Our YouTube Intro & Outro Videos

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Our YouTube Intro & Outro Videos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:51 pm

M.Steiner
If you've been following us on YouTube for a while now you will have seen the intro and outro videos I made for including on the content I have been publishing. I wanted these as a way of personalising the videos a bit, acting as extra links to our homepage and making them look a little more professional at the same time. I've never used After Effects before though so had to follow tutorials as I had no clue what I was doing heh.

If you are one of our YouTube managers and would like to include these in your own videos for sharing on our channel then I have uploaded them for your use. You don't have to use them of course, but they are here if/when you do. You can view and download them here:
Main Group Intro (STR)
Star Citizen division Intro (SSC)
Outro

- Note #1: Windows Movie Maker is the software I have been using to put my YouTube videos together and export them for uploading. If you already have and know how to use something a little more advanced like Adobe Premiere then that's cool, but I've got by with Movie Maker just fine so far. It's simple to use and each of us already has it with Windows.
- Note #2: There are two versions of the intro - One which is for standard group videos of any division, uses our main STR tag and links to shatteredstar.org. The other is specifically for our Shattered Star Community group in Star Citizen and links to our organization page there. The outro is the same for both and also links to shatteredstar.org.

Don't have access and would like to start recording and sharing some of your own stuff to our channel? Give SL33PY a poke (he is the owner of the page and thus the only one who can add/remove) and he will add you to our list of YouTube managers. At the time of writing this all 55 videos on our channel have been uploaded by myself so it'd be great to get some other people contributing and have lots of other stuff on there, even if it's just a single video every now and then. Doesn't have to be a recording of you playing something either really. Could be a review or your impressions of something (using trailer footage etc if you're unable to record your own), a preview of something you have beta access to (provided there's no NDA), a video you've taken whilst at a gaming event (hope SL33PY got some at the Eve fanfest!), guides/tutorials, or something a bit different and related to some of the other stuff we chat about from time to time; Anime, tv, music (I shared some vids of a gig I went to last week for example), movies etc.
Plenty of options when you think about it ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Our YouTube Intro & Outro Videos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 am

SL33PY
a video you've taken whilst at a gaming event (hope SL33PY got some at the Eve fanfest!
Sorry, too busy with tv work and drinking :thumb:

Re: Our YouTube Intro & Outro Videos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm

M.Steiner
Shame, would have been ideal for our channel. Not to worry! :)

I'll be taking my camera to another music gig in 8 weeks though. Assuming I'm allowed to record again and I have a good enough view to record from I fully intend to get some vids from that too. Fingers crossed :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Members”