weekend but the same applies to you too. Whilst I did notice you were posting a lot less after Christmas (and even PM'd you to see if everything was ok hehe) was because (being the arbiter aside) you are one of our biggest contributers (and your retweets etc on Twitter haven't gone unnoticed ;)). So when people like yourself start to go quiet it shows and displays how active you have been and how much of a presence you have here, for us to notice.
I don't want to point fingers so I'll just name the two of you but with Anny too, even though he's really busy with RL stuff a lot of the time, has far less time for gaming than he has in the past and we have yet to arrange some games of Star Citizen with him, he too is one of our biggest contributes and does a hell of here. If we didn't still have people like you guys (and myself) helping to keep things going for the last X amount of time I hate to think what kinda state this place would be in right now. My worry was (and I hope it never happens) that people like us might one day get to a point where we just gave up. I hope I didn't upset anyone with my post and I hope it didn't come across as "look at all the things I do" etc but if saying something helps then I'm glad I spoke up :)

I won't name names on here as that wouldn't be a nice or the right thing to do (but if they still consider themselves a member they can easily ask themselves if this might apply to them) but if you look at activity levels here one would probably assume that I game more than most people here, right?. That may be true to a degree but we do still have people who game just as much as I do, sometimes more infact. Would be nice if those guys popped their head in more often :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:55 am

SL33PY
I just did a mass private message mailing... by replying to all to the one from 2011. So far one guy came back and posted! Good Job!

Also I hope more of those people will pop in for a sec and start sharing their stuff so we can get the engine going forward once more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This flagrant abuse of the PM system should no longer be possible...

I missed a setting somewhere maybe!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 pm

SL33PY
Anubis wrote:This flagrant abuse of the PM system should no longer be possible...

aww com on, at least give us newsletters then

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:
Anubis wrote:This flagrant abuse of the PM system should no longer be possible...

aww com on, at least give us newsletters then
:lol:

I was trolling btw :p

Return to “Members”